Author Topic: Flame rule change suggestion  (Read 7921 times)

Offline Sphinix

• Retired Moderator
  • Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Flame rule change suggestion
« on: July 22, 2011, 20:55 »
Currently it is this:

RULE            BAN
                   1st time      2nd time         3rd time            4th time
Flaming      2 days        5 days            2 weeks            Permanently

I suggest this:

RULE            BAN
                           1st time       2nd time          3rd time            4th time
Hard flaming      7 days         10 days           20 weeks            Permanently
Flaming               2 hours        3 hours           12 hours           1 day
Whispering flames after you are ignored :           10 days

Flaming: Noob, Retard, Idiot, Moron
Hard flame: mentioning mother, family members, god etc......

On this site it is really allowed too much. Too much flaming, too much whining, too much hatred, too many bad things.

I played few games on dotalicious and I never had this problem. There is everyone or at least 99% of the players friendly. Everyone shares curier, no flaming etc..... This site could/should learn from that one. For exsample rules (check them out if you have time):
http://www.dotalicious-gaming.com/index.php/topic,2393.0.html

Note:
Since this site has problem with too many games played banning rotten apples is not going to harm. It will only make this place friendlier.

It is apsurd that person who leaves (goes afk. Would you stay and listen who someone is telling you what he did to your mother and sister constantly?) because of hard flamer is banned for more or less the same time as flamer. (who could get away with it because some requests are simply locked and ignored).

Flaming is tolerated too much here. This site looks more like some adult site and should have warning: DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT OLDER THAN 18 YEARS!!!

Offline Rocka

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • bewar doge
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 2nd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Legion TD Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Castle Fight Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Flame rule change suggestion
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 20:57 »
Well I mostly agree with you but seriously, noob, idiot, retard & moron is flaming to you?
I see trees of wow
such roses too
wow very amaze
for doge and you

20:24    THELOVEBELOW    [All]    everytime you kill es you save a unicorn
20:30    jeandarc    [Allies]    an*
20:33    jeandarc    [Allies]    learn english

Offline Alucardo

• Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • justice is over all
  • Awards Hacks staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 21:10 »
well ur suggestion has pros and cons .. i will say the cons since u said the pros

1-u will c in the next day the ban section full of reports .. and seriesly 2 or 3 hours wont rly punish him and he rly wont care about it .. it will increase the reports than its now already and more work to mods
2-this will release more hatred in ppl's hearts vs each other .. someone noob can like say some stupid things and ur rly mad and want to express ur feelings but u cant since ITS bannable to call a noob idiot or retard or something and it could even make flamings and game ruinings more ... i think this probably will happen

(REPORT ME RETARD IDIOT ur just fucking noob and fag GO ULTI XXX WHY DIDNT USE XXX fuck u and fuck this team) and the other dont listen to him while he is actually the game ruiner .. eventually the one who said between brackets is the one who got banned

Offline End

• Outlander
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • From above
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 21:12 »
I disagree. Everybody sometimes says "idiot, retard" and that isn't flame and it shouldn't be.

F    R    O    M         A    B    O    V    E

Offline Alucardo

• Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • justice is over all
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 21:14 »
I disagree. Everybody sometimes says "idiot, retard" and that isn't flame and it shouldn't be.
man i dont say it isnt flame or anything .. but u r playing for fun and everytime u must c someone saying idiot and retard and stuff why?

Offline End

• Outlander
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • From above
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 21:20 »
man i dont say it isnt flame or anything .. but u r playing for fun and everytime u must c someone saying idiot and retard and stuff why?

I don't care what are they saying, I just ignore them :D

And sometimes I say those stuff too when I'm angry, and I don't think it should be tolerated as flame.

F    R    O    M         A    B    O    V    E

Offline Alucardo

• Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • justice is over all
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 21:23 »

I don't care what are they saying, I just ignore them :D

And sometimes I say those stuff too when I'm angry, and I don't think it should be tolerated as flame.

YEAH ignore command the most used solution when someone is trolling u at game .. every game (almost EVERY EVERY GAME)1 player in team is ignored or opposite and it will just lead to no team work and to no communication between the team and they could win ..but too bad 2 ppl fight and it lead to their lost. . and yeah whenever im angry i will flame the whole world

Offline marcelcamataru

• Advanced Member
  • Cel mai adevarat pizdalau!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 21:29 »
ive been thinking about this also

i would be better if players would be baned for noob,retard,idiot because so, all of them we`ll be more civilized
you wouldnt see so dumb players around ..the kind o players that only swear all the game

+.with this environment all new players will become like the ones mentioned above..and thats not a good thing for real life
i personally started using words like tard and nab in real life and i dont like this

why dota players cant be polite to each other and show some respect?

i want a good reply

Offline Sphinix

• Retired Moderator
  • Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 22:10 »
Well I mostly agree with you but seriously, noob, idiot, retard & moron is flaming to you?

Not when are used few times but when are constantly spammed yes.

Accordint to NiGhT^^StAlKeR( Ban & Unban Moderator) this is not a flame(wasnt talking to me):

19:53    arnax (Allies)    lancer idiot
24:32    arnax (Allies)    lancer idiot
24:49    arnax (All)    tard
25:07    arnax (All)    makes you pathetic also
26:49    arnax (Allies)    imba reaction team
30:54    arnax (Allies)    you suck team
31:34    arnax (Allies)    no fagtard
31:37    arnax (Allies)    so fuck off
34:02    arnax (All)    lame useless team
35:05    arnax (Allies)    dont talk idiot
35:25    arnax (Allies)    nope tard - learn to play in team (lol he had 1 assist in entire game)
36:59    arnax (All)    ok i will not enter - you idiots you ruined my farm - you should pwn everythong now - but you dont - you just wasted
37:57    arnax (Allies)    eat shit tard and dont talk - go google "teamplay"
38:07    arnax (Allies)    you played like total fags topwards me
38:59    arnax (Allies)    i was playing - YOU made me useless. thanks a lot fags

So you honestly say this is not flame??????

I am sharing this pc with my younger brother and I really dont want him to read profanity that is allowed on this site. Dotalicious is proof that it is possible to have normal enviroment.

Nothing incites crime more than not punishing it!

This is only getting worse and worse. Exsample above shows you that moderators tolerate more and more flaming and profanity.

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 22:39 »
Where have u seen on this FORUM flame? Show me where? In game is something different and if you cant handle that someone calls u idiot AND if your not capable to write !ignore nickname then you should go and play on that famous wannabe platform your writing about.

Also do not advertise platforms here cause this is not advertising site. The rules like they are now will be changed in some better way but that "flame" rule will not be changed for now and those words will never be considerd as flame, you want to know why check this:

http://eurobattle.net/showthread.php?t=94183

- By heavy insults, we mostly refer to racism, religion / nation related insults, continuous insults regarding families and any other similar to it. Words like 'noob', 'idiot', 'retard' should be out of question.

So why would be ban for something that is not consider as flame on www.eurobattle.net and our bot is connected on that server.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 22:41 by mrNiceguy »
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Melissa

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 22:52 »

whisper has nothing to do with playdota.eu , if someone whispers you than you have to report him at ebnet

and someone toldme that you get there permaban for trash talking
i was lajk lulz

Offline Dell.Lanceus

• Advanced Member
  • Fought 1v1 with life, and I won.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 23:43 »

whisper has nothing to do with playdota.eu , if someone whispers you than you have to report him at ebnet

and someone toldme that you get there permaban for trash talking
i was lajk lulz

In english, a common thing to say when ur mad is "Noob".
In some languages, common thing to say is "Je*em ti mater" or translated: "I f*ck ur mother"

However, since here we obviously only respect english slang language traditions, mentioning some stuff in other language, even if it is only to ur friends, is highly bannable these days from my experience... Nowadays u cant even argue with a friend, cuz someone else reports u that u argued with a friend and u get banned... Huh, nevermind, ill just go play my next game, !ignore everyone and seperate myself from any chance of getting a ban :D
It's noone's fault but my own, It's the path I've chosen to go...

Offline Sphinix

• Retired Moderator
  • Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 23:46 »
Where have u seen on this FORUM flame? Show me where? In game is something different and if you cant handle that someone calls u idiot AND if your not capable to write !ignore nickname then you should go and play on that famous wannabe platform your writing about.

Also do not advertise platforms here cause this is not advertising site. The rules like they are now will be changed in some better way but that "flame" rule will not be changed for now and those words will never be considerd as flame, you want to know why check this:

http://eurobattle.net/showthread.php?t=94183

- By heavy insults, we mostly refer to racism, religion / nation related insults, continuous insults regarding families and any other similar to it. Words like 'noob', 'idiot', 'retard' should be out of question.

So why would be ban for something that is not consider as flame on www.eurobattle.net and our bot is connected on that server.

Ultimate response from admins when they dont like what is beeing said:
Go play garena/Go away play there.....Really strong argument. Bravo. We are not out there to get you  ;D
We (posters/or at least I am) just make observation how to improve site.

Fact is there is to much profanity tolerated.

I wasnt advertising that site I was just using it as exsample how things dont have to be so full of profanity.

From eurobattle.net :"We will not tolerate insults of any kind, from any user. !"
Whene someone says 20 times

For arguments sake you are:

idiot
idiot
tard
makes you pathetic also
 you suck
fagtard
so fuck off
lame useless
dont talk idiot
tard
you idiot
eat shit tard and dont talk
like total fag
thanks a lot fag

You honestly tell me that If I wrote this to admin/moderator/owner I wouldnt be banned?

It these situations became normal:
player 1: all mid def
player 2: fuck off
player 2: ok?

not bannable....pih...

I wrote also
....I didnt know whisper got nothing to do with playdota.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 01:24 by Sphinix »

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2011, 14:10 »
Yes, I m sure and you know why? Cause I m community moderator there and I know what kind of flames/insults they are banning.

Someone can call u idiot 100 times in a row and if your to stupid to use !ignore than you r an idiot (i m speaking in global this is not directed to you), there is no other explanation, and if he is wisping you you have /squelch command.

About "ultimate respond", my respond was not that kind of respond, my post was answer on your "i am playing on teh best league, and they have read nice bear,naughty bear book there, and if someone say you (GOD FORBID) idiot there, they will ban him immediatly".

Even ppl who replyed you here before me told you what to do in those situations.

And in my country there is a phrase:
"If more than 2 ppl say that you r drunk you should lie down on the ground and act like you rly are even if you r not".

Cheers.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 14:28 by mrNiceguy »
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2011, 14:26 »
I kinda agree with Sphinix. When some1 calls me an idiot I get it and I can get over it. Maybe I did mistake or something so he calls me and idiot. But if he calls me idiot or retard 100 times it offends me, it is flame for me. I know I can ignore him but it can't change the fact that he did that and I feel offended. If some1 keep calling me like this it convinces me that he means it really seriously and that offends me coz I'm not retarded.

And I've got 1 question to Mods. This question isn't related to my opinion/statement, I'm not raging/crying, I just would like to know:
If someone keep calling you fu*king idiot/noob/retard is that bannable or can he get warn? Idiot/noob/retard isn't bannable but if he adds the word fu*king can he be at least warned?

Signature by Rocka