Author Topic: What if pro joins noob game... ban?  (Read 6702 times)

Offline FatalityMk

• Be Quick, Time Is Mana...
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What if pro joins noob game... ban?
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2010, 12:36 »
Report him. Explain why he was noob. I reported mega noobs in my team only when I lost game. They got usualy 5 days.  ;D
Before you answer, read that one more time man.

Pros in noob games and noobs in pro games... how to decide whos noob and who is pro. I think its like talking about existing god or how big is universe. Neverending story.
Thats a simple point of view.
hmm... u are right and u are wrong :D god does exist xD but look at it this way, noob game is for noobs, pro game is for pros, noobs arent alowed in pro games and pros should not be alowed in noob games...just like we ban players for being noobs they should too ban pro players for playing their game...this way pros will learn not to go to those games and often they stat abuse :) so i think they have full right to report and to ban pro players that join noob games...and the penalty should be twice as long as before :)

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2010, 17:25 »
Ye but there's players who finish every noob game with score ~23-2 and still consider themselfs as a noobs. And in he other hand we have MEGA PROS who feeds whole game, don't know anything about denying or last hitting, teamwork, abilities of his hero - and don't you even DARE to call them NOOBS...
That's what I ment when I said it's like "god exist talk".

P.S. God doesnt exist for me.

Offline Quon

• Hand of The King
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • garekds9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2010, 01:41 »
There are few type of "pro" and "noob" players.

1. "Public games pro" players are ppl who think if they know to play like half of heroes they r pro with less then a year of xp.

2. On dota league u can see what "pro" means. U get reported as noob if u dont want to buy curier, not buying wards/dusts and creeping with support heroes.

3. gosu players

I remembered my 1st moments when I started to play dotA. I firstly practiced with bots to learn heroes and when I have learned 70% heroes I started to join noob games. Those games were usually joining public pro players (type 1) and they were powning  always ofc and still they were noobish for real pro games as they were saying. I though they were lying then....

Offline rocknrolla

• Pro Member
  • Awards Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2010, 12:09 »
There are few type of "pro" and "noob" players.

1. "Public games pro" players are ppl who think if they know to play like half of heroes they r pro with less then a year of xp.

2. On dota league u can see what "pro" means. U get reported as noob if u dont want to buy curier, not buying wards/dusts and creeping with support heroes.

3. gosu players

I remembered my 1st moments when I started to play dotA. I firstly practiced with bots to learn heroes and when I have learned 70% heroes I started to join noob games. Those games were usually joining public pro players (type 1) and they were powning  always ofc and still they were noobish for real pro games as they were saying. I though they were lying then....

4. Me  ;D

Offline Dark_Servant

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 12:35 »
No, it's not able. First of all because someone could avoid it with "pr0" (It's a cero), Prof, pr0f, expertz etc etc. There are too much variables to avoid "Pro" or "Expert".

Too much variables but they all have in common "pro" or "expert", and by doing this you could check it more easily.
If someone, however, wants to host pr0 or 3xp3rt then let him be.. But I sincerely doubt it.

Offline _serdel

• _serdel@eurobattle.net
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2010, 12:38 »
Player could host noob game and in the last second change it to pro for more points.
Player could host game and change it to some generic name so that his friend could join.

There could be a comand like !gopub pro game_name, so ghost automatically ads pro to each game rehost, and game is considered pro in stats.

Offline 605FORTE

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2010, 21:08 »
well this is a long theme of discussion, i talked with myubernick in channel and has he said there s not much he can do.

Ther's this problem.  i play this game for 3/4 months. and ofc i m clearly a nub. but a nub who already played with all heroes, who reads some guides and who seeks to improve with everygame. being so. i m a nub who can use hero skills to kill and clever enough to avoid dying everytime... this makes me get a score where i have more kills then deaths... around 7 kills average and maybe 5 death average...

the FUNNY thing is that i've seen myself kicked millions of times from nub games lobbyies!!! because hosts say's  i m a  pro ^^. i have  a shitty score, and it was made in nub rooms. so give me a brake pls. i m not in the mood to host everytime i want to play.

i never kick players from lobby when i host. i  tell that is noob game and start... and if there is any clever guy rying to farm. i ll check they r games played during the game and i warn  themn in game "man sry but i ll have to report u in forum, u can t farm us anymore" ... that s where u see if a player is pro or not, if he own s u all and have only pro games played. and that  s how i got some banned already and still willl...

i think it could be a host mode where u hostes as a noob game (or pro) and if it was noob game u would receiv less points and your kills would count less... afaik it concerns to me. noob should play to learn not to be in ladder. so i don t care bout stats. i enter  a nub game.