Author Topic: using flaw in balance/psr calculation  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Sphinix

• Retired Moderator
  • Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
using flaw in balance/psr calculation
« on: May 27, 2011, 18:59 »
This person is messing/bending rules and psr calculation:
 x^26x12y (http://playdota.eu/stats/player/1/x%5E26x12y)
Total ladder games: 51
Wins: 27 (53%)
Loses: 12 (24%)
Draws: 12 (24%)
Left games: 3 (6%)
-EM games: 41 (80%)
Current PSR: 1624
Highest PSR: 1624
Kills / Deaths: 2.4
Assists / Deaths: 2.3
(Kills + Assists) / Deaths: 4.7

This douchebag* is hosting only noob games where he pawns and owns.(kill/deaths 12-2;20-5;14-6;13-4;15-2;14-2;13-1 etc.)
For exsample if you look replay of this game:
http://playdota.eu/stats/game/1883649/ap-eu-noobs-fast-3
you will see that his opponents were men down (4 vs 5) and he was camping in front of their fountain for stats boost... Not only that. He was even telling his team mates that they dont breake any side so he can boost his stats (he even bought force staff to pull them from fountain). There are plenty of other games/exsamples where he showed what he is and how he "plays" dota. Check it out for your self...

So this is the problem: Even tho he is using balance and psr is pretty evenly distributed in both teams in 80% of the games he will own and as a result overfeed and will bring victory to his team because of his skills (10+ kills per game and about 4 deaths per game average). Even that !balance is showing that there is 50%-50% chance of winning it is not so. He will win most of those games.
Suggestion: Maybe there should be a little change in how PSR is calculated (so that it is inclused K/D/A or some other solution to fix this bug in calculus)

*2.    douchebag definition: An individual who has an over-inflated sense of self worth, compounded by a low level of intellegence, behaving ridiculously in front of colleagues with no sense of how moronic he appears.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=douchebag

P.s.
I had no intention of flaming and if it is true then it is not flaming ;) ..... and that ios one word that describes him perfectley ;)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 19:03 by Sphinix »

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: using flaw in balance/psr calculation
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 21:33 »
What to say to this? I see it often. Good players hosts noob games - all you can do is leave before the game starts. If you stay, after 10-20 mins noobs start to say: OMG host idiot, pro and makes noob games, reported. And host? He just scoffs.

I got question - when you do !balance bot says:
Sentinel 1560 (46%) / Scourge 1560 (54%)
Can some1 explain it to me? 1560=1560 but 46 isn't equal to 54.

Signature by Rocka

Offline elfinka

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 09:47 »
Well if pro host hosts noob games, then he should have a combination of high psr, good K/D and creep stats. Nothing easier than !sd him and then leave.

Offline LexMonster

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: Lexy
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 09:56 »
Well if pro host hosts noob games, then he should have a combination of high psr, good K/D and creep stats. Nothing easier than !sd him and then leave.
+1
But noobs are too much s****d to use !sd command.

Btw, PSR means nothing. I like to play games with 80/20 because, I get more PSR (about 20)if I win, and I can loose only less than 10 PSR.
If we all play balanced games, you will always get/loose +13/-13...

P.S. When I played against mighty night^^stalker  ;D it was like +22/-0 :)

Offline Sphinix

• Retired Moderator
  • Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 23:17 »
That is exactley the problem....!balance 50%-50% psr should mean that each team got same chances of winning.....and they dont. It is missleading. PSR should mean something.

Also:
I would like to have !sd all command
so that bot shows stats of all players and that I dont have to type it for every player seperatley.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 05:01 by Sphinix »

Offline kingW3

• Partimanijak
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 11:47 »
+1
But noobs are too much s****d to use !sd command.

Btw, PSR means nothing. I like to play games with 80/20 because, I get more PSR (about 20)if I win, and I can loose only less than 10 PSR.
If we all play balanced games, you will always get/loose +13/-13...

P.S. When I played against mighty night^^stalker  ;D it was like +22/-0 :)
when i played whit night stalker it was +32/-1 if i won that game i would stop playing dota :)

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 12:17 »
Sphinix, well if those players read this forum they would see that exist !ff command, so they could type that.

And that guy can host em games all the time but you have to know that he is getting only half of psr that writes in lobby. And hosting em games he will game 1800 psr never. So let him host who cares.
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline GREED

• greedisgood
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Tours staff member [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • you bored?
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 19:32 »
i have same prob. i cant eaven join pro games couse i have bad psr and now score.. !balance f**d me.

host with big psr locks himself with some noobs which have 1300-1400 psr but 50games or so(so they have at least some skills) , and in other team there is me and 4 guys with 1500 psr and  0 games in history(multi acc players, banned people etc) . After Balance its 40:60... and I ask myself how can i loose 17games in row :S
well pretty easy... balance sucks
zgcsm_Mqth1_J7_OJM62_Jp_Ecgo6c_YSIh_VTn_LZv_PIf_Aet_Yqq_MDjt_FQs_Ow_Bm_Kf_AWtig_XM_large_2" border="0

Spoiler for Dota SUTMoH Top 10 Vol 3  :