Author Topic: Question for moderators  (Read 1358 times)

Offline ^_GaaRa_^

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Question for moderators
« on: June 25, 2010, 23:07 »
As you know I was moderator and I'd like to understand the point of some punishments you impose to some "special players".

1- Permanently Ban: Before asking you why do you impose this kind of punishment I'd like to remember you that, someone who is banned isn't allowed to play with another account. Now, understanding this, why do you ban permanently someone? If I'm not wrong, when you ban a person, you're not banning that one, you're banning his nickname, and that doesn't avoid him to play. I understand you Permaban a nickname if he abuse stats incredibbly because if you don't ban forever, when he gets unbanned he still would have that abusing score, anyway it's an excesive punishment because, as I said, that doesn't avoid him to play. I think this kind of ban (which is really special) should have a different way of punishment. For example (and it's only an example to show you an idea), you could permaban the abusing account and the player for X-days. After those X-day passed, he is allowed to create a new account and play again. I know that this maybe seems stupid because you can think that he can create another account with permaban but, this would be a legal way to let him play, just like when you ban a leaver and he can create a new account (even if it's not allowed). So, banning the player for Xdays, and locking account would be better than permaban.

Then, in conclusion... my proposition is that those accounts you want to get permabanned has a different punishment. The punishment would be, lock the account and ban the player Xdays.

Thank you for reading me.

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Question for moderators
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 07:51 »
Check the rules again.
A permanent ban is used after a great and excessive rule break. The ban before a permanent one (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th) is usually 1 - 3 months. Why would I "lock" an account and "ban" the user for X days, while he previously was banned for months?

Offline Myon

• Advanced Member
  • U ARE MY STAAAAAR
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 12:45 »
Men, they cant lock account, only xpam staff can do it, so name ban on their own bot is the only thing they can.
You suggest that permaban encourage players to create new account so they cant avoid their ban. You think that 1 month banned player or even 1 week would w8 till ban expire? Ofc NO. Every ban can be trespassed, even account lock and IP ban, sadly. 

Offline Chaosboy

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 11:29 »
Sorry for bothering but...I want to find on what server I got banned and I used this link http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php/topic,9637.0.html. This time I couldn't find on what server  I got banned.I need to type !checkban nickname in the playdota channel ........But I don't know where it is.PLS help.

Offline Quon

• Hand of The King
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • garekds9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 11:54 »
Sorry for bothering but...I want to find on what server I got banned and I used this link http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php/topic,9637.0.html. This time I couldn't find on what server  I got banned.I need to type !checkban nickname in the playdota channel ........But I don't know where it is.PLS help.

nick name?

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 12:41 »
Join any channel and type /join playdota.eu then type !checkban.
Or from any channel type /w playdota.eu !checkban.