Author Topic: New bots and stats system  (Read 46495 times)

Offline NoMad

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New bots and stats system
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2011, 21:16 »
The .dota command does not work...or maybe I'm not using it properly?
I type /w testbot01 .dota
Otherwise I have to host a full fledged game to test the bot out, and I can't play private 4v4, 3v3 or less matches.

missing game name parameter

wrong way: "/w testbot01 .dota"
right way: "/w testbot01 .dota <game name>"
right way: "/w testbot01 .dota DotA 3vs3 come ALL"

>_<
I can't believe how stupid I was to not figure that out myself...

Anyways GREAT JOB with the bot.
Few questions..
With .dota games are you auto banned if you leave? And in normal !pub games as you said:

- Ladder games
Games created with first group of commands from above will be saved into ladder (www.playdota.eu/stats/ladder) and will affect your ingame stats (!sd).

so .dota games stats are not added to this same site ?

Offline SwenCro

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2011, 23:30 »
Great news...a lot of good changes

Offline Sphinix

• Retired Moderator
  • Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2011, 05:23 »
So what is the problem? I played one game with new bot. Why is it not in use allready?

Why for !ff command you need to wait 25 min?
Why is sky blue?

Offline kyri3

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2011, 11:31 »
The new bot is very very nice! I have only a couple of comments about it.

1) in ladder games it sais that "apemso" is too long string for !mode, but in "apem" the switch command is disabled, so there's no way to balance teams if 2 players leave. I know, I know, 5v3 is draw and it doesn't reflect on stats, but it would be nice to go on just for fun, if all players agree.

2) I saw a lot more draw games for leavers, especially after a firstblood. I think that a game should not be draw only after push, but after firstblood too, to avoid this spreading of leaver behaviour.

3) also (referring to bucu27 too) games should NOT be draw after a time limit (say, 25min): I think that !ff should be used then, or rebalance teams (see point 1), and if an entire team leaves it should be considered as an automatic !ff. Forfeit should replace draw, indeed (IMVHO, of course).

4) the new stat system and the !balance command is AMAZING :)

Keep up the good work guys!

Offline WilyJackal

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2011, 23:15 »
Very nice changes in ranking system... I hope it works...

I was actually going to create a topic about how old system of stats is destructive when i found this... In the old system most of players played for stats, and even if u dont want to play for stats, you get drawn into that nonsense anyway, because decision if ure good player or not depended only on your kills/deaths/denies... This creates wrong incentives for most of the players (especially a bit noobish ones) since they all start picking carries and so on... What results in a absofuckinglutely boring 60 minute farming game...

so practically no one ever picks supporting chars, which basically should be the core of the game... games with teams of panda/bara/lancer/trax/troll are the majority and it shouldnt...

Now this new system should create incentives to win, but not to have a high kill/death ratio so its an improvement as it will encourage teamwork, warding and everyhing you could expect in a decent dota... All I can hope for is that playdota players finally start playing cm mode...

Anyway, few things I would change (so that we get rid of that stat-mania game style):

get rid of !sd/!statsdota command - it doesnt do any good, all the info you need is in ranking points, and if u want your stats you can check them in the website... This way players would only check that occasionally and would probably lose interest in those stats gradually...

maybe add different colours for rank points just for eg up to 1500 - red 1500 - 2k white 2k- green 3k+ - blue or sth like that... would be useful visual aid. Or at least if u dont remove !sd make that rating in different color than the rest of the stats or make it in bold or sth, as it has to be the main point to look at... it represents not only how much you win, but most importantly against what opponents you play...

give 0 or very close to 0 effect for -em games... 'apem eu pros' is just pathetically funny...

Offline dzony

• Advanced Member
  • spit on my karma;)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2011, 00:13 »
anyway here not have team play
cant understand why he want to change stats system, low chance to come better players than those tards
will see , time will show

prebijanje smexa

Offline barakuda

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2011, 23:08 »
When will you get rid of the old bot system? New system is awesome but i cant find any games with it -_-

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2011, 09:40 »
We'll be moving the new bots to pd channel today.
http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php/topic,55397.0.html
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 09:42 by MyUberNick »

Offline Close.

• Advanced Member
  • Drop The World
    • View Profile
    • Only One Raper!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2011, 09:45 »
i hope u reset stats too ;) ;)
Spoiler for Hiden:
read my advice good things come to those who wait

Offline SwenCro

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2011, 10:57 »
i hope u reset stats too ;) ;)

When new bot system will finally be implemented,new season will start...just few more days

Offline Coop

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2011, 11:35 »
You can't ban players if they leave ,guy played with me died 2 times in 2 mins , left and bot writed you can play for fun now ... so if you die early you can leave if you gona kill early he gona leave , and no one gona get ban ...

Offline opa_bato[o.0]

• wub wub wub prrrrrrrrrraaaaaaahhh
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2011, 12:07 »
he gets ban
bored i am

Offline Ironmelt232

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2011, 12:29 »
i hate that stats are reduced to zero.

Offline Elsenrail

• Advanced Member
  • Make !sd not !balance
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2011, 12:50 »
anything added about who can host? or anyone can host a game?
Anyone can host atm, just like on the current bots, but we like this idea and something like that will probably be added.

YEAH, finally it paid of to participate in important treads. And its good to know PD.eu staff monitor them, listen to our opinions and include them if we give support to. If this rule will be implemented its gonna be supercool :)
!psr is based on ELO 1v1 system, DotA is 5v5 game. Does it make sense to you?

Offline raven

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Hacks staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2011, 12:52 »
maybe add different colours for rank points just for eg up to 1500 - red 1500 - 2k white 2k- green 3k+ - blue

man its imposible to reach 3k :D i doubt if anybody(few ppl mby) will have more than 2k