Author Topic: BLUE SCREEN NEED HELP  (Read 3848 times)

Offline DespoRutti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
BLUE SCREEN NEED HELP
« on: July 03, 2011, 07:59 »
Hello , I'm a daily user of PD.EU and play alot here . But I always get banned because Bot considers that I leave but I randomly get Blue Screens right after I finish loading the game in loadscreen . I'ts very annoying because I constantly have to make unban request and I'm afraid mods will stop unbanning me after a certain point .

The problem goes this way .... Host starts , I finish loading the game , music stops , then my cpu starts making weird noises , I stay 3-10 mins stuck like that and then blue screen appears (dumping physical memory) .

I reinstalled W3 but it still does the same thing  . I use windows seven and I use a laptop without battery (directly plugged with charger) . I've tried to make a search on google and searched in many sites but it looks like these guys are just trolling and think were all Computer Scientists with their so complicated "solutions" . Howhever I found something talking about voltage and overheating in some forums ... dunno if that would help figuring out whats up .

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME !!! I'M SICK OF THAT SITUATION

Offline Tieria

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: BLUE SCREEN NEED HELP
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 10:06 »
Well worst case scenario, re install your PC.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 14:10 »
Well reinstalling your PC (laptop) may not help coz you have problem with Physical Memory (RAM).
There is just something wrong/bad on your memory imo.

What is capacity of your RAM?

Try to play other game than W3. If you get blue screen again, you have probably bad memory.
In this case the best solution is to get new RAM.

Signature by Rocka

Offline bukka

• GFX Moderator
  • Retired Moderator
  • Pro Member
  • "Time is mana"
  • Awards GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Laboratories
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 14:16 »
Well reinstalling your PC (laptop) may not help coz you have problem with Physical Memory (RAM).
There is just something wrong/bad on your memory imo.

What is capacity of your RAM?

Try to play other game than W3. If you get blue screen again, you have probably bad memory.
In this case the best solution is to get new RAM.
I agree with this guy, but I don't think you need some good RAM memory for W3. Anyway check that maybe you have a really old laptop.

Melissa

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 14:17 »
this could help (at least it helped me), i had the same blue screen error ( with physical memory )

options/sound - change your sound to miles emulated 3d , or smth like that

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Enjoyjoy your life
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 14:21 »
this could help (at least it helped me), i had the same blue screen error ( with physical memory )

options/sound - change your sound to miles emulated 3d , or smth like that

yy it can be problem with some bad communication with hardware/software like drivers some settings, they are not comfortable for you hardware set, or for this game software or maybe re-installing then could help cause some nasty virus or error cause overusege of your memory or crashing
if it will continue maybe try to go to some service if needed and they can recognize if broken RAM but its imo last solution ;)

Offline DatFace

• Rorschach
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • ..see what im chweing iz a magic shroom
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 14:40 »
If its not technical problem (ram , gpu etc ...)
then try to close sounds before join a game
i had the same problem
Blue Screen
White Letter's
Restart

I hope that my advice  at least help you a litte :/

Offline kingW3

• Partimanijak
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 18:51 »
http://eurobattle.net/showthread.php?t=144102
also if it doesn't help try using some forum www.techguy.org

Offline DespoRutti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 22:08 »
I got 3Gigabytes of RAM and I also read something about ram in some forums , I guess i'll try all the suggestions you gave me and if it continues I'll have no choice than reinstall windows :S . Anyways thank you everybody ! hope the tricks will work

Melissa

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 22:11 »
delet , useless post xD

Offline LexMonster

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: Lexy
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 22:16 »
Its not about the RAM. Problem is in your Windows. I also have W7 and it has many bugs...
For example I cant upload anything to web, or I get BSD (Blue Screen of Death). First I hear weird noise, and the BOOM! BSD, then I have to restart it, then I need to click "Start Windows normaly" blablabla...
My recommandation: Install Windows XP (I would too but Windows 7 is best looking Windows at the moment)

Melissa

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 22:27 »
Its not about the RAM. Problem is in your Windows. I also have W7 and it has many bugs...
For example I cant upload anything to web, or I get BSD (Blue Screen of Death). First I hear weird noise, and the BOOM! BSD, then I have to restart it, then I need to click "Start Windows normaly" blablabla...
My recommandation: Install Windows XP (I would too but Windows 7 is best looking Windows at the moment)
i am sure it isnt window´s falut , you have a virus 99% or smth is wrong with your windows, try to install another windows ( from better torrent which has most seeds )

For example I cant upload anything to web, or I get BSD (Blue Screen of Death)

__

so how did you upload pics for sotw ?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 23:02 by Melissa »

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 12:37 »
I'll stick with RAM problem and try to add a solution:
You said you have 3GB RAM. If you have 3x1GB RAM or 1GB + 2GB (Im not sure if they make 3GB RAM on 1 card) try to use only one RAM card, than other... If you get blue screen in one case that probably means that RAM you are using atm is bad.

@edit
I've forgot you are using notebook/laptop so you are probably not able to unplug one of RAMs. Than you can try to limit your RAM. W3 needs 512 MB RAM I think and it is possible to limit RAM in Windows. If I find out how to do that I'll post it here.

@edit 2
Start-->Run-->msconfig-->Boot tab-->Advanced options-->Max Memory and set it to 512/1024MB.
Maybe one of memory module on one of your RAM is corrupted so this may help. If you do this you need to restart you laptop. Than if you want to use all your RAM you need to go to that settings and allow all your memory and restart your laptop again.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 12:51 by Astaroth »

Signature by Rocka

Offline jack_o

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 13:12 »
Before re-installing windows (which could help, except if you have faulty hardware), try those :

- download HiJackThis, and send a report to someone competent to check if you have unwanted processes eating your CPU/Ram/bandwidth

- re-install your graphic card and sound card drivers (sometimes, downgrading them to an older version is actually better than getting some un-tested last release)

- download some memory-testing software (it will write and read in every segment of RAM to see if it corrupts data

Sometimes the source of the weird problem has nothing to do with the problem itself. You can also try things like : disable your wireless network, change your W3 resolution, disable your antivirus or firewall...

PM me if needed. Good luck

Melissa

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 13:21 »
I'll stick with RAM problem and try to add a solution:
You said you have 3GB RAM. If you have 3x1GB RAM or 1GB + 2GB (Im not sure if they make 3GB RAM on 1 card) try to use only one RAM card, than other... If you get blue screen in one case that probably means that RAM you are using atm is bad.

@edit
I've forgot you are using notebook/laptop so you are probably not able to unplug one of RAMs. Than you can try to limit your RAM. W3 needs 512 MB RAM I think and it is possible to limit RAM in Windows. If I find out how to do that I'll post it here.

@edit 2
Start-->Run-->msconfig-->Boot tab-->Advanced options-->Max Memory and set it to 512/1024MB.
Maybe one of memory module on one of your RAM is corrupted so this may help. If you do this you need to restart you laptop. Than if you want to use all your RAM you need to go to that settings and allow all your memory and restart your laptop again.
i can take my ram out of my laptop :)
so i think he should be able to do it too :D