Author Topic: Suggestion for !mute change  (Read 2851 times)

Offline Z0Di4C

• Retired Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Lets Put a Smile on That Face !
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Suggestion for !mute change
« on: January 27, 2010, 18:27 »
...as we all know there is a command to mute players which is constantly abused by idiot hosts...my suggestion is that mute lasts f/e 1 min and that it has a cooldown of 30 sec in order to remove the perma ban problem...when muted a warning message should be displayed to the muted player...ofc to every idea there is a downside...
...pls comment this suggestion...

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Suggestion for !mute change
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 22:25 »
Great idea!
I have to admit that I'd muted player sometimes becouse he insults. I'd forgot it and he has been muted too long.
I didnt want to mute ppl whole game, just moment that ppl insult other players becouse they died like "unlucky team battles" was just angry.
My suggestion is !mute command lasts 90seconds.

Offline Quon

• Hand of The King
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • garekds9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 11:39 »
I agree.

Offline Z0Di4C

• Retired Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 15:48 »
...cool...ty...some more comments would be nice...

Offline P_u..D_gE

• Retired Moderator
  • Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 15:54 »
...as we all know there is a command to mute players which is constantly abused by idiot hosts...my suggestion is that mute lasts f/e 1 min and that it has a cooldown of 30 sec in order to remove the perma ban problem...when muted a warning message should be displayed to the muted player...ofc to every idea there is a downside...

This have a problem. The idea is not bad at all but there are players which insults because they want. They feel better than anyone and they insult, so if you mute them 1 minute and they have to insult 30 secods (CD mute), it will be the same. I think this idea has an improvemente. The improvement is to mute the player 1 minute the first time, 2 minutes the second time, and 3 minutes the third time with an AutoBanRequest on forum, which will be done by a spambot. So the host won't have to request a ban for insults.

Offline Z0Di4C

• Retired Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 17:46 »

This have a problem. The idea is not bad at all but there are players which insults because they want. They feel better than anyone and they insult, so if you mute them 1 minute and they have to insult 30 secods (CD mute), it will be the same. I think this idea has an improvemente. The improvement is to mute the player 1 minute the first time, 2 minutes the second time, and 3 minutes the third time with an AutoBanRequest on forum, which will be done by a spambot. So the host won't have to request a ban for insults.

...ofc that was the downside...
...if u can make mutes stack like u said it would be great...

Offline crysty07

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 03:34 »
great idea :)

Offline Satnspawn

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 16:26 »
I've seen this work really nice on private bots. Actually I was thinking of suggesting the same thing. I don't know what is the perma ban problem..but I think that the cd of 30 seconds is too long. It should be 1/2 or 1/3 as long. Also, in my opinion, the mute should last more than a min. I am suggesting 2-3 mins minimum. One minute of mute, I think, isn't enough to chill some players.

Offline Z0Di4C

• Retired Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 17:46 »
I've seen this work really nice on private bots. Actually I was thinking of suggesting the same thing. I don't know what is the perma ban problem..but I think that the cd of 30 seconds is too long. It should be 1/2 or 1/3 as long. Also, in my opinion, the mute should last more than a min. I am suggesting 2-3 mins minimum. One minute of mute, I think, isn't enough to chill some players.

...cool that we share the same idea...but i think ur wrong about cooldown and lasting of the mute...1 min is more than enough to calm ppl down...and problem of perma ban is that u are muted for the whole game by an idiot host who refuses to umnute u even if u wisp him...

Offline Satnspawn

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 21:51 »
It's not just about chilling a player down but making him think twice about raging next time. A mute of 60 sec is not long. He can just speak his filthy mind up, and not woriyng about the punishment.

The more severe "punishment" the more more he will think twice about spaming idiot, retards and so forth. Mother inusults are always a popular laugh. Anyway, as a solution to the problem of proper duration of mute, a command like !mute 60 could be useful, which means that the player will be muted for 60 second. Also saw that on private bots, and seen it works well. By default !mute mutes the player for 60 or 90 sec. If the player is insulting badly you can type !mute 120 which mutes him for 2 mins. Of, course there will be a max, so you can't mute him the whole game like !mute 3600. For example !Mute 180 works, but over 180 (!mute 190) doesn't do anything or it just mutes him by a default duration.
As for the perma ban issue, don't think it'll be a big problem, because hosts will have to give the command every minute or every 3, which is tiresome work, even with copy paste. Those rare people that do that, will simply be banned for a long while.

Offline Dark_Servant

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 15:10 »

When I saw this thread, I though of it same way as you did. Just I think it would be better to mute 1st offender for 2 mins (1 min isn't rly enought time to chill out), 2nd 6 mins, 3rd auto ban request

Offline Quon

• Hand of The King
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • garekds9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 02:12 »
Zodiacs proposal is just fine. Nothing more.

Offline Ripshaft

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 23:06 »
I frequently mute players who do nothing but whine, I find the game significantly better for it, and I think the other players, especially the ones on their team that have to listen to them bitch and cry constantly feel the same. I've tried unmuting these players after a certain amount of time, and they just continue to whine and bitch and cry, having a severe negative effect on player morale. When you play with these people you just want them to shut up or leave, or for the game to finish as fast as possible so that you don't have to listen to their shit anymore.

!mute is a godsend, do not change it.

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 23:26 »
I frequently mute players who do nothing but whine, I find the game significantly better for it, and I think the other players, especially the ones on their team that have to listen to them bitch and cry constantly feel the same. I've tried unmuting these players after a certain amount of time, and they just continue to whine and bitch and cry, having a severe negative effect on player morale. When you play with these people you just want them to shut up or leave, or for the game to finish as fast as possible so that you don't have to listen to their shit anymore.

True.
However after a while player may get calm... So he have his faith in own hands. Whine/flame more? another, longer !mute. Third time he gets !mute permanent and only host can !unmute him wich is only his will.

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2010, 23:34 »
!mute <name> [seconds] - mute a player, optionally add [seconds] to mute a player for a period of time (it tries to do a partial match)

After reading all of this !mute <name> [seconds] will be added in the next release, anything else is over complicating a simple command imho.

!mute is not going to be removed, it's a core bot command to fight spammers and flamers.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 23:59 by MyUberNick »