Author Topic: PD's PSR system and forfeit command  (Read 4288 times)

Offline mysto_gan

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: PD's PSR system and forfeit command
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 20:16 »
@z44gh i totally agree of what u said and i think that it will be first step for teamworking and balanced games

Offline akaltar

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 20:22 »
taking out the k/d/a from the psr may be good, but as someone else said it may be better to just take out the kills. this way you may see how much a player is "feeding" the enemy, and seeing how much it supports his team, still this way games may get stathunty again... (for example: "omg i wont kill him cuz i wont get stats")
so the best idea i think is to remove them(this may make people actually support their team as much as they can)

about the ff command, it may be useful in some games, where the whole team just dont want to play, enemy are trying to farm on you(not knowing that k/d/a is alrdy removed from the PSR calc) and you dont want to waste your time, instead start a new game...
ff tough is good only with the onlyeverybody thingy

Offline MilujPrirodu

• Advanced Member
  • Miluj Prirodu
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 20:23 »
i agree they should do that :D

Offline December4th

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 23:52 »
I'd say forfeit command and statistics are closely connected. I think most of the forfeited games are not  lost, but forfeited soley to prevent statloss. Don't get me wrong, I love stats and getting a gazzillion assists, but if the recording of statistics gets in the way of playing good games it should be removed. So I would like to see this changed to saving just the win-loss ratio.

If players play to win the game, rather than getting their average statistics up, fountainganking, prolonging the game to farm enemies or creeps should no longer be an issue.

The removal of the detailed stats (maybe even the PSR) would also lead to the disappearance of the !balance command which has annoyed me to no end lately: endless lobbytime because people would leave when their team has a lower calculated win-chance than the opposing team, friends leaving because the host either splits them with the !balance command then decides to start immediately starts or because they get kicked because they upset the calculated balance.

Another postitive effect might be the forming of more teams/clans/friendgroups on PD, because you can rely less on the information the bot gives. Thus promoting a more closely knit playerbase.

I can see much good things coming from this change, however the main problem with the removal is identifying the skill of players in pub-games thus creating another way of farming stats: through joining games below your skill level. Then again, in my opinion people should stop playing to make their internet-statistic-penises grow and start playing to enjoy the actual game.

PS. Wall of text hits you, it deals critical damage!

Offline tightrope

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 00:02 »
I agree mostly with December4th, he's makes a good point of view, however, i disagree with the !ff command, that command wasn't used for many years and i don't find it useful now. Remove it and we'll be better off without, only short ass games omgwtfownage games last 25 minutes, a normal balanced game takes from 30-50 minutes, but we can have none of that, since people get bored or want to start a new game hoping they'll own... !ff ruins it for me and probably for most players.

Offline Vanye

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 09:19 »
!ff ruins it for me and probably for most players.

Yes.. why should I wait till all my team players will have good score so they don't need to start a new game. I only want victory for our team, but that's not enough for so many people today. They are more k/d hunters than PSR, because in long term they feel THEY are awsome.

And the most annoying explanation some players use for FF? "Look at your stats and mine"

Offline BeansPowered

• Advanced Member
  • Be free to join another community! HI Dotalicious!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 11:19 »
!ff only annoys guys who play stacked with their friends.

In ANY GAME you have the option to LEAVE WITHOUT PENALTY under some circumstances. Here, the circumstances = the whole losing team votes for FF. What do you want? To have an EPIC game every time you play on PD.EU? To finish your 30.000 gold item build, roshan * 2, all racks down, all moonwells destroyed?

BTW when a team comes to early FF, it means that those guys have been hardly raped, and the opposite team should finish ASAP instead of fooling around. IMHO, that !FF command is the right fix to the lack of courtesy of many players around.

Offline Dell.Lanceus

• Advanced Member
  • Fought 1v1 with life, and I won.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 12:15 »
but winning team is trying to get more kills and prolonging game. FF helps to end game where you got no chance to win
No chance to win? WTF? ALWAYS you have a chance to win.

Not always mate. Sometimes u cant really rely on their disconnects. Ever played that game when Pudge is standing in front of ur fountain hooking ppl as they helplessly respawn, and those who get lucky and are missed get force-staffed out? Or they just let u come all to fountain and then they release that Chain Frost + Meteor combo and make a rampage... well... im just saying... FF is good... and not always is there a chance to win...
It's noone's fault but my own, It's the path I've chosen to go...

Offline Vanye

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 17:45 »
but winning team is trying to get more kills and prolonging game. FF helps to end game where you got no chance to win
No chance to win? WTF? ALWAYS you have a chance to win.

Not always mate. Sometimes u cant really rely on their disconnects. Ever played that game when Pudge is standing in front of ur fountain hooking ppl as they helplessly respawn, and those who get lucky and are missed get force-staffed out? Or they just let u come all to fountain and then they release that Chain Frost + Meteor combo and make a rampage... well... im just saying... FF is good... and not always is there a chance to win...

that's why they suggest to MOD FF to stop counting kills and still counting WIN/LOSE according the end of the game

Offline DatFace

• Rorschach
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • ..see what im chweing iz a magic shroom
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2011, 17:54 »
dude

problem is that often game is decided early, but winning team is trying to get more kills and prolonging game. FF helps to end game where you got no chance to win, your feeders feeded opponents to hard and only thing you can do is to stay at fountain

when !ff is voted
your next K/D/A are not counting
even if you get 50 it will count the stats you had before the ff command is voted so :/

Offline Z44gh

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 23:45 »
Vanye seemed to have understood the point of this thread.

The starter of this thread, read myself, has NEVER intended to remove the !ff command. Under certain circumstances, it is definately a very useable command!

The meaning of this thread, is to say that under current rules, the !ff command is used to prevent further stat loss. The effect of this is that people rather give up a game that they might have won if they had continued playing.

I request everyone replying on this to take the above into account and stop saying that the !ff command is under discussion. Cause in this thread it's NOT!