Author Topic: What if pro joins noob game... ban?  (Read 6627 times)

Offline DoomKnight

• Retired Moderator
  • Pro Member
  • Who Cares?!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What if pro joins noob game... ban?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 16:02 »
no dont ban pro in noob game sometimes there not pros there just average players that own noob games since there all noobs in there except for one

Offline girlpower

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 13:15 »
if u play only against noobs u will turn out to play like a noob all the time.to learn u must play with better players.sure u lose several games but in time you learn from them.i have 6 months of eurobattle.i've started playing dota a year ago.i'm a student and i stay in a campus where are some players so good that when they formed a team ended up on the podium in romania so i've learned from the best.this is what everyone should do

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2010, 14:49 »
if u play only against noobs u will turn out to play like a noob all the time.to learn u must play with better players.sure u lose several games but in time you learn from them.i have 6 months of eurobattle.i've started playing dota a year ago.i'm a student and i stay in a campus where are some players so good that when they formed a team ended up on the podium in romania so i've learned from the best.this is what everyone should do
So if someone just heard of DotA, he should join a pro game?

Offline girlpower

• View Profile
    • Awards
:)
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2010, 15:19 »
no.the ones who want to learn.what dota player wants to stay noob for ever?

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2010, 19:35 »
Ok i am total newcomer. Hell yes lets join the pro game so I can learn!! Scenario is simple - the noob will feed and probably leaves (if he is the one with little patience) or gets votekicked - and banned. Perfect start on his journey - it will surely move him out of his noobishness.

No let the new players play noob games. And please do not judge harshly - person who would be totaly lost in pro game can own noob game - he just has to be little bit better and get feed. Especialy in em - he gets 2 kills and he is virtualy unbeatable in lane fight.
Quote from: ArmyMaN^E^
in that game no mh man becaus all games in start i type -ah

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2010, 22:37 »
Long time a go when i was newcomer I played a bit. After a while I started to pwn in noob games. It happend more often so i realize that I can join pro games.
Beginning in pro was tough. I didnt pwn at all. I had problems to avoid to be ganked and in many other noobish things.
It takes some time to start to be a solid player, but you cant start from pro games!

1st step is: knowlage of most heros abilities.
2nd step is: knowlage about spots on the map and how may be used by particular heroes (pudge, techies, clockwerk...)

after that steps you are above noobs who dont know that things, but you still need to learn a lot... combos, lasthiting, denying and many, many others.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 22:42 by Resor »

Offline reisor.ee

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 23:06 »
In partidilla days stats abuse was considered ban worthy and imho that's exactly what a pro player in nubgames is.

Offline 7th.SkY

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2010, 15:40 »
I think newbies should play noob games to learn hero spells, item making, fights, movement etc.. But for pro games something much, much, much more is needed and that is understanding of the game. Mentioned above are the very basics of DotA.

Not once has happened that some all-knowing noobish player makes 9-1 score who doesn't know when and where to push, when to defend, when to gank woods, goes shopping right after all the opposing heroes died in the fight, when to go for roshan, and so on. Instead just hunting kills all over the map and feeling pro about his stats.

I don't know anything about coding (looking at the discussion in posts above), there can be also "rules" about game names. For an example pro games must be named with "pro" or "expert" as the part of the game name, without things like "pr0", "eXpertZzZ" and stuff...

Now related to the statement above I think that not everyone should be allowed to host games using playdota.eu bot, instead, host should agree with the "rules of hosting" by passing the test or by agreeing to these rules that will educate them how  to keep games balanced and give them proper knowledge about commands. I have had times when host didn't know how to change sync limit. There were times when, in the early game, player starts lagging, and host changes sync and pwns him while he's unable to move. Games starting with players pinged above 150 and so on. There are also times when game title is "pro" and the guy in opposing team of the host has !sd in 3 games average 3-12, we're screaming to have him kicked, instead without asking "ready?" or anything host starts the game. This is pure abusing and intentional game ruining! Let's change this.

I am killing with my long, booooring posts, but please, spare some time. Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 15:53 by 7th.SkY »

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2010, 16:20 »
I think newbies should play noob games to learn hero spells, item making, fights, movement etc.. But for pro games something much, much, much more is needed and that is understanding of the game. Mentioned above are the very basics of DotA.

Not once has happened that some all-knowing noobish player makes 9-1 score who doesn't know when and where to push, when to defend, when to gank woods, goes shopping right after all the opposing heroes died in the fight, when to go for roshan, and so on. Instead just hunting kills all over the map and feeling pro about his stats.

I don't know anything about coding (looking at the discussion in posts above), there can be also "rules" about game names. For an example pro games must be named with "pro" or "expert" as the part of the game name, without things like "pr0", "eXpertZzZ" and stuff...

Now related to the statement above I think that not everyone should be allowed to host games using playdota.eu bot, instead, host should agree with the "rules of hosting" by passing the test or by agreeing to these rules that will educate them how  to keep games balanced and give them proper knowledge about commands. I have had times when host didn't know how to change sync limit. There were times when, in the early game, player starts lagging, and host changes sync and pwns him while he's unable to move. Games starting with players pinged above 150 and so on. There are also times when game title is "pro" and the guy in opposing team of the host has !sd in 3 games average 3-12, we're screaming to have him kicked, instead without asking "ready?" or anything host starts the game. This is pure abusing and intentional game ruining! Let's change this.

I am killing with my long, booooring posts, but please, spare some time. Thank you.

Allow only some users to host? Well, playdota.eu is a public bot, but the idea is good.
Null for now.

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2010, 17:13 »
The hosts are abusing pretty much its truth. However letting only few pple host would kill the idea of public host,or put mods under great pressure (everyone would send pleas for hosting rights)
Quote from: ArmyMaN^E^
in that game no mh man becaus all games in start i type -ah

Offline 7th.SkY

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2010, 19:35 »
Well, yea... That's what I meant, everyone would be allowed to host but he needs to know certain rules first (pass the test or something, I'm sure there wouldn't be more than 50 applications/day for hosting). That way it would be much better I think.

It's just a suggestion anyway, we all want playdota.eu to be even better than it is right now.

Cheers.

Offline ergorg

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2010, 04:43 »
So check this game:
http://stats.playdota.eu/?p=gameinfo&gid=11178

It's about 4:30 am now, and wanna play, only 1 noob game, so join for check, and what see? 5 pros in scourge gettin farmed on noobs. I don't think so, it's learnin for noobs ;P

dolmel

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 10:43 »
So check this game:
http://stats.playdota.eu/?p=gameinfo&gid=11178

It's about 4:30 am now, and wanna play, only 1 noob game, so join for check, and what see? 5 pros in scourge gettin farmed on noobs. I don't think so, it's learnin for noobs ;P

next time Luna won't buy vladimir fo sho ;d

Offline a.l.i.e.n

• Pro Member
  • Death is not the end
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2010, 19:31 »
dolmel1 got dc when host type -ah  ::)

dolmel

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2010, 22:35 »