Author Topic: Votekick is broken  (Read 1360 times)

Offline BugMeNot

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Votekick is broken
« on: October 20, 2011, 23:00 »
I've had quite a few games now where one or two teammates would go afk, or even start feeding, for the rest of the game because "someone blocked him", "everyone else is feeding" or some other retarded reason, even though he most of the time is the biggest noob on the team himself.

Our team tries to kick him but other team obviously doesn't agree because it's in their favor.

It would be good if you easier could kick someone from your own team. Say maybe 4/5 team votes + 2/5 enemy votes. We still need some enemy votes otherwise your team could kick someone not wanting to !ff for example, or to draw the game before 5min mark if they are 4 friends teamed up and get a bad draw in -ar.

The way things are working now is unbearable. Maybe you should force pause the game while a votekick is going on so people explicitly have to type !yes, !no or wait until votekick expires before unpause. Alot of people simply seem to ignore or miss that there's a votekick going on.

I'm really frustrated by all these people going afk midgame. There has to be a solution to this. Maybe a bit off topic but is it possible to detect damage done, distance moved or something? The built in afk-check now is useless as you just have to click once every 5min to not get booted.

Offline dRagoLjuB

• dRagoLjuB
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Nowhere and Everywhere
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Votekick is broken
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 23:15 »
http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php?action=search

hf with that

it was alrdy discussed

Offline BugMeNot

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 13:05 »
Yes, without any good response and now locked. http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php/topic,65214.0.html

I also made some new suggestions which i think justifies a new topic.

Offline [kosarkas]

• WickedSick Member
  • Ooohhh...You know I don't give a fuck!!!
  • Awards Submitted more than 15 useful myths [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 16:28 »
The only thing that could be done is for example if some1 is feeding and his entire team votes and he has 5+ deaths or he is retarded and goes afk more than 3-4 mins... the guys from enemy team that didnt vote can be reported for ban for game ruining...thats fair IMO! But only if all of his team m8s must vote...

Offline Dagger_Master^^

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 07:30 »
"I'm really frustrated by all these people going afk midgame. There has to be a solution to this. Maybe a bit off topic but is it possible to detect damage done, distance moved or something? The built in afk-check now is useless as you just have to click once every 5min to not get booted."

dear god man, can you think before making suggestions like these ?
you are frustrated by people going afk midgame ? find good players and play with them, if your psr is 1400 you will most likely experience games like these. go for 1700+ these sort of things happen once in 1000 years in decent level games
you want to be autokicked once you leave 2 min from pc cause the door rang, or someone called, or your cousin came to your place to give you something, etc ?

the things you mention happen in a small area of psr, particularry the "new account" psr. ( 1500 ) and it's obvious why. noobs get banned for random reasons, make new accounts and fuck things up more.
get bigger psr and your game quality will improve, trust me. no need for autoafk-kicker with timer set to 10 seconds ...

also the votekick issue ... whatever you do, do not lower the required votes .. let's say you have 2 idiots in your team, you are dominating the game by yourself, the enemies all want you out, you kill one more guy from the enemy team, and those 2 idiots from your team consider that the kill you just made was a "ks", because they are idiots. they start a votekick, enemies vote and you are out. very nice right ? these things will happen way more often since all of these pd.eu players are psr whores mostly who only care about their psr and forgot that the game was being played before this useless system which proves nothing about a persons skill level, whatever that's another issue.

TL;DR : It's fine as it is, changing it will make things worse.

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 07:32 »
+1 dagger.

Offline n3cr0m4n

• Pro Member
  • De ce ti-e frica de moarte, cand toata lumea moare
  • Awards 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 07:49 »
"I'm really frustrated by all these people going afk midgame. There has to be a solution to this. Maybe a bit off topic but is it possible to detect damage done, distance moved or something? The built in afk-check now is useless as you just have to click once every 5min to not get booted."

dear god man, can you think before making suggestions like these ?
you are frustrated by people going afk midgame ? find good players and play with them, if your psr is 1400 you will most likely experience games like these. go for 1700+ these sort of things happen once in 1000 years in decent level games
you want to be autokicked once you leave 2 min from pc cause the door rang, or someone called, or your cousin came to your place to give you something, etc ?

the things you mention happen in a small area of psr, particularry the "new account" psr. ( 1500 ) and it's obvious why. noobs get banned for random reasons, make new accounts and fuck things up more.
get bigger psr and your game quality will improve, trust me. no need for autoafk-kicker with timer set to 10 seconds ...

also the votekick issue ... whatever you do, do not lower the required votes .. let's say you have 2 idiots in your team, you are dominating the game by yourself, the enemies all want you out, you kill one more guy from the enemy team, and those 2 idiots from your team consider that the kill you just made was a "ks", because they are idiots. they start a votekick, enemies vote and you are out. very nice right ? these things will happen way more often since all of these pd.eu players are psr whores mostly who only care about their psr and forgot that the game was being played before this useless system which proves nothing about a persons skill level, whatever that's another issue.

Why you say that ?, i get afker in middle of game at 1700 psr like 50% of my games , the only games where wasnt any afker was over 1850 psr, now 1700 psr is like you have 1500, since most of them play whit team, and when they lose, "I go afk Hf"

More Splits please, :)

P.S. i dont care if it is spit or splits :)

Offline BugMeNot

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 10:23 »
I did not ask for 10 second afk-timeout, i asked for a more intelligent afk-timeout. Like if you haven't killed X nr of creeps/neutrals/heroes in Y minutes you get +Z votes in all votekicks or something. Now it's too easy to just alt tab and do ONE CLICK every 5 minute to not trigger the built in afk-check.

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Enjoyjoy your life
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 12:18 »

agree it happened me once, I was playing storm and as ganker I was everywhere and ganks and team fights were in our favour, but as big dmg dealer I make pretty big no. of kills and they were fucked that its ks even we were winning, they cared about their stats more then team win so they votekick me and ofc why not enemies not vote player that kill them a lot... and I checked that game after....what happened they lost my team ....idiots are everywhere
so having more ppl is better cause some1 can abuse that and from enemies its not whole team so if you again dont play against idiots, everythink should be fine ;)