Author Topic: For all who are crying about donation....  (Read 12457 times)

Offline fawkz

• Founder
  • F#WKz!
  • Awards LA High Staff [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: For all who are crying about donation....
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2011, 23:51 »
...but today it is also used in many other games. It is also used as a rating system for multiplayer competition in a number of computer games...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 23:54 by fawkz »

Offline iMusic

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2011, 23:53 »
Sometimes it is not bad have a little read before posting,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system
The Elo rating system is a method for calculating the relative skill levels of players in two-player games such as chess.
The Elo system was invented as an improved chess rating system.

Same for you ;)

Offline fawkz

• Founder
  • F#WKz!
  • Awards LA High Staff [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2011, 00:02 »
I'm wondering why im giving any kind an explanation to guys that just contradict anything I say without any proper reason.

Fawkz goes to bed, hf trolling around.

Offline iMusic

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2011, 00:04 »
I'm wondering why im giving any kind an explanation to guys that just contradict anything I say without any proper reason.

Whatever that means... Good night...

Offline Foxish

• Newbie Member
  • Fight with mind and die with honor!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2011, 01:26 »
mhmmm...... imusic +11111

P.S.
thats a real crying about donations because when we are looking at http://eurobattle.net/ they sayd that they better will fall than crying about donations..... http://eurobattle.net/ is absaloutly free.... they survive from reklams and donations [without forcing to donate]... +they can survive without PD.EU but u guyz can't survive without them.....so...... i will beter donate them, then PD.EU

sorry for bad english...... im from LV :P

cheers Foxish!!!

CS 1.6 nick --> [HIVE]//Anfetamin

Offline End

• Outlander
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • From above
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2011, 01:58 »

+1

F    R    O    M         A    B    O    V    E

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2011, 02:02 »
mhmmm...... imusic +11111

P.S.
thats a real crying about donations because when we are looking at http://eurobattle.net/ they sayd that they better will fall than crying about donations..... http://eurobattle.net/ is absaloutly free.... they survive from reklams and donations [without forcing to donate]... +they can survive without PD.EU but u guyz can't survive without them.....so...... i will beter donate them, then PD.EU

sorry for bad english...... im from LV :P

cheers Foxish!!!

I think their admin is loaded so they have no probs.

Offline Jingle^Balls

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • American Staffordshire Terrier
  • Awards Hacks staff member [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • RevolutionStaff Kennel
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2011, 09:42 »
@iMusic: U rly thinkg that 100% of donations for Africa, Japan etc etc goes there? Lol gimme a break....
And 100% of these pd.eu Donations goes to Fawkz? How much % does he spend on actual paying bot?
"LOL gimme a break..."
And how much we all donate before this situation with Bot's? Not enought to pay bots i am sure...

Offline AC^hypito

• Awards 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2011, 10:35 »
I have better idea if u want making money / or safe the server alive (as u want)
you are making teams with 5-10 members 1 member pay for the hole team and there are games for example 5$ per game(all mods -sd -rd -ar -cm -cd -ap) and 5% or 10% from each game are for the server and winning team wins 4.90$  losing team lose their 5$. There are many kids here they cant pay with credit/debit cards, so if u make this will be really good and more pro gamers will come here and will be very very good!  :)

Best Regards,
FeaRSoMe.hypito
FeaRSoMe.Crew
1st night Cup Winners
missed 2nd night Cup
missed 3rd night Cup
4th night Cup Runner Up
5th night Cup Winners
missed 6th night Cup

Offline kingW3

• Partimanijak
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2011, 11:03 »
@Foxish they can live whit comercials(rekalamas) because users need to go to their site and register they would see comericals and eb.net will get some money thats how they survive and donations which is pretty often when many of them want op status but pd can't
about ELO only !rs is using that system otherwise psr would never have points like +6/-6(example)

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2011, 13:23 »
I have better idea if u want making money / or safe the server alive (as u want)
you are making teams with 5-10 members 1 member pay for the hole team and there are games for example 5$ per game(all mods -sd -rd -ar -cm -cd -ap) and 5% or 10% from each game are for the server and winning team wins 4.90$  losing team lose their 5$. There are many kids here they cant pay with credit/debit cards, so if u make this will be really good and more pro gamers will come here and will be very very good!  :)

Best Regards,
FeaRSoMe.hypito
Imo we shouldn't play for money. And it will be worse than last few days, you saw how many "Why I need to pay?!" topic were created.
Maybe buying credits or something (0.10€ for 1 game) but winning money isn't good idea imo. You do 1 bad move in game and you get flamed etc. And in this case, some special system would be needed - what if some1 leave or game will be !rmked.
Another problem would be Blizzard. Game developers usually don't hunt every single "pirate" but if some1 is getting money by using (illegally) their software without their knowledge it would be problem imo.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 13:28 by Astaroth »

Signature by Rocka

Offline Bagatur

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2011, 14:03 »
Well, I really don't understand what's the whole problem!
People will always complain about something - lags, newbies, leavers, the bot is not available at the moment, etc. The world is full with kids, or unhappy people wanting to put their hatred somewhere.
I think the whole problem is that, some people, take everything for granted, including this. You should learn, that to have a stable gaming community with nice environment to play no lags, stats or whatsoever, there should be work from both sides. These moderators and admins are trying to provide something good for everyone and what, people start complaining when the very same admins are experiencing difficulties in keeping it up. I find nothing bad in donating some amount of money, when is needed for keeping the server up.
But honestly when you haven't donated anything for this server you do NOT have the rights to come here and complain about anything. You do NOT have the right to say absolutely nothing about the way they manage everything.
For those, who say that they can play somewhere else, ask yourselfs why are you even here on pd.eu?
Good community is build only with efforts from both sides, whether this would be with donations, help with maintenance or joining the team with contributing skills and knowledge. Otherwise you will be forced to pay like in World of Warcraft for example.

Keep up with the good work guys!
Cheers!

Offline DuffMan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2011, 14:29 »
...but today it is also used in many other games. It is also used as a rating system for multiplayer competition in a number of computer games...
Y sure - we can also use wiki. Sorry for irony but quote what u have done here is called garbling. Y ELO is both used for single and for multiplayer games. We agree with this. But not for kind of multiplayer we have here on pd. If u look properly on all theese calculations - one thing is obvious => its 1v1 rating (both for single and for multiplayer) but its 1v1. In multiplayer that means team vs. team. We, here on pd, do not have any kind of tournament with consistent teams. Thats the difference we care about. We are trying to point that this kind of PSR is not your "personal skill rating" it says nothing eminent about your skill nor your gameplay nor your teamplay. Thats all.

Offline UNBANMEHPLX

• Advanced Member
  • This prattle bores me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2011, 14:35 »
Y sure - we can also use wiki. Sorry for irony but quote what u have done here is called garbling. Y ELO is both used for single and for multiplayer games. We agree with this. But not for kind of multiplayer we have here on pd. If u look properly on all theese calculations - one thing is obvious => its 1v1 rating (both for single and for multiplayer) but its 1v1. In multiplayer that means team vs. team. We, here on pd, do not have any kind of tournament with consistent teams. Thats the difference we care about. We are trying to point that this kind of PSR is not your "personal skill rating" it says nothing eminent about your skill nor your gameplay nor your teamplay. Thats all.

well said bro +1

Offline DatFace

• Rorschach
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • ..see what im chweing iz a magic shroom
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2011, 10:25 »
i tihnk that topic must be closed
season passed and now its completely normal
someones must give an end to this spam :P