Author Topic: [request] lower the gproxy recconect time  (Read 1228 times)

Offline roxxer

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
hey admins here is my request:
can you lower the time to reconnect from Groxy?(is 380 sec right now)
and there is the reason:
there is a ton of ppl that sould be banned for pluggers, but the 380 secs are really.... hateful and the other ppl start to votekick the plugger, the votekick command DON`T BAN as result erveryone got pissed of waste of time, and no one is banned.
the kick timer should be lowered to 45 almost, this amount of time is sufficient to reconnect any network... so my regards  for this very good bot(today offline) keep it the job ;D

Melissa

Re: [request] lower the gproxy recconect time
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 22:09 »
should be lowered to 45 almost, this amount of time is sufficient to reconnect any networ
thats not true, my router restarted ( i have now a new one :P ) every 4 hours and needed one minute and some seconds to restart

Offline mathtt

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 22:35 »
i would ask to increase it and change !votekick command so that you can not kick a player who is lagging. Coz:

1. We spend lots of time for 1 game = waiting for start, and game lasts a lot. Waiting a few minutes for 1 player is fine.
2. Ban system is quite good here, player gets banned for a long time if he left on purpose hence we can wait for a few minutes.

Offline kingW3

• Partimanijak
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 22:40 »
lots of people asked to extend the duration of gproxy timer so thats why they changed it 

Offline UNBANMEHPLX

• Advanced Member
  • This prattle bores me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 23:57 »
i agree that reconnect time should be decreased by atleast 50% couse waiting 6+ mins is just stupid

Offline platimir_vutin

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 00:12 »
i would say 180sec is enough, guess 95% of all disconnect will connect within 180 sec (about 80% within 60sec) - so i think its just a waste of time to have a 6min reconnection time
also know as imba "Cartm4n"