Author Topic: Locking teams  (Read 1038 times)

Offline Black_Drake

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Locking teams
« on: May 21, 2011, 08:48 »
I observed some way of stacking teams with the illusion of balance to some unexperienced players. They gather all high sd in sentinel team (and i'm not talking only about host's friends) and kick high sd players in scourge team.

They do this untill prs system shows balance. This way they couldn't say game was balanced, but as u know, as the game starts score starts to be like 12-2 for sentinel (of course there are some exceptions to this too).

Now I know there is no rule for stacking team or playing with your friends against pubbers, but is there a way to see how many players are locked in sentinel ? Is it a command for this ?

Ussualy I look at all sentinels team and remember each players position, and when the hosts types !balance if at least 3 players from sentinel remained on their position, I quit game before countdown reaches 0. But sometimes wither i'm not paying attention, either I don't remember all to see how many are locked.

So is there any way/command to see how many players are locked ?
-Pudge, hook and ulti ?
-He has vanguard !
-O.o...

Offline LexMonster

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: Lexy
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Locking teams
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 09:06 »
I dont think so :(

But only way to beat stacked team (if -ap) find a friend, or at least one pro from your team and make a combo ;)
Shaker + Nevermore/Magnus/Tiny/and the bitch with vacuum (cant remember his name atm :D )

Offline kingW3

• Partimanijak
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 09:16 »
dark seer
you should host your games better than joining stacked pub

Offline Angel

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Confoederationis Helveticae
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 10:32 »
So is there any way/command to see how many players are locked ?

As far as I know, that kind of command doesn't exist... But again, people are skeptical about psr and balance. Trust me i've played many games 80-20 or even 95-5 and i've lost them. So if you're pro, even without balance you can win. Of cours that host can put you some uber noobs in your team, but sometimes balance is not available, because people who are stacked has played much more games then random pubers, so that count aswell.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 13:48 »
I don't like !balance command. Everyone knows it works with PSR. But if you play balanced games you can't get more and more PSR just because you have 50% chance to win. That means you win and get +10 psr than you loose and you loose 10 psr and over and over... You're not getting PSR but you are getting exp. So in extreme case game may be like this:
Noob game
Sentinel: Players with exp and quite good stats but because of !balance they have average psr 1510.
Scourge: Players with no exp, without any stats, psr 1500 in average.
The game loox balanced (54%/46%) but it is not imo.

I see many people on this forum don't like !balance or have some problems with it but ingame no1 want to play unbalanced games. Every1 has some problem, I don't like this, I don't like that, I will not play 65%/35% unbalanced game... I remember days when there wasn't !balance command - host (if he wasn't stacker) kicked too good/bad players and maybe shuffled players. No1 was crying it's unbalanced. I miss those days...

Signature by Rocka

Offline Sauzer

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 14:26 »
!sd remains the best command, the only way to know if 1 ppl is noob or pro
! PSR = Pointless System Rating

Offline eslam_250

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 19:21 »
i think it is a bad thing to get all pros with host , it is not fair for people.
Donot Try...