Author Topic: Rmk command, 5 min rmk rule  (Read 10386 times)

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Rmk command, 5 min rmk rule
« on: May 24, 2011, 13:56 »
What I noticed in a few recent games, and what I find a big problem here is the "leaver in the first 5 minutes=rmk rule". I find it lacking to be more precise, and think that it should at least be prolonged to 10 minutes, because it is very hard for a team to play practically the whole game with one player less, and getting a rmk by means of the !rmk command is virtually impossible now that we have the !ff command. I know that this would lead to a bigger amount of remakes, but a rmk is better than playing an imbalanced game, and waiting for minute 25 just to write !ff is pointless (and will give you - points).

And please dont give me the 4v5 is playable type of replies, because you know that in 90% of cases it isnt, especially if its from the beginning.

Offline mysto_gan

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rmk command, 5 min rmk rule
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 14:20 »
i was about to type such topic acually .. autoban should be off from min 10 not 5 :)

Offline Sphinix

• Retired Moderator
  • Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 18:10 »
I agree with original poster...

Offline Sauzer

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 12:38 »
i agree too but Im sure that will be rly hard to go over these 10 mins because a lot of time, for example, there r noobs/feeders that at min 8/9 they have died 4times...99% will leave the game.
! PSR = Pointless System Rating

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 16:51 »
Well, im not saying that my idea is what must be done, its just a proposal. Im sure there is a better way to fix it, maybe some sort of !rmk adjustment or something but i just dont have anything better in my mind at the moment. I just wanted to point to the issue because, although it does happen much less frequently then before the new system, it still happens, and it is a major pain playing from say, minute six, and waiting for that 25 minute tick to unlock the !ff option.

Offline Dell.Lanceus

• Advanced Member
  • Fought 1v1 with life, and I won.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 17:37 »
There is no command and no rule that will stop players from leaving. The only one that will do is the "50+ games hosts only" which is, again, only partly. Autoban also isnt one of the best features IMO, ofcourse it has good uses but sometimes when u play from Internet Caffe and run out of time and get booted, then u just say "Fuck Autoban!" xD
It's noone's fault but my own, It's the path I've chosen to go...

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 00:32 »
There is no command and no rule that will stop players from leaving. The only one that will do is the "50+ games hosts only" which is, again, only partly. Autoban also isnt one of the best features IMO, ofcourse it has good uses but sometimes when u play from Internet Caffe and run out of time and get booted, then u just say "Fuck Autoban!" xD

Im not talking about stopping them from leaving. Im talking about the situation after they leave..

Offline Sauzer

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 06:37 »
So here the point is what happens when the situation is 4v5.

The solution can be that when there is a leaver he get autobanned and the game will not count in stats. Im sure no1 has to w8 for ff! All ppl will leave 4 sure.

Since here everybody plays 4 stats this will be impossible and will be not accepted from the whole community.

In this way the command -so will be useless.

I dont see other "exit" from this problem

I totally agree that 4v5 is unbalanced & is playable only if a team is no good.

! PSR = Pointless System Rating

Offline 1950_Crna_Rupa

• Advanced Member
  • Uz tebe je Torcida
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 08:08 »
lol -so command ruin games too,4 v 5,u use switch,and its unbalanced again,whats the point of switch on command?
Sto ucinio si ti od zivota mog,od zivota mog,od zivota mooooooooog,zasto dao si mi ti samo praznu bol,samo praznu bol,samo praznu booooool

Offline Elsenrail

• Advanced Member
  • Make !sd not !balance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 20:05 »
(...) but sometimes when u play from Internet Caffe and run out of time and get booted, then u just say "Fuck Autoban!" xD
Exactly for these ppl I like autoban to be there. Dont play when you dont have time, when you have bad connection or anything that could DC you. This is tool especially for host-leavers.

OT: I think that your proposal is based only on your personal feeling. No offense there. For example my personal oppinion is that 5 minutes is sufficient. If it was on me I would even lower that number to 3 minutes. Btw you dont have to wait to 25 min all the time. According to my experience 50% of my games are finished before this limit.

So my point: Try to look on any issue from different angles. Try to imagine how players with different playstyle would react in certain situations. And think twice before you post something about rules changing. It could look like you are just crying about your games. Not everybody´s.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 20:07 by Elsenrail »
!psr is based on ELO 1v1 system, DotA is 5v5 game. Does it make sense to you?

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 20:23 »
(...) but sometimes when u play from Internet Caffe and run out of time and get booted, then u just say "Fuck Autoban!" xD
Exactly for these ppl I like autoban to be there. Dont play when you dont have time, when you have bad connection or anything that could DC you. This is tool especially for host-leavers.

According to my experience 50% of my games are finished before this limit.
There is a rule - Player must not enter the game lobby, unless he has atleast 1 hour of free time.

Games take less than 25 mins if:
1) Game isn't balanced. !rs may say 50/50 but its about psr not skills. It is possible to win 4v5, enemy say himself: good, its gonna be easy, free psr. But you won't give and fight, sometimes it can surprise them (according to game type - pro/noob).
2) It is NOT Easy Mode. EM games are shorter.
This is my exp.

Signature by Rocka

Offline Elsenrail

• Advanced Member
  • Make !sd not !balance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 21:40 »
Well psr is... you know what and its not good. It was discused countless times so I wont do it again.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 21:44 by Elsenrail »

Offline Rocka

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • bewar doge
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 2nd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Legion TD Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Castle Fight Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 21:54 »
Well psr is... you know what and its not good. It was discused countless times so I wont do it again.
Do you have to bring this up everytime?
If you don't like it then what are you still doing here
I see trees of wow
such roses too
wow very amaze
for doge and you

20:24    THELOVEBELOW    [All]    everytime you kill es you save a unicorn
20:30    jeandarc    [Allies]    an*
20:33    jeandarc    [Allies]    learn english

Offline Elsenrail

• Advanced Member
  • Make !sd not !balance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 21:59 »
Dont get me wrong, PD is super cool. But it was even cooler without this % system.

Offline ^omYota

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 22:02 »
I agree ..before the autoban the majority of the PD players embraced the "rule" : leaver before min 10 it's rmk !
It's almost impossible to win 4 v 5 in a decent pro game , after some1 leaves in the begining of the match ( the sooner he leaves the pointless the game is ) .

The 10 min rmk rule should be back!

5: Reason that forced you to break the rule?
I left cuz Huskar(i^m_coming) form Sentinel was map hack i am sure about that.
On minute 15 he was 15/1 K/D i had crixalis and centaur on lane we gone to kill him we start by stuning i start ulti and all of spells and he didnt die he killed both of us =))