Author Topic: Why is backdoor illegal?  (Read 3380 times)

Offline Bender

• Newbie Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Why is backdoor illegal?
« on: January 26, 2010, 18:51 »
I don't see any rule about it written out in lobbies or playdota.eu; Icefrog recently built in a safeguard against it, not making it impossible, but just making it harder, thus acknowledging it as a viable option; it isn't banned in most high-level tournies.

If you carry a tp scroll, it is no problem at all, and carrying a tp scroll is something everyone should do anyway. Why are people getting banned for it?

(moved to a more suitable forum I didn't notice beforehand)

Offline burunduk

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Why is backdoor illegal?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 23:55 »
Imagine that you are godlike, your team is owning, your teammates are doing great job, you push last lane, feel happy... shit, .i. game ended, you lost. Why? Because clinkz backdoored your tree. GG? WP?
If you care very much about winning (you are in tournament or something), backdoor is not so illegal, you have to prevent it, but in pubs? Only to get "won" in stats? even if you had very bad day and your team sucks?

Offline Bender

• Newbie Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 08:00 »
DotA is a team game and the object of it is to win. Destroy the other team's throne/tree. If the rest of your team can defend sufficiently while you push, then it is good team play, not some damn "getting won in stats". Why do you play if not to win? To get a pretty k/d in your !sd? I bet you killsteal with support heroes.

Simple map awareness and team play is all that backdooring encourages. Your support heroes carry tp/bot or stay behind and if there is an overfed invis hero around, ward the areas that are vulnerable. If you find that too hard or too much trouble, then I'm sorry. I mean, even if all rax are down (in which case you should already have lost), it only costs 600 to ward every side of base for 3 minutes. 200 per face per 3 heroes. WHOAMG.

I mean, come on, if you let one hero kill your base, you deserve to lose. You are worse than the other team. That's a fact.

Offline burunduk

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 10:38 »
Yes, I play support and dagon is always my first item to steal kills ;P ><
Still - fat clinkz can take down your buildings within few seconds. If your BoT is on cd - you are fucked.

Offline Bender

• Newbie Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 11:05 »
I'm sorry about my rudeness. My point is that if a hero is allowed to become so fat as to take down all your towers before you take down theirs even with your using wards and tp-s, then it's rightfully gg. Well played is what you should say instead of BD NOOB.

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 11:11 »
Still - fat clinkz can take down your buildings within few seconds. If your BoT is on cd - you are fucked.
Sounds like clinkz is your worst nightmare :)
BD preventing system is good. You cant down the throne/tree before 2 towers nearby has not been destroyed. When you try to destroy towers without your creeps around, building regenerate so quick that you must have huge firepower to down it and dont suffer too much.
However if you loose a battle and 3 or 4 of your teammates died, enemy attacks tower doing BD, you dont have chances to defend... You can die if you try to.

Offline Quon

• Hand of The King
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • garekds9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 12:00 »
When creeps are in base, there is no BD rule. U can't BD tree/thron as Rasor said. In some leagues BD is forbidden with Furion only. So get used to it. BD rule does not apply.

Offline crysty07

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 04:00 »
I don't see any rule about it written out in lobbies or playdota.eu; Icefrog recently built in a safeguard against it, not making it impossible, but just making it harder, thus acknowledging it as a viable option; it isn't banned in most high-level tournies.

If you carry a tp scroll, it is no problem at all, and carrying a tp scroll is something everyone should do anyway. Why are people getting banned for it?

(moved to a more suitable forum I didn't notice beforehand)
what a stupid question

Offline midoelbasha

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 08:13 »
there was this game a looooooong time ago. we were winning and everthing and just about to push down to get raks. rhasta goes to up, ulti > ref > ulti and takes down raks. it was a really good game (challengy) but then it gets fucked up cuz some idiot thinks he's a smart ass.

and as for the tp scroll, so this means that everytime a losing team wants to end ur push they just go to ur base and atk, u tp back and voila; base saved.
you suck and you know it!

Offline 7th.SkY

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 13:29 »
Interesting topic, however, I think that first we'll need a proper definition about backdooring. I first thought backdooring is attacking any tower without creep support.
However, its not any tower, it appears to be only base towers.

Now, once your creeps are in base you are allowed to attack any tower and stay there as long as you want. So, lets say, middle tower, rax and towers guarding the throne are destroyed (meaning that there is upper lane and bottom lane tower standing with barracks) . Bone enters enemy base with creeps and starts destroying buildings, opposing team heroes come back to defend and clean out all creeps, but bone however stays there in windwalk, now that he has lots of space to hide, is he allowed to attack again (cause he didn't leave enemy base, he was there all the time)? Late game bone with orchid has all the mana he needs to consume creeps and heal himself, so if he can hide, which in this situation he can, then there is no need to go back...
So, the enemy heroes have to buy a gem or plant like 5-6 wards all around the base just to check whether clinkz is still there so they can leave the base or something?
Honestly in these situations I find myself with 3k gold without having enough time to go to fountain and complete an item, not to mention wards and stuff...

Are there any official rules (written by developers) about backdooring on dota allstars? If there are, are these rules of backdooring the same as we (playdota.eu players and admins) consider them to be? If there are no officially written rules, maybe then there is no backdooring, yet on some tournaments there are specific situations when it's considered as backdooring and is forbidden (I've read somewhere that Furion teleport into enemy base and destroying towers is considered ONLY as backdooring).

It's a mess.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 13:40 by 7th.SkY »

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 15:31 »
About that clinkz, I already said it (I think). And even if opposite team has gem, he can hide in woods (still in base; there are some spots to hide).

That is why I think backdoor rules are needed.

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 21:16 »
I said that before! If theres no creeps nearby tower, building regeneration is so fast that clinkz with orchid cant really do much.
Guys.. just try attack any tower without a creeps and you will see that is possible only with team rush. Or maybe we talk about clinkz with orchid, butterfly, buriza, and rapier... That game would be over long time before.

Offline midoelbasha

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 03:39 »
I said that before! If theres no creeps nearby tower, building regeneration is so fast that clinkz with orchid cant really do much.
Guys.. just try attack any tower without a creeps and you will see that is possible only with team rush. Or maybe we talk about clinkz with orchid, butterfly, buriza, and rapier... That game would be over long time before.

u dont need all that.
bone with orchid + mkb + treads + skadi has enough dmg to take down a lv 3 tower while tanking. mkb doesnt even have to be complete.

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 07:52 »

u dont need all that.
bone with orchid + mkb + treads + skadi has enough dmg to take down a lv 3 tower while tanking. mkb doesnt even have to be complete.
agree lol.
but how game would last so long with so feeded clinkz.
Orchid, mkb and treads its enough to pwn most of the times and farming for scadi instead of trying to gank/finish is irracional.

Offline midoelbasha

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2010, 14:48 »
farming for skadi doesnt take long. a few kills at start plus farming w/ ulti is really fast (cd is 20sec only).
plus a gang or 2 in between and u've skadi right after orchid.