Author Topic: !balance  (Read 3784 times)

Offline DuffMan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: !balance
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 15:35 »
!Balance is good command,it surely is a great way to keep stackers apart.But here's a catch,it doesn't work like all of us would like it to work,you can have one guy with lets say 1630 PSR,one guy with 1560,4 guys with ~1470 PSR and 4 guys with ~1530 PSR,what will happen...!balance will put 1650 guy with 4 failers against those 5 "normal" players,and most likely first team will have advantage in %.I don't know if this can be made to work other way,because any other combination won't give nearly 50/50.
On one hand u said its good and on the other u would change it - so it would use some kind of !sd. I don't understand. How does it prevent stackers? Host is not obliged to write that command.

Offline Muerto[]

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 19:02 »
I am sure owner of bot can make thing that when all slots are filled up,bot automatically balance game.And ofc if someone leaves and new player join bot repeat action (balance again).

I am sure this can be done because thing like this existed in some leagues where i played.

Offline KaizerChief^

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 23:58 »
!Balance is good command,it surely is a great way to keep stackers apart.But here's a catch,it doesn't work like all of us would like it to work,you can have one guy with lets say 1630 PSR,one guy with 1560,4 guys with ~1470 PSR and 4 guys with ~1530 PSR,what will happen...!balance will put 1650 guy with 4 failers against those 5 "normal" players,and most likely first team will have advantage in %.I don't know if this can be made to work other way,because any other combination won't give nearly 50/50.
On one hand u said its good and on the other u would change it - so it would use some kind of !sd. I don't understand. How does it prevent stackers? Host is not obliged to write that command.
Well,most of the stackers win games so they have huge PSR advantage over single players who will get stuck with not so good players in half of the games.Considering that they will over time have like 70%-80% !rs. And people will request !balance or won't even play that game.

Offline DuffMan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2011, 09:03 »
Well,most of the stackers win games so they have huge PSR advantage over single players who will get stuck with not so good players in half of the games.Considering that they will over time have like 70%-80% !rs. And people will request !balance or won't even play that game.
Y thats true, but i thing nowadays ppl have realized that 50% to 50% doenst mean they have equal chance to win a match, coz everybody can evade the system (in the meaning of having different PRS than he deserved).
y thats true, but consider the idea of some 2-3 friends who wanna play together - they have to have multiple acc to lower their points to play a game. Coz everybody join write !rs and seee "oh i have 70% chance to win, i will be quiet and dont wanna balance" - isnt that funny? :D

Offline Elsenrail

• Advanced Member
  • Make !sd not !balance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2011, 11:45 »
Exactly, in this way not even balance isnt fair, its illogical as well. You see this rating system is based on Elo 1v1 match calculating. And you know what? Dota is not 1v1, its 5v5. Every player has different rating gained in different games. Trying to put through these two just doesnt make sense.
!psr is based on ELO 1v1 system, DotA is 5v5 game. Does it make sense to you?

Offline BeansPowered

• Advanced Member
  • Be free to join another community! HI Dotalicious!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2011, 11:55 »
K/D/A and creeps stats are fine.

!PSR is useless. PD.eu is not a real ladder, it's a free gaming platform with "points".

As long as teams set up will be decided by hosts and their friends, these numbers will mean nothing - except 1700 points = stacked nerd friends

ps : the counterpart of stacking = an average of 25min in lobby  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 12:57 by BeansPowered »

Offline DuffMan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 19:23 »
K/D/A and creeps stats are fine.

!PSR is useless. PD.eu is not a real ladder, it's a free gaming platform with "points".

As long as teams set up will be decided by hosts and their friends, these numbers will mean nothing - except 1700 points = stacked nerd friends

ps : the counterpart of stacking = an average of 25min in lobby  ;D ;D

definitely +1. btw - imho its not about stacking - worse is that every noob belive 50% to 50% is definitely balanced game :D