Author Topic: Suggestion for !mute change  (Read 2924 times)

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Suggestion for !mute change
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 23:45 »
Some underage host may use !mute 546657657 *name* and that might be a problem.
My idea is !mute *name* #1=60sec, !mute *name* #2=120sec, !mute *name* #3=permanent
Host always may !unmute muted player.

Offline Ripshaft

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 23:58 »
MyUberNick says that the [seconds] will be added as an option, there's nothing to suggest the base !mute command will be changed, entering in a massive or non numeric value is handled by input handling in the code, so it's nothing to worry about.

I think it's a welcome addition, though I don't think I'll find a use for it personally. I only mute when there's no concieveable way the player will add anything of real value in text to the game, in which case there's no reason to make it temporary. If someone's just exploding with rage, they usually ragequit or plug, I very rarely if ever see any reason to mute someone to have them cool off, though I probably will soon enough, at which point this command will be useful =)

Offline 7th.SkY

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 21:50 »
"Vote mute" would be helpful too. There are hosts that mute players for no good reason and the players stay muted for the rest of the game.
Apart from giving a command !mute lasting interval it would be very useful if it works on vote too. However, since flaming can happen in allied chat only, two or three votes should be enough for muting to take place.