Author Topic: Psr  (Read 1485 times)

Offline ZaBici

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Psr
« on: May 15, 2011, 10:44 »
Right so i'm seriously curious as to how is psr calculated? I couldn't care less about rank in the first place but when i get kicked from pro games because of psr it just blows my mind.
I'm not insanely pro, that is true, but i am definitely not a noob either. My point is, i have around hero k/d/a 7.5/6.2/9(and i almost always wind up in scourge because of the damn psr, it's a nevereding circle) creep 105/6/and i have no ideea about neutrals, and i get a psr of something a bit over 1500. A guy with hero k/d/a 5/6/god knows how many assists i forgot, and creep 50/0/ and again w/e gets something like 1560 psr, i mean wtf is up with that? I think we can all agree that i have better stats than that guy, yet he has a higher psr.
I'm waiting for a serious answer on this one.
Regards

Offline n3cr0m4n

• Pro Member
  • De ce ti-e frica de moarte, cand toata lumea moare
  • Awards 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Psr
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 10:49 »
PSR is no longer bassed on kills ratio, is bassed on team win, he win more games than you, so he have high psr.

They should recalculate based on D/A also, no kills.

More Splits please, :)

P.S. i dont care if it is spit or splits :)

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Enjoyjoy your life
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 11:04 »
search the forum first then ask
here is system on which psr is made
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system
and here you can try how its working
http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php/page,game_simulator.html
in forum is precise psr formula for this ladder too but dunno where ask mods or admin or search here ;)

Offline ZaBici

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 11:51 »
i did a brief search through forum didn't see anything regarding this, as for the links... i'll be damned i'f i'm gonna search all over the web for this including wiki, and the game simulator doesn't help me in the least, for this question that is, nevertheless thank you for the input, both of you.
So then i'll rephrase, change the freaking psr! w/l ratio doesn't prove anything, and when balance is influenced by psr, u get a even worse mixup, as everyone is using balance. kills alone don't proove anything as u may be a kill stealer, granted, deaths aswell, but when u put them together u get a pretty much clear standing of that player, assists deaths kills. Creep kills aswell, u get an idea if that guy can creep farm at least a bit, and if he is prone to deny. The psr and balance features are ruining the game in my opinion.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 12:14 »
I also don't like getting psr for winning only. Or losing...
For getting psr you have to play games with your team, if you play pub games host always balance so you get 50% chance that you lost/get some psr. In average you'll stay in some psr range (you'll have 1600 ± 20) for eternity.

Signature by Rocka

Offline Dell.Lanceus

• Advanced Member
  • Fought 1v1 with life, and I won.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 12:25 »
PSR is no longer bassed on kills ratio, is bassed on team win, he win more games than you, so he have high psr.

They should recalculate based on D/A also, no kills.
Why is D/A any better then K/D?
Lets just fetch radiance on every hero and u will end up with 20+assists every game -.-
It's noone's fault but my own, It's the path I've chosen to go...

Offline n3cr0m4n

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 12:39 »
You can do 100 radiance only one will work, and radiance aint so easy to do if you get killed all time, if they let you farm that means they are noobs.

Why not kills ? Becouse players "KS" most of his kills, Death is good becouse of u have like 5-10 death per game you are feeder (that means alot in pub games), Assists show if you were involved in team play, this can determinate how game will end.

Last stats sistem was bassed most on Kills, so there was alot of players whit dagoon and last hit just to "KS".

Offline elfinka

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 13:24 »
Why not kills ? Becouse players "KS" most of his kills, Death is good becouse of u have like 5-10 death per game you are feeder (that means alot in pub games), Assists show if you were involved in team play, this can determinate how game will end.

Last stats sistem was bassed most on Kills, so there was alot of players whit dagoon and last hit just to "KS".

So if you're a carry and do a good job (by getting all the kills and less assists) you're more worthless than the support assisting you? :)

The K+A/D ratio is probably fair

Offline n3cr0m4n

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 13:30 »
So you play carry in all games ? That fail :)

Offline ZaBici

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 11:10 »
So any feedback from the mods/admin side? i mean seriously you can't play a good game now with this balance, at least remove the command.