Author Topic: Dear Playdota.eu!  (Read 6490 times)

Offline _VendettA_

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • what goes around comes around
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dear Playdota.eu!
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 14:17 »
there is almost no why to get high psr without a good teammates.....but the question  is why every 1 have psr if it's not about him anymore... ?? it's about his team ..so from now on don't join any game if u don't have a good teammates .........

well is that fare to  you .....??????

why did they made the whole system so every player get's his own psr
they should have made it like every team has his own psr ...

so the whole problem will be solved if they only put a new system or an other mode so when you try to look to some1 's score you will see K/D not W/L ....

is that so hard to do... ???

When a man learns to love he must bear the risk of hatred.

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Enjoyjoy your life
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 14:22 »
it will be the previous mode K/D/A and its still doesnt say anything about player skill ;)
and this topic was solved here before for many times, just search and add your ideas to those topics...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 14:34 by joyjoy »

Offline abloodywar

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 14:25 »
Your question was about PSR System, not PSR only. Thats why i answered about k/d/a... First read what you ask, instead of poor spam.
What are you talking about? k/d/a has nothing to do with PSR.

And i wont agree about teammates, you can still have nice PSR 1800+ playing only with pubers...
Not if you blindly follow the PSR.
I used to just join a game and not care, it was !balanced and started. My PSR lingered around 1550 although my stats/k/d/a was well above average.
Then I got tired of noobs and started checking !sd of my team most of the time, and I climbed steadily to 1800+ (although the general increase of skilled players haven't gone up).

Please explain. Don't just cherry pick an excerpt of my question and refute my entire post by just calling it "poor spam". You are sad and pathetic. But you are not alone. Everyone that argues for PSR does this, because there is no way to defend that broken, miserable system.

this topic was solved
If by solved you mean a lot of people feeling that this system is broken and nothing has been done about it, I guess maybe.

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Enjoyjoy your life
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 14:37 »

this topic was solved
If by solved you mean a lot of people feeling that this system is broken and nothing has been done about it, I guess maybe.

I didnt mean that like solved, but was solved in past time, so better to say "was solving"... better?

Offline NiGhT^^StAlKeR

• Safelist Administator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Geh.TT. / Rockasaurus / Nox.Interfector
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Rubick Tournament Winner Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] Mirana 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Path of the King Tour 1. Place Award [LEGENDARY] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] Tiny Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 14:45 »
Your point - PSR doesnt say anything about player's skill . True and false .

First of all you cant get, lets say 1900+ psr, if u are noob. Maybe we got different explanation for word ''noob'' .

On the other hand if a guy joined my game with 1750 psr and 4/2 k/d ration i would have kicked him probably . Why ? Because he is 95% some farmer ( noob ) , who farms entire game and gives a damn about game itself.

You basicly didnt say anything new here . Im here for about a year and i played more games then most of people here . I did it because pd.eu is best place, in my honest opinion, for pub games .

I also played on last season where we had totally different ranking system . PSR system was a big step ahead in improving this community . ''Pro'' games from last system are 5 times worse than ''pro'' games with psr system and lets say 1800+ players in it.

I am sure that 90% of 1850+ psr guys are not noobs. There is always that 10 % that got psr with certain amount of luck and / or playing with some good team.

In my opinion PSR system helps us get general vision about player's skill just by checking his points.It doesnt mean he must be pro, but in most of the cases high PSR players are good.

I hope this helps .
Dota - Pick me 0:51  SF :)
Dota - Symphony of skills 4:23 SF :D
Dota - Light the torch 2:12  SF :D
Dota - Keep ownage 0:25-1:25 Naix :D
WoDotA 8)

Offline abloodywar

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 14:58 »
First of all you cant get, lets say 1900+ psr, if u are noob. Maybe we got different explanation for word ''noob'' .
Perhaps not, but you certainly don't have to be "pro", as long as you can play decent and don't feed and have a good team.
There are 280 000+ players and only 77 have over 1900, and having 1900+ certainly do not mean that you are among the 100 best players on playdota.
If you think a system that only works for 0.02% of the players is good, then, I don't even know what to say.

On the other hand if a guy joined my game with 1750 psr and 4/2 k/d ration i would have kicked him probably . Why ? Because he is 95% some farmer ( noob ) , who farms entire game and gives a damn about game itself.
I assume this is against the PSR system, seeing how his PSR is good, and his stats are not.

I also played on last season where we had totally different ranking system . PSR system was a big step ahead in improving this community . ''Pro'' games from last system are 5 times worse than ''pro'' games with psr system and lets say 1800+ players in it.
I don't agree completely and I don't say the last system is any good either. But still, you can't just have a system to cater to the cream of the crop (only 0.2 percent/500 players are over 1800).

In my opinion PSR system helps us get general vision about player's skill just by checking his points.It doesnt mean he must be pro, but in most of the cases high PSR players are good.
It's mostly stack in very high PSR games, so you may be disconnected from the rest 99% of the players who does not share your feelings.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2011, 15:01 »
I agree with this. If you see a guy with 1000 psr he is noob for sure, no bad luck or team of leavers, this can't happen ~20 games in row...
General vision, that is what PSR says

Signature by Rocka

Offline NiGhT^^StAlKeR

• Safelist Administator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Geh.TT. / Rockasaurus / Nox.Interfector
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Rubick Tournament Winner Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] Mirana 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Path of the King Tour 1. Place Award [LEGENDARY] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] Tiny Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 15:04 »
Maybe im not the right person to talk about 1500-1600 games, but my point was that PSR brought better games here atleast in so called ''pro'' games . If you play Apem 1500+ you cant expect decent skill anyway.
Dota - Pick me 0:51  SF :)
Dota - Symphony of skills 4:23 SF :D
Dota - Light the torch 2:12  SF :D
Dota - Keep ownage 0:25-1:25 Naix :D
WoDotA 8)

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Enjoyjoy your life
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2011, 15:09 »
agree PSR maybe not perfect but what is...
you all dream of 100% perfect and clear system that can count all stuff and show skill
its like communism, nice idea but never can work, and we got democracy...as Churchill said: "Its the worst political model that we got, but no1 create better"
and imo game skill or any skill of art cant be compute or shown in data so you can say how the player plays in some situation like pub, EM mode in team, alone but not whole system... so PRS is imo best system that we got bu no1 created better...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 15:34 by joyjoy »

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2011, 15:20 »
I suggested making psr more accurate and including more things ... but got no reply unfortunetly. But there will be something new in pd which most people will like.

For now its all secret.

Offline abloodywar

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2011, 15:22 »
I suggested making psr more accurate and including more things ... but got no reply unfortunetly. But there will be something new in pd which most people will like.

For now its all secret.
If it's so good why's it a secret?  ???

Offline dRagoLjuB

• dRagoLjuB
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Nowhere and Everywhere
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2011, 15:28 »
If they change the system back everyone would only farm to get better kills and ck denys

Btw i had 1420 psr but i think i m not thg big noob...

Offline Kalu

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2011, 16:51 »
To D.L.N: I don't actually consider myself as a pro. I don't want to start this lame discussion about differences between pros and noobs/amateurs (and amateur & noob cannot be rly found as the same). Having two jungle is also a good strategy, but it also depends on your and your enemies picks. Haven't been playing DotA actively for a while so not on the edge of all strategies, sorry for that. And I'm not offended about your message, so don't you get me wrong too.

To 德拉戈柳: Ehh... You seem to just spread your hatred on me :D To the topic: I expressed my opinion, there is many private rooms in RGC which offer decent games and even on the public channel it's more usual to get trilanes than here in PD.EU. If you say it's 50/50, get some proofs for your point please, don't just throw some numbers with no serious base. You seem to be so PD.EU -sentric that you can't realize there actually are much better systems running like Dota-GC (no offend to PD.EU, you're doing a great job!). But you can't really compare pubgames and inhouse can you? No you can't so, you sir, missed my point. So how about keeping your arrogant opinions as they are and not forcing them to others. I see that you have a reasonable amount of posts, but it really doesn't make you any better DotA player neither you're the King of the PD.EU board.

And don't you dare to think again I'm trolling.

Offline dRagoLjuB

• dRagoLjuB
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Nowhere and Everywhere
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2011, 16:58 »
No i dont hate u thats only the truth
Some months ago 95% of games were cm bcs it was default mode and now its 5% bcs ap is default
And when i played cm there they did what they want (no wards chick etc ... And than they called me noob bcs i didnt pick obly carrys ... )
i flame always every game (@ rgc) and i was never banned ( i flame )
They got no rules , the only thing what garena and rgc havent together is that rgc has host bots and garena not ...

Offline Novak.Djokovic

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2011, 17:45 »
Also, TPS > PSR
http://tuffhund.se/psr.php

TPS is also not so good system.

accoring to ur sistem im best player in pd.eu, which im not,... suprisingly  ;D

if you want to see players skills only but only watch his assists and denies. kills and deaths dont matter. if you have high kills it might means u r stealer (dagon, worst case) but again if you have high deaths you are maybe always tank so k/d doesnt matter.

and +1 angry player, i'd say the best topic on pd.eu, not raging, excellent explained and we all understand you. some are with u, some against but i started rly likeing you. gj once again!