Author Topic: Anti-!gopub flood bot update  (Read 2524 times)

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Anti-!gopub flood bot update
« on: March 28, 2010, 04:50 »
You all must have seen a situation with a lot of players in the channel and the flood contest in who's going to create the next game because there's no host bots, since it's came to a point where like 10 lines of !gopub per second is flooding the channel because more and more people play here i implemented a queue like system on the bot.

How does it work?
When there is 9/9 (5/5 for rpgbot) games in lobby and you type !gopub (or .gopub) in the channel bot remembers your command, game name and map and you are placed in a queue which is sorted by the time when you did !gopub.
When one of the host bots becomes free to host again it will auto host the game of the first player in the queue (first player that did !gopub).
This eliminates most of the flooding caused by !gopub as you only need to write it once and is more fair in rush hour for the bot when everyone wants to host. You can also whisper the bot for even more flood.

Note that you can queue the game via !gopub only while you are in channel. If you leave the channel your game will be removed from the queue.

Additional changes:
Changed bot_lobbytimelimit option from bot_lobbytimelimit = 60 seconds to bot_lobbytimelimit = 30 seconds meaning you now got 30 seconds to join a game you hosted before it auto unhost itself.

If you notice any bugs please report em in the feedback section.

EDIT 1:

New commands (this commands only make sense when there are 9/9 games in lobby):
!queue [number] - show information about the queue, optionally add number to check details for game in queue
!unqueue - removes your game from the queue

Position in queue:
Admins have greater priority in queue when trying to host the game, meaning when there is already a number of games in the queue waiting to be hosted and admin types !gopub his game will automatically get to the beginning of the queue instead on the end like for normal users.

Games in the queue are sorted first by your position (admin or not) then by the time when you did !gopub.

People that donated (http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php?topic=2.0) will also have grater priority then normal users in the future.

Additional changes:
Bot !where command now shows some more information.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 16:16 by MyUberNick »

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Anti-!gopub flood bot update
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 13:37 »
[14:33:04] <TheForce> .gopriv test
 [14:33:04] <From rpgBOT> Your game has been queued on position #1
 [14:33:10] <TheForce> .queue
 [14:33:11] <From rpgBOT> There are 7 games in the queue, your game is on position #1.
 [14:33:11] <From rpgBOT> Deleted game from queue for user [TheForce].
I didn't use .unqueue and still, my game was deleted from the queue.
Is this a bug?
Note: I used rpgBOT, because playdota.eu is offline.

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 17:22 »
Yeah its bugged I'm going to fix it today.

EDIT: It should be fixed now.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 03:16 by MyUberNick »

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 15:24 »
I've seen many times that someone creates game, joins and went afk.
In that case game isnt auto unhosted.
I'd typed !lobby 1 and there was 1/10 players and time in lobby about 15mins.

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 16:04 »
Yes that's true game isn't auto unhosted if owner is in lobby, if someone wastes lobby by going afk and not rehosting the game you should report that to the admins so they can unhost that game.

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 20:58 »
When game of a normal user (not banned, not admin) is queued, bot says "Your game has been queued on position #1", but the game is not first, it is last.
Does this have to be like this?

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 22:28 »
When game of a normal user (not banned, not admin) is queued, bot says "Your game has been queued on position #1", but the game is not first, it is last.
Does this have to be like this?

It says #1 because you are an admin, admins automatically get pushed to the front of the queue.
If there is another admin in the queue than you two are sorted by the time when you did !gopub, in the future contributors will also have this privilege.

Queue is sorted each time when someone types !gopub, first by access level (admin or not currently, there will be more access levels later for contributors) then by the time when you did !gopub.

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 12:26 »
I like this feature. It's fair,effective and bugless. Channel is free from us spammers once more. Gj admin team.
Quote from: ArmyMaN^E^
in that game no mh man becaus all games in start i type -ah

Offline hunter^^^666

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 14:49 »
yes good job it will stop spaming the bot