Author Topic: Chen [Holy Knight] Item build  (Read 9440 times)

nermiee

Re: Chen [Holy Knight] Item build
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 13:44 »
I enjoyed playing Chen before, but nowadays i m sick of that hero, im sick when he play vs me, sick when he play with me...

But in good hands Chen can bring his team to instant win... Once ago, i used to play with him with just 2 mobs, and to make good supporting items, like hex, orchid...
And he pwns than.. :P

Offline Alucardo

• Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • justice is over all
  • Awards Hacks staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 14:07 »
the last time i played chen was from loong time ago and i got more than 10 kills i was pretty feeded .. anyway i tell u how it was and what i did

i was mid chen vs lina .. u know b/c i love to be justice i -random at ap mode .. got chen bought that nails tulsman or idk what its called and courier .. farmed and farmed ..at about 5 minutes i made dagon

WOOOOOWWW u fucking noob u buy dagon before anything and on chen? what a noob the_justice =))

anyway once i got that dagon (lina full hp) i simply used first skill then second skill then dagon (lina died) went up killed same tactics and got feeded and made dagon to its ultimate lvl =) personally i was using chen as a nuker not as support and about the convert creeps thing .. i dont use it at fights i use it to spy on map and finding runes .. simply i use chen as nerub

omg thx for the laugh, you enlighted my day  ;D ;D ;D
oww np my dear :D

and about scepter it should be more imba on chen and axe ... i mean making cd from 120 to 30? does it rly matter? same to axe

in my opinion scepter of chen should also allow him to increase his healing (200 300 400) to (300 400 500)

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Enjoyjoy your life
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 14:11 »
Ok thanks , this kind of discussions help more then 1 tutorial ..

@joyjoy that tutorial  is from 2009 .

it doesnt matter cause maybe item build changed a bit cause of new items but the playstyle and skill build is same  ;) just one look on it and I discuss too but added this as more info you dont have to follow it  ofc

Offline chelom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 22:31 »
go jungle, take a cent or a furblog and try to gank a lane or keep farming till you are lvl 5 and can take 2 creeps. If u find 2 cents or a cent and a troll you will have the better creeps u can persuade early game. net then stun. or scale the stuns for a total of 4 seconds.  There are 2 skill build for jungle chen.

1 build          2 build
persuation-- persuation
penitence-- test of faith
penitence-- test of faith
persuation-- persuation
persuation-- persuation
hand of god-- hand of god
persuation-- persuation

U can take at lvl 3 persuation and at lvl 4 the other skill if u like. especially if u are going to persuade a creep for the extra health and u dont plan to gank any time soon. Or simply because u like persuation more. The first is the standar, the slow and damage amplify is good. The second is the nuker u will have one of the best nukes in the game (in some cases the strongest deal pure damage) but it consume a lot of mana.

creeps u might want to "hire" or persuade:
centaur
troll
furblog (dunno if this is how u write it. The gray one with clap)
The yellow satyr with shockwave
The satyr with mana burn (not so good for ganks but it can be very usefull for cleanning mana)
The blue bird with chain (very strong spell with high damage and low coldownd, u probably will be able to chain 2 times in a gank for 140 damage each chain)
And for lategame the wolf of damage aura and the kobold of movment speed.
But in any case the best combination is 3 centaurs or 2 centaurs and a troll, 6 second disable in total.

U also should be familiarize with the skill hotkeys on the neutral creeps.
centaut: t to use stun
furblog: c to use clap
blue bird: c for chain lighting
yellow satyr: w for shockwave
troll: e for esnare (dunno if this correct, but i think it used the same hotkey as raiders esnare in warcraftIII ladder)
satyr: i believe is r for mana burn not sure

Put chen and the creeps in group 1. Then change selection with tab key. Remember the position of the creeps cause sometimes theyre stupid, like cent is before troll. And u will use net before stun most of the times.

Item build.
Start with chicken, 2branches, 2clarities,set tango, a salve. U can use salve on an important creep like cent early game, use it yourself, or on an ally after a gank. Then go for arcane boots to refill both your and your creeps mana very important if u want to be an active ganker. then headress of rejuvenation. U can turn it into a meka or a pipe. Go for meka if u are not sure cause heal is always usefull and also +2 armor is nothing to laugh. Then if u still have gold u can go for pipe/meka, guinsoo, shivas, the endurace item aura, or why not agha or any high item. U can also go for necronomicon but having 1 extra active ability can complicate the things even if u have high apm. Personally im never sucesfull with this item but if u think your micro is godly u can give it a try for sure.

For playing chen u need to being active watching the minimap for ulti in case and ally will need it. But use it wisely if your ally is going to die anyways is probably better to save it. U can also heal your creeps after a push on a tower or during a push. This might not be the better choices but sometimes having the creeps is esential for a sucesfull push. I fell in love with this hero especially cause maelk strong chen. If u want to see a pro player using chen effectively try watching some maelks replays, personally i havent seen a bad game from him using chen, regarless he lost or not.

Counter to chen:
i believe adding this is very important cause chen semms really underpower against some heroes.

Enchantress: enchant ability, is in fact the most played counter to chen in competitive games. convert a converted creep that was converted with the convert skill. joking xD
Bone fletcher: Death pact ability, destroy a creep and heal him with low coldown but high mana cost.
enigma: not so much early game but watch out late game with high lvl convertion
Es: not a direct counter but creeps add damage to echo stun so its something to consider especially cause chen is an int, but its a little up in the average hp for int so thats a plus.
thanks to Online HotBarbecuesBack for info:
Also doom devour skill at high level, can destroy your creep and take the ability.
Naix infest ability will destroy a creep and heal naix.
Helm Of domination: any hero can take control of your own creeps.
Hand of midas: turn your creeps into gold for the other team. 

Also some information u might want to know.

troll esnare can efficiently disable  jugg bladestorm ability, remember esnare is physical not magical. But u cant esnare decrepfyed heroes for that same reason.
The tornado from the creep that give armor aura dont stack, so having 2 tornadoes is the same as having 1.
Centaur can just stun 2 times while furblog can clap 3 times. (if u dont have arcane this is important)
hand of god can heal magic inmune units, just like enchantress wisps.
u can persuade ilussions. Same with enchantress enchat. They will still have the summon timer.
being decripfyed doesnt increase the heal amount of hand of god as u might think.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 05:04 by chelom »

thanks to Lancerlove for signature

Offline basshunterDOTA

• gayhunter :))
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2011, 07:26 »
standard combination, without brain : no gank, only wood farm, item build mekansm, dagon lvl5,tp boots,hex, curiass, heart.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 07:29 by basshunterDOTA »
I SAW ANYTHING HERE , KIDS WITH POKEMAN AND DIGIMAN , OR DRAGONBALL AND NATURO CARTOON SHITS, BUT A TOPLESS GUY XDDDDDD + THE FAG BASSHUNTER AS NAME
MARVOLOUS
U ARE MARVOLOUS
xD LOL

Offline Alucardo

• Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • justice is over all
  • Awards Hacks staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 13:18 »
standard combination, without brain : no gank, only wood farm, item build mekansm, dagon lvl5,tp boots,hex, curiass, heart.

the noob of the year

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Enjoyjoy your life
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2011, 13:50 »

the noob of the year

indeed so pubish and noobish :D there are better things then dagon - this item fits only only few heroes and just if its farmed before 20 min then its quite weak and useless and upgrade isnt worthy of it....
and yea you in woods but very good chen ganks from wood to line with his creeps to surprise enemies and he got power to kill with mates imo every jungler dont have to settle in the jungle for whole time if possibility go gank if you play enigma or enchatress jungling they dont count with you and your skills are deadly to them

Offline HotBarbecuesBack

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 14:07 »
chelom thx for the infos.

You can add also Doom, Naix and Hand of Midas as Chen counters, for the ability to destroy creeps instantly.

Did you try to persuade a Kobold with speed aura, + buy Django? It could be nice for flash gangs.

Offline lubomir1991

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2011, 14:59 »
Comment: Your key to solo kills, as well as helping your team out in ganks. 28% increased damage is no joke, and when a whole team is beating down on a target, even tanks will go down in a matter of seconds. The 32% MS reduction makes escape close to impossible if the enemy has no escape mechanism - more so if you can micro properly. This skill is essential for a ganking Chen. NOTES: >The slow is removed by Purge but the target would still receive reflective essay . >This is blocked by Linken's Sphere. >Penitence deals Normal damage which is reduced by the target's Armor and is blocked by Stout Shield, Vanguard and Kraken Shell. >Does not affect units with Spell Immunity.

Offline HotBarbecuesBack

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2011, 15:38 »
Nice copy/paste skills, thx Lubomir  :-*

Offline basshunterDOTA

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2011, 16:03 »

the noob of the year

indeed so pubish and noobish :D there are better things then dagon - this item fits only only few heroes and just if its farmed before 20 min then its quite weak and useless and upgrade isnt worthy of it....
and yea you in woods but very good chen ganks from wood to line with his creeps to surprise enemies and he got power to kill with mates imo every jungler dont have to settle in the jungle for whole time if possibility go gank if you play enigma or enchatress jungling they dont count with you and your skills are deadly to them
nice, i didnt know that

its same like i ask u how u can say invoker is a ganker? that is not posible
http://www.dotalicious-gaming.com/index.php?action=dota;area=game&game=258727
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 16:06 by basshunterDOTA »
I SAW ANYTHING HERE , KIDS WITH POKEMAN AND DIGIMAN , OR DRAGONBALL AND NATURO CARTOON SHITS, BUT A TOPLESS GUY XDDDDDD + THE FAG BASSHUNTER AS NAME
MARVOLOUS
U ARE MARVOLOUS
xD LOL

Offline HotBarbecuesBack

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2011, 16:33 »
bassHUNTER : there's only 1 ganker hero in dota. It's GONDOR AND BLODSEAKER. Other are tanks and carry and semi carry and support and semi tank-support, or 1/3tank1/3carry1/3support.

Offline basshunterDOTA

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2011, 17:01 »
ok, i wont ever again post here anything of strategy in dota or something else.
enjoy in learing
MARVOLOUS
U ARE MARVOLOUS
xD LOL

Offline HotBarbecuesBack

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2011, 17:26 »
ok, i wont ever again post here anything of strategy in dota or something else.
enjoy in learing

oh snap  :-[

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2011, 17:45 »

the noob of the year

bought dagon on sandy king when i had 10 kills in 20 mins. IU use ulti ki 1 ,2 and finish 3rd hero with dagon. Easy pay off.