Author Topic: All for one and one for all Moderators...  (Read 1106 times)

Beasthunter

All for one and one for all Moderators...
« on: June 21, 2011, 21:07 »
http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php?topic=64994.0

Hello Everyone!

It is very nice to see, how fraternity rules between playdota's moderators. I would be twice as happy, if it was for the good reason, but it really seems to me, that hiding behind 1 line in a request make you all feel (my respect to the exceptions) that You are entitled to say - "Hey, fellows, this laddie here can not read... what a low-mind... lol, read properly and play properly, man... these are my advices, lol, i gave +1 to such and such, rofl... hard for you to type?"
   I took my time to read all the reactions to my post and only ONE took his time too, to see what really happened in that game and understood my situation (disappointment). As for him, here, I would like to say thank you.
   As for all the other smarties, here are some pieces from me, so that You can educate Yourselves beyond being machines, right? Because writing out 10 rules doesn't mean, that's the only thing we look at when we play a game - whether You like it or not. A machine can do that, no need for humans.
   Many times I have seen moderators warning people. Why? How can I post a warning request? You see, no matter how You are trying to twist it, the rules do not apply to EVERY situation, and even if You would more or less accept that it applies to a certain extent, it could still be called 'dodgy' - therefor it is hard to make an overall good decision. And You also know, that most of those kids will forget that game by the next game, so why bother. Because it is a fact, right? Most of the guys, who play this server doesn't even know this forum exists... They don't read rules, they just play. No harm there, as long as they are not posting. So to all of You, who have so naively been pointing out to me, that I should read first and do everything accordingly, I believe, You should have read a few of my previous requests before talking. And allow me for once, please, Dear Friends, to trust the moderator as much, that he will invest his time, goodwill and expertise to sort out the problem I outlined.
   If You think his answer was funny, I truly feel sorry for those, who experience Your sense of humor on a daily basis.
   In my post I ASKED, to watch the first 20min. If You say there is not enough time, that's one thing, but deny it, because I didn't specify player names? I mean, how do you address morale issues. I believed !warn would have been one of them. And I believed that a moderator could have decided which players to warn. I didn't necessarily wanted all the players to be banned, but I highlighted issues there. And at the same time, I have made SUGGESTIONS of how I believed the rules should have been adjusted for the better. It wasn't even mentioned nor in the first, nor in any replies on the General Forum (link above).
   I know, that there is a few of You out there, who likes to grab a word or a sentence out of a whole post and ride it wild until the sun comes up and goes down again, and it probably feels (to You) great fun to laugh at Your class mate in 2nd elementary because there is some snut coming out of his nose while he performs Mozart on a piano with eyes closed... Why? Maybe because you are frustrated. And if that is all You are good at, than please spare us from Your comments.
   I have proved more than once, that I am perfectly able to both write and read characters - so I would also like to ask You, to please, do NOT give me advices on that topic. Because I don't need any.

Now, I believe that I have given You enough to chew on - and maybe to think about. I wish that every posts were as perfect as one of You said in the posts. But I know they are not. And I do think that mines are pretty OK. And now all of You - feel free to share Your thoughts on ignorance. But remember one thing very well! We all have these types of games every once in a while. We all get to play things together with the wrong person at times. So we reach... we reach to a place, where we BELIEVE it can be changed, corrected or prevented. And if You destroy the Faith in others, You, too, will be left without it!

The One Who Cares

Offline kingW3

• Partimanijak
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: All for one and one for all Moderators...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 21:14 »
I can give you a example.Your in bus whit policeman someone robbed you.You say arrest him.Policeman would say who?And you say some of them.Not really a good example but tried my best  :)

Melissa

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 21:23 »
Rofl ... its not the same situation/example. If you read his post you will understand that he wants his team"mates" banned, and imo resor should show him a bit more respect, because he wrote a text where he explained everything and resor wrote "many players from the teams - There is no souch a player in this game." imo thats childish...  Many users write in requests only "he afked" or "he destroyed my items" and there you have to "watch" the whole game but he told you the time + what happened... And for every mod. which wrote +1, nice hummor, should think twice about what he is/was writing because thats just a retarded spam post (imo)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 21:32 by Melissa »

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 11:32 »
Well I think it is about mod who solves the request. One mod would check replay etc and other one won't. Some mods want you to strictly follow the "How to..." guide and some are more tolerant.

As I've said in last thread I've read the game log. Flame, flame, flame and "Im gonna feed" message.
Reaction of Resor was funny - many players from the teams - There is no souch a player in this game. Was funny for me, I wasn't in that game so I didn't suffered as you. I saw you didn't talk to them and after all that flaming you've ignored them ALL.
Maybe Resor was lazy to check everything you said, maybe he wants you to follow the guide strictly - give name, time, problem. I don't know. But I agree his answer was childish or something like that, he could tell you why he denied your req. It is clear you don't want to ban player "many players from the team".

I probably know how did you feel after the game. I've played similar game. After it I've felt like "I can't believe it. Omg, I I I... No way, how can be some1 so retarded. Should I post a ban req?" I felt like I don't want to play DotA anymore (only that day) and I don't want to bother with this idiots anymore. Just forget it asap. So bother with them and post ban req??? They get 4 days ban, make another acc... No, I go out with friends or something.
But you posted the request and explained situation and this answer would piss off everyone imo.

What to say in the end? Mod can deny this request coz you didn't followed the guide strictly. It depends on mod. Mod 1 ≠ Mod 2...

Signature by Rocka

Offline Rocka

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • bewar doge
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 2nd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Legion TD Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Castle Fight Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 11:36 »
Rofl ... its not the same situation/example. If you read his post you will understand that he wants his team"mates" banned, and imo resor should show him a bit more respect, because he wrote a text where he explained everything
That's not what it is about, Tell me if you had 20 requests like this in a row, would you be handling them all carefully and waste your time for the lack of other people?
It isn't hard to READ and if you are too stubborn to do so, you get it solved like this.
I would have done it the exact same way.
I see trees of wow
such roses too
wow very amaze
for doge and you

20:24    THELOVEBELOW    [All]    everytime you kill es you save a unicorn
20:30    jeandarc    [Allies]    an*
20:33    jeandarc    [Allies]    learn english

Offline iPlayForFun

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 14:19 »
Ok u said same thing as u said in ur last post. I dont get it!? If u are angry with resor answer make same post, post name and copy moments from log it is not so hard. Imo it is better then waste 2 hours for wrrite this posts. Maybe u like attention i dont know, but this is not the way. Post request on proper way and case solved.

Dragoljub pls u must not speak about respect some1 cuz u dont respect no1. And about spam on forum, well we all know who u are.

Regards

SmudzoFTW: i want your mount in my dick

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 00:11 »
You speak of mods not following specific rules and not making right dessisions ,but you did not even bother to post proper ban request ,and maybe we make wrong dession and WHOOLLLAAA you make another spam rage topic about mods beeing stupid or lack of sense of humor (joking )

Also only people who are repored will be banned , except some other banable things like MH or hard flames on national ,rasistic level which could be noticed.

It is like posting Mh report - You just say i susspect 4 of 5 players having MH ,in period of 10-20 mins , just check them - none would bother.

Anyways ,this will be locked ,because nothing will come out from all of this.