Author Topic: IP ban  (Read 5839 times)

Offline DatFace

• Rorschach
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • ..see what im chweing iz a magic shroom
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: IP ban
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 15:43 »
if u get ip ban i just restart ur internet and u can join again... so ip ban big fail

yy +1

Offline yaphets_

• Nevermore Master
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 15:53 »
well you are playing pub games...game ruiners ,flamers,leavers,Afker's etc... what do you expect?
just accept what it is because their are no solution for this the Only solution is to post ban req.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 15:58 by irs2k3 »
who had never made a mistake, has never tried anything new ;)~albert einstein

Offline DatFace

• Rorschach
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • ..see what im chweing iz a magic shroom
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011, 15:57 »
well you are playing pub games...game ruiners ,flamers,leavers,Afker's etc... what do expect?
just accept what it is because their are no solution for this the Only solution is to post ban req.
|

you are a genius :P
how did you thought that? :PP

Offline Lerica

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2011, 16:00 »
Ever heard for dynamic IP? :)
i remember i had totally different ip(even i wasn't banned my ip changed automaticly)

whenever u restart ur router u get different IP,if u have dynamic IP adress...but there are also ways to ban those ppl too...u can ban IP range...but also there are ways to avoid that ban with some programs (i don't wanna say to u what are the programs for that :D),but u need very good internet speed for that...

but there are also ways to ban those ppl too...u can ban IP range... Dont u risk to someone else ? or how it's work ? Couse for example in Counter Strike u get ip ban with this IP range. I heart it has happened that someone else get ban too.

Offline mysto_gan

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2011, 16:03 »
damn i didnt know about that dynamic ip or w/e b/c i dont live in europe since the ip is same in kuwait even if u restart router 1000 time so tnx guys for sharing ur opinons

i can say now u can lock this post admins since u wont have something to say (if u have then say it ur free :D) yep retards r everywhere in dota or in other place than dota and now cheers  ;)

Offline kingW3

• Partimanijak
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2011, 16:31 »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Ever heard for dynamic IP? :)
i remember i had totally different ip(even i wasn't banned my ip changed automaticly)

whenever u restart ur router u get different IP,if u have dynamic IP adress...but there are also ways to ban those ppl too...u can ban IP range...but also there are ways to avoid that ban with some programs (i don't wanna say to u what are the programs for that :D),but u need very good internet speed for that...

but there are also ways to ban those ppl too...u can ban IP range... Dont u risk to someone else ? or how it's work ? Couse for example in Counter Strike u get ip ban with this IP range. I heart it has happened that someone else get ban too.
you can change your ip dramaticly or can use program

Offline lord_kurai

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Hacks staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2011, 19:32 »
if u get ip ban i just restart ur internet and u can join again... so ip ban big fail

yy +1
actually, this is not true.
u can have xxxxx as ip, then restart the router, and lets say u have 666666 (totally diferent number, they dont
look alike at all, in nothing). but i assure u, that your reverse dns address, is pretty much the same. only the crappy number at the beginning changes. I have personally asked for this feature to be use, but we have places where there is a high density of dota players (some cities of Serbia, Romania and Turkey to name a few examples) and it would kinda unfair that we issue those ip/reverse dns ban on some people , and not on others.
so , in hard offenses, we do the work of "hunt" someone manually, and ban all their accounts.
Yes, they can make new one, but they will need more than a month to have a decent sd
orgulloso de ser ecuatoriano :)

mira "hardstyle"

Offline Baalik

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2011, 19:42 »

yy +1
u can have xxxxx as ip, then restart the router, and lets say u have 666666 (totally diferent number, they dont
look alike at all, in nothing). but i assure u, that your reverse dns address, is pretty much the same. only the crappy number at the beginning changes. I have personally asked for this feature to be use, but we have places where there is a high density of dota players (some cities of Serbia, Romania and Turkey to name a few examples) and it would kinda unfair that we issue those ip/reverse dns ban on some people , and not on others.
so , in hard offenses, we do the work of "hunt" someone manually, and ban all their accounts.
Yes, they can make new one, but they will need more than a month to have a decent sd
How about this one:
IP ban instead of ban and ban on new accounts (no dota games played on pd bot so far) on whole IP range (let's say 7 or 14 days).
This will allow proper players with same ISP to play with their accounts and make banned user connecting to new games much harder.

Offline Sai.InkBeast

• That could be a real trip man
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2011, 19:44 »

yy +1
How about this one:
IP ban instead of ban and ban on new accounts (no dota games played on pd bot so far) on whole IP range (let's say 7 or 14 days).
This will allow proper players with same ISP to play with their accounts and make banned user connecting to new games much harder.

It fail then can u imagine some1 in Internet caffe got banned and whole int caffe cant play for 14 days.. stupid

Eurobattle.net account: Lone_Druid

Dota League

Offline lord_kurai

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Hacks staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2011, 20:21 »

yy +1
How about this one:

It fail then can u imagine some1 in Internet caffe got banned and whole int caffe cant play for 14 days.. stupid
yes and no
yes, because of some retard mess up a game, u cant ban all players that are from that place, location (game house, cyber, whatever). however there are some cybers, that come with MH per default :/
orgulloso de ser ecuatoriano :)

mira "hardstyle"

Offline Baalik

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2011, 22:08 »

yy +1
How about this one:

The 2nd part is exactly what you want when someone shares the IP with multiple users and you want to ban only 1 of them (ban on new accounts (no dota games played on pd bot so far) on whole IP range (let's say 7 or 14 days)).

Offline kingW3

• Partimanijak
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2011, 22:34 »
go to friend make acc play on net caffe

Offline MiZiGe

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Spit on my karma!
  • Awards Patreon Supporter [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Eurobattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2011, 02:05 »
well, let me tell you from experience, that IP banning is a strong tool to use, but requires a lot of work.
There is VERY few people with static IPs, plus the nature of the MOBA games (like DotA) promotes communal play - in other words, people form one place tend to play together, as the word spreads. Therefore you might end up banning innocent people on that IP.
It requires a lot of work, because if you know a player is changing his IP (because it is dynamic), you have to constantly track him or her, which you can imagine is a hell lot of work, considering the number of players.

Offline Sauzer

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2011, 07:30 »
And if u have an heart attack while u r playng?
! PSR = Pointless System Rating

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2011, 11:14 »
And if u have an heart attack while u r playng?
Then there are two options:
1) If you will not survive it you won't care about ban.
2) If you survive it you can ask for unban.

Imo IP ban can't be used. That's all.

Signature by Rocka