Author Topic: For all who are crying about donation....  (Read 12359 times)

Offline Elsenrail

• Advanced Member
  • Make !sd not !balance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: For all who are crying about donation....
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2011, 12:30 »
I like the way you think and express yourself Duffman. Keep it up man. +1 from me.
Spoiler for Hiden:
dude are you serious?
you mean that to play DOTA i have to pay money for it?
that does contributors that the half of them are (no-lifer's)
and if i want to play some dota there are others different ways to play
i don't give a f****c if PD.EU is online or offline or not free anymore.
and i guess that in 2-3 days we will normally created games like before
but all this it was a tricky plan for people (NO-LIFER'S) to donate their money
Except going for a coffee
that reall sucks for humanity and especially teenager's

People have no money to live and you want to donate to have some entairtainment?
gg

PS: MyUberNick said that ONLY (Contributors) can host games
      that smells too fishy here
       so no-lifer kids will donate to play some dota :O
       too bad
       i thought that pd.eu was good
;/

1st - u definitelly need some heavy arguments and fact for such heavy accusation.
Even if its only trick - why other ppl with legal capacity cannot see through it as clearly as u do? On one hand you are saying u dont care on the other it seems to me u care too much.

In addition i dont get it - why is everybody crying that it is not fair to start paying (or donating and enjoying unrestricted access) for something that was free? I understand the fact that DotA was always for free but if i remember the "good old times" properly - u have to use your own bot (that leads to fact there was no control over the host abusing his powers) or use Garena etc.. U can always stop playing here and find solution which suits u more. Its your own decicion.
So i dont get the point of your babble. Pd is not your project nor your stroke nor serviced payed by u.

Staff here should make a new folder a bit inspirated by "new member introduction" and u should call it "old member leave-taking". There such ppl could write such things as: "I enjoyed time playing here, but now im pissed off and im leaving this community, coz there is nothing i can do about it nor i have right to do so... cya"
And OT: They didnt say PD.eu is ending. They didnt say a meteor is gonna crush into Earth. They only said we cannot host games for 4 days. It is something we can live with, cant we?
!psr is based on ELO 1v1 system, DotA is 5v5 game. Does it make sense to you?

Offline kingW3

• Partimanijak
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2011, 13:09 »
Elsen psr isn't base on elo system(about your signature)People can't you wait 1-2 day to play dota?

Offline Elsenrail

• Advanced Member
  • Make !sd not !balance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2011, 13:42 »
Unfortunalety it is. Read http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php/topic,54272.0.html or here is the important part:

" (...) We made a new relative rating system based on ELO, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system Current score value has been replaced by PSR which stands for "player skill rating". Every player with no games starts at 1500 PSR, then you lose/gain rating as you lose/win games. (...)"

Offline fawkz

• Founder
  • F#WKz!
  • Awards LA High Staff [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2011, 13:47 »
Dota is Sentinel vs Scourge, a team vs another one. Does it make sense to you?

Offline End

• Outlander
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • From above
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2011, 13:49 »
Unfortunately I won't be able to play a few months, but I'm gonna donate, just coz it's awesome server, with gr8 ban/unban system and ladder (however psr needs to be improved). Maybe contributors need some additional privileges like in garena, most of my friends bought gold account. There can be many options rly, even if some wont be "fair" like in iccup/garena.

1. You lose less/get more points every game you play.
2. You see number of players in game when you try to join, like in iccup. So when you r looking for a game u know how many players are there. Maybe you see pts average or #points you get if you join.

and explain players that it is easy to donate, explain how they can do it.

Nice idea.

F    R    O    M         A    B    O    V    E

Offline Elsenrail

• Advanced Member
  • Make !sd not !balance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2011, 13:59 »
Thanks for this, I thaught noone will bring this up.

Yes Dota is 1 team vs 1 team and IF there would be psr made for WHOLE team (actually "tsr" right?) than it would be fine. But teams play only on tournaments and leagues, bot not casual games on pub. In the end there is still 5 different PSRs vs 5 different PSRs. So no, it does not make sense to me.

Offline Jingle^Balls

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • American Staffordshire Terrier
  • Awards Hacks staff member [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • RevolutionStaff Kennel
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2011, 14:11 »
dude are you serious?
you mean that to play DOTA i have to pay money for it?
that does contributors that the half of them are (no-lifer's)
and if i want to play some dota there are others different ways to play
i don't give a f****c if PD.EU is online or offline or not free anymore.
and i guess that in 2-3 days we will normally created games like before
but all this it was a tricky plan for people (NO-LIFER'S) to donate their money
Except going for a coffee
that reall sucks for humanity and especially teenager's

People have no money to live and you want to donate to have some entairtainment?
gg

PS: MyUberNick said that ONLY (Contributors) can host games
      that smells too fishy here
       so no-lifer kids will donate to play some dota :O
       too bad
       i thought that pd.eu was good
;/
Ppl like u make me rly mad...
1st: u are moron just like lot's of people here who trolling donations
2nd: cotributors aren't nolifer's, they are people who want to help this community.
3rd: We are not pay to play, we pay to help big different...
4th: Why do u trolls talk about donation like its 100000e, its just few euros and lot of ppl ll agree with me that we all can donate few euros per month/year...
5th: if we are nolifer's u are lazy ass, u dont have to pay for coffe in caffe, u can make it xD.. Cheapest way  :). 2coffee=1donate for Pd.
6th: And i think that u are ungrateful... Since i play here i have great time and a lot of nice games, also i think lot of ppl will agree with me...
7th: And again i ll fully agree with Final_End post here
@iMusic: U rly thinkg that 100% of donations for Africa, Japan etc etc goes there? Lol gimme a break....

U trolls dont respect what Fawkz doing for us... I can just say ty pd staff....
Call me asslicker i dont care i rly dont, I just respect their job and they do it for free...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 14:16 by Jingle^Balls »

Offline Rocka

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • bewar doge
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 2nd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Legion TD Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Castle Fight Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2011, 14:21 »

Yes Dota is 1 team vs 1 team and IF there would be psr made for WHOLE team (actually "tsr" right?) than it would be fine. But teams play only on tournaments and leagues, bot not casual games on pub. In the end there is still 5 different PSRs vs 5 different PSRs. So no, it does not make sense to me.
And again you bring this up in every topic
I see trees of wow
such roses too
wow very amaze
for doge and you

20:24    THELOVEBELOW    [All]    everytime you kill es you save a unicorn
20:30    jeandarc    [Allies]    an*
20:33    jeandarc    [Allies]    learn english

Offline DuffMan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2011, 14:28 »

And again you bring this up in every topic
It's not him who bring it in every topic - thats his signature and ppl who answer it. U cannot blame him - he is not the one who starts discussing it everywhere. :D

Offline fawkz

• Founder
  • F#WKz!
  • Awards LA High Staff [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2011, 14:37 »

It is sentinel average PSR vs scourge average PSR, then you gain/lose depending of your personal psr and your average team one; you should get used to teamplay even in a pub game, sorry this system is not made for solo pub stomper players, that's why it maybe makes no sense to you.

Offline UNBANMEHPLX

• Advanced Member
  • This prattle bores me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2011, 15:15 »

It is sentinel average PSR vs scourge average PSR, then you gain/lose depending of your personal psr and your average team one; you should get used to teamplay even in a pub game, sorry this system is not made for solo pub stomper players, that's why it maybe makes no sense to you.

it makes sence but doesn't makes sence at all in same time

i won countless game when it was saying sentinel (93%) scourge (7%) so it means nothing     at all  also i saw tons of lowskill players with psr around 1800   guess now its all about luck to get less retarded ppls in ur team now 

Offline AlterLight

• Pro Member
  • Awards Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2011, 15:55 »
^ true story. PSR means nothing.
Muthafuckin Dota Expert

Offline Elsenrail

• Advanced Member
  • Make !sd not !balance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2011, 16:06 »

Nicely said, but that doesnt mean anything on the fact that your psr is calculated based on performance of 4 other players which contradicts ELO system where your rating is based solely on 1 person´s effort. In the end its more team evaluation rather than individual, moreover team that always changes in every game.

Ok lets end this discusion in topic which wasnt ment for this. If you have something else on your heart please feel free to PM me. Eventually I may start new topic about this issue. Have a nice day.

Offline DuffMan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2011, 16:15 »
Yep great idea for new rich fruitful discussion.
We dont play permanently (or for some time) with same teammates in same team - in this case we could talk about teamrating based on ELO. But we have different teammates in every game - thats different situation.
I think everybody here (amongst experienced players) know that DotA is about teamplay (thats all what i can say to your accusations that he dont know what teamplay is).
My question is - PSR is "player skill rating" am i right? So imho it should predicate how skilled u are (including your gameplay - i agree) so each host could check your PSR and said if youre good/worse/bad player. This rating based merely on your win/looses do not fullfill this function (it only says u in how may games your team managed to win/lost the game).
So it could mean anything. U could be skilled but surrounded by noobs, u could have great teamplay and your teammates not, u could be succesfull soloer which win the games coz he play -apem for some heavy carrys etc... So when i host the game i check good old !sd coz it says me much more about the players skill and teamplay.
This system have definitely not brought teamplay among pub players. I think everybody would be happy if it would do so but it does not.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 16:21 by DuffMan »

Offline iMusic

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2011, 23:29 »
@iMusic: U rly thinkg that 100% of donations for Africa, Japan etc etc goes there? Lol gimme a break....
And 100% of these pd.eu Donations goes to Fawkz? How much % does he spend on actual paying bot?
"LOL gimme a break..."

@Elsenrail Well explained. After all its made for Chess which is 1v1 game and DotA is 5v5 game...