Author Topic: DotA Facts  (Read 48576 times)

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Topic Author
  • Enjoyjoy your life
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
Re: FotD vol.3
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2011, 00:39 »
refreshing with new one facts
I noticed this on playdota.com, its interesting so I give it to you here

"If the Goblin Techies use Suicide Squad, Attack! while under the effect of Shallow Grave, they will still die."

and some from my mouth and mind (I didnt reveal it ofc but I remembered this now) :D

If youre rolling in storm spirits ulty you can use items and spells  ;) so in ulty you can use remnant or shiva for ex.
some ppl say that you can ulty in your ulty but dunno that if it works and if yes what it does, if you try it or know something about it give it here
or any other fact that can interest local nubs and better players too ;)

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Topic Author
  • Enjoyjoy your life
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2011, 20:45 »
very good vid and very factual and interesting but dunno if used here cause of pub and not so high skill that this requires but worthy of trying ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTZxmNx_rDw&feature=player_embedded#at=12

nermiee

« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2011, 20:49 »
Im not kinda player who likes to play with ES, but still i wanna know (i think before his ulty can bounce on corpses too) can it bounce still ? Or not ? Just answer, dont start troololloling ..

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Topic Author
  • Enjoyjoy your life
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2011, 21:16 »
Im not kinda player who likes to play with ES, but still i wanna know (i think before his ulty can bounce on corpses too) can it bounce still ? Or not ? Just answer, dont start troololloling ..

Im not quite sure but Icefrog changed it, its doesnt search corpses but it got radius around ES which search units and then radius around each unit that search for another units and this radius is bigger so you now hot more targets if not corpses ;) its somewhere in changelog in some version but dunno what so its will be long to search it :D

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Topic Author
  • Enjoyjoy your life
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2011, 02:29 »
some interesting fact I remembered now:

AM mana burn does dmg (found it on playdota.com in heroes descriptions and its 0.6 dmg for every 1 mana point drained) to hero, so if you attack him or any other mana target you have at lvl 4 +38 dmg bonus and its quite a lot, ofc if no mana to drain or less then 64, you got less or no bonus but in that moment comes always ulty :D
just reminding that cause AM is now on the loose and top picked in dota scene so play him more hes pretty beast ;) with QB and PT/PB and mana drain bonus he farm and dmg quite hard on earlier lvls and likely from other carries got pretty good escape mechanism and to-battle-jump skill... 8)

Offline chelom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2011, 04:15 »

Im not quite sure but Icefrog changed it, its doesnt search corpses but it got radius around ES which search units and then radius around each unit that search for another units and this radius is bigger so you now hot more targets if not corpses ;) its somewhere in changelog in some version but dunno what so its will be long to search it :D

no, it dont bounce of corpeses. But u get a agha upgrade that add 1 bounce on heroes so its 2 bounces per hero. The direct damage from echo slam deals pure damage that means it deals damage to magic inmune units. The bounces that come from creeps or other heroes deals magic damage tho.

And an extra fact, naga snare, meepo earthbind can sucesfully disable magic inmune units at the cost of not being able to disable ethereal units.

thanks to Lancerlove for signature

Offline Alucardo

• Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • justice is over all
  • Awards Hacks staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2011, 08:16 »
i played batrider a while ago and bought cyclone and knew this

if u use firefly and use cyclone on urself it wont work (that made me die many times b/c of earthshaker)

Offline chelom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2011, 08:20 »
also if incoker throw tornado to a firefly bat it wont disable him, but the damage still apply

thanks to Lancerlove for signature

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Topic Author
  • Enjoyjoy your life
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2011, 11:28 »
i played batrider a while ago and bought cyclone and knew this

if u use firefly and use cyclone on urself it wont work (that made me die many times b/c of earthshaker)

yy after releasing bat it wasnt hit by echo cause of flying but IF changed that immediately cause he as flying unit doesnt count to unit radius also it counts any air unit as cyclone and tornado unit as well
one thing only can save you, not stand closer ;D or have increased magic immunity or full immunity even primary dmg is pure and hits you, secondary is magic so its reduced or blocked ;)

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Topic Author
  • Enjoyjoy your life
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2011, 11:44 »
from DC today
"Bracers, (especially) Wraith Bands and Null Talismans give the highest combination of stats and +dmg with your initial 603 starting gold"

dont skip them unless you are very well and can afford big stuff and win, but they boost you in best way at start and cost so little, also Bracer is used in tango that is imba and Null in dagon so for some heroes very nice upgrade ;)

Offline DatFace

• Rorschach
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • ..see what im chweing iz a magic shroom
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2011, 20:14 »
very good vid and very factual and interesting but dunno if used here cause of pub and not so high skill that this requires but worthy of trying ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTZxmNx_rDw&feature=player_embedded#at=12
Really nice video
i really enjoyed it
especially the music makes it more easier to actually see it till the end...

Offline theMastermind

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2011, 17:30 »
refreshing with new one facts
I noticed this on playdota.com, its interesting so I give it to you here

"If the Goblin Techies use Suicide Squad, Attack! while under the effect of Shallow Grave, they will still die."

and some from my mouth and mind (I didnt reveal it ofc but I remembered this now) :D

If youre rolling in storm spirits ulty you can use items and spells  ;) so in ulty you can use remnant or shiva for ex.
some ppl say that you can ulty in your ulty but dunno that if it works and if yes what it does, if you try it or know something about it give it here
or any other fact that can interest local nubs and better players too ;)

Yea, I know that fact too, it's quite entertaining if you have good mana regeneration and full mp :D Ulty towards someone and using remnant so it's risky for him to escape that way you came from ;D But it does shorten your "travelling" time, so gotta be careful :D Btw that "ulty in your ulty" sounds like "yo dawg" meme ;D
There are two rules for ultimate success in life:

1. Never tell everything you know.

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Topic Author
  • Enjoyjoy your life
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2011, 13:30 »
next fact you probably know or just smartly deduce ;)

"Borrowed Time will not be activated if Abbadon receives a hit when he has more than 400 hitpoints, so some strong nukes can kill him without activating it."

and some tip for this skill - cause BT is activated by condition in it or you can active it self anytime, abuse that cause more efficient is to cast it before 400 HP initiate, you regain your HP faster and more cause tenemy got think of 400 HP lvl or some nukes like laguna blade can you kill before instant, and if you tank you team more HP after the effect is needed ;)

Offline Alucardo

• Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • justice is over all
  • Awards Hacks staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2011, 13:47 »
there is an information i heard in some game but not sure about it

(mkb doesnt work on void)

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Topic Author
  • Enjoyjoy your life
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2011, 13:56 »
there is an information i heard in some game but not sure about it

(mkb doesnt work on void)

yy MKB just for any miss and evasion but backtrack is not evasion thanks it can stack with evasion;)
its direct HP gain not any miss - you regain same HP as you lost thanks attack dmg in same time so you lost nothing in that case - thats why MKB doesnt work on backtrack but on his Butterfly yes so Void is a bitch if that player got better luck then in lottery :D