Author Topic: Suggestion  (Read 3614 times)

Offline KillMasterCZ

• Well, why not?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Suggestion
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 16:31 »
Thumbs up for the idea. And it should differentiate "pluggers" from the ones who just lost the connection :D
2 in 1 :))

From what i understood from unofficial sources you can only reconnect if your warcraft client stays running, if you get war3 error or power shortage or whatever what causes your war3 to shut down you can't reconnect.

If it's really going to work this way you can't really differentiate plug from dc.

Hmm, if its really like this, than this tool is totaly useless o.O If anything happens to me, its the bluescreen.

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 20:57 »
The GHost++ 17.0 version was released, but I can't find GProxy++. The changes show that this release will support a reconnect system.

EDIT:
I found the GProxy++ SVN, but there are no files (yet).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 21:47 by ek0 »

Offline penisfacelol

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 23:14 »
Hmm, if its really like this, than this tool is totaly useless o.O If anything happens to me, its the bluescreen.

There is a difference between getting a BSOD and getting DC because of ISP error. Fixing your computer is something that is within your powers, dc (due to random ISP error) is "force majeure", there is nothing you can do about it.. If you get BSOD its your own fault, so you should get ban anyway.

About power outage..  it is not really a common problem (unless you live in some third world country.. :) ) so i think a ban in case of 'not' reconnecting is valid. And if power outage really should happen, then... thats what the unban request forum is for.

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 12:19 »
This is post is for the re-connect feature:

Quote from: changelog.txt
added support for connections from reconnect tools such as GProxy++
This means that GProxy++ will be one (and maybe the first) of many tools.

you should ensure that bot_synclimit is set to a reasonable value if you choose to allow GProxy++ reliable reconnects
This means that the synclimit should be low, not 500 or 10000 (many owners set it to maximum).

due to the way GProxy++ works, increasing this value increases bandwidth requirements and CPU requirements on the players' computers
This means that a Notebook won't handle reconnecting (if the player is reconnecting or if the player is in the same game).

Also the maximum time to wait a user to reconnect is 10 minutes.

Offline Dark_Servant

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2010, 15:32 »
I just wanna say that sometimes I get disconnected simply cos of my ISP restarted conn at around 00.00, which I also tried to prevent by restarting my modem manually. Sometimes it works, but sometimes don't. In this case this new feature with that client would allow me to reconn cos my conn dropps for 2 or 3 sec and then is back on...

Offline X-PLODE

• Pro Member
  • Jimmy Eat World!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 14:01 »
I wonder what reconnecting will do to my mh...

Offline Blik

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 21:18 »
I wonder what reconnecting will do to my mh...

It will explode