Author Topic: New bots and stats system  (Read 45323 times)

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New bots and stats system
« on: March 10, 2011, 01:31 »
Hello.
I'd like to introduce you to some changes related to our bots and stats system that are going to take place soon. We've been working on the new bots and stats system for a while now, the current bot/stats system has been completely revamped. If you care to test the changes check the post below. The changes on the new bots include:

New ways to create a game

Games are still created by whispering playdota.eu bot (/w playdota.eu !gopub <game name>) in the same way, we only added a few commands.

!gopub, !pubcreates public ladder DotA game
!gopriv, !privcreates private ladder DotA game
!goprivobs, !privobscreates private ladder DotA game with observers (can't be rehosted to public game)

.dotacreates public custom DotA game (uses ladder DotA map)
.dotaobscreates public custom DotA game with observers (uses ladder DotA map)

.maploads custom map
.gopub, .pubcreates public custom game (map loaded with .map)
.gopriv, .privcreates private custom game (map loaded with .map)

- Ladder games
Games created with first group of commands from above will be saved into ladder (www.playdota.eu/stats/ladder) and will affect your ingame stats (!sd).

- Custom DotA games
Games created with .dota/.dotaobs are custom games that use ladder DotA map. The difference between these and other custom games is that DotA stats/events will be parsed from the game, and chatlog and gameinfo stats page will contain data about who killed whom, what hero you played, how much creeps/neutrals/denies you had, etc.

- Custom games
Loading custom maps and hosting custom games remains the same, except that now these games will be saved and visible in the stats website (http://playdota.eu/stats/games/custom). So if you break any global pd.eu rules in custom games like flame/spam you could end up getting a ban.

Custom games and custom DotA games won't be saved into ladder and won't affect your ladder stats (!sd), ladder rules and autoban don't apply in these games.

GProxy

Enabled GProxy++ support.
You can now reconnect into the playdota.eu game after you get disconnected, download GProxy and get more info how to use it here:
http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php/topic,55632.0.html

Autoban and game scoring

Result of a game can be win/lose or a draw. Team won the game if they destroyed the tree/throne or if opposing team forfeited. Game result is a draw, meaning noone won the game, when vote remake passes or when the game is ruined by leavers.

If the game result is a draw game won't affect your ladder stats.
Game result will be a draw if player leaves before 5 minutes DotA time.
Game result will be a draw if player leaves a 4vs4 match.
After one side of any base has been pushed and destroyed game won't result in a draw, any team is allowed to finish the game even if number of players drops to 5vs3, 4vs3 or lower.

!banlast/!bl command has been removed. Players, including hosts, now get autobanned when they leave the game.
If you leave before the tree/throne has been destroyed you risk getting autobanned.

Player that left will get autobanned if he left 5vs5, 5vs4 or 4vs4 match.
Player will never get autobanned for leaving a match with 5vs3, 4vs3 or lower number of players.

Autoban durations start from 2 to 30 days depending on how many times you left before.
When a player gets autobanned he will receive negative score even if game resulted in a draw or his team won.

You are never required to leave the game.
For example if someone leaves in the first 5 minutes, you can stay in the game and play till the finish (tree/throne destroyed), but the game result will still be a draw because player left so early.
!autoban command can be used at any time of the game to find out whether you will get autobanned if you leave.

Game modes and new rating system

Ladder games can't be hosted with any DotA mode anymore.
Allowed modes are -ap, -ar, -rd, -sd, -cd, -cm, -sp and -em.

Ladder games can't be started without picking a DotA game mode in the lobby. This will eliminate -test/-wtf bot abuse and will enable players to check whether host is really going to host the game mode he advertised in the game name.
Before you use !start to start the game you must first use !mode to set the game mode (ie: !mode rd).

We made a new relative rating system based on ELO, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system
Current score value has been replaced by PSR which stands for "player skill rating". Every player with no games starts at 1500 PSR, then you lose/gain rating as you lose/win games.
If you are inactive and not playing any ladder games for a while your PSR will start to decay automatically and you will lose position in the ladder.
All game modes except -em will give you the same PSR gain. -em game gives less information about players skill, so PSR gains from -em game are a lot less than non -em game.
The new system takes into account who are you playing with, who are you playing against and whether you won or lost the game.

Example:
You stack your team with pro players in sentinel against noobs in scourge.
If sentinel wins, players from sentinel will get low or no rating increase to their PSR.
If scourge wins, players from scourge will get high rating increase to their PSR.

You can check how it works in more detail online with game simulators below or join a game and test it.

http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php/page,game_simulator.html
http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php/page,game_simulator_em.html

New commands related to PSR:

!min <PSR>kick players with PSR lower than <PSR>
!max <PSR>kick players with PSR greater than <PSR>
!balancebalances the lobby slots based on players PSR
!rating, !r, !psr [name]display your PSR, optionally add [name] to display PSR for another player
!ratings, !rsdisplay each team chances to win
!rankall, !rateall, !ralldisplay PSR for all players

Other bot changes

- Added !forfeit/!ff command:
You can !ff the game after 25 minutes DotA time, this will prevent unnecessary prolongations of the games where one team is obviously winning. Vote from every team member is needed to forfeit the game, so if there's 5 players in the team you need 5 !ff votes to forfeit the game.
After game is forfeited to opposing team game will end and you can leave, opposing team gets a win and your team gets a loss.

- Increased lobby count down time to real 5 seconds, it starts from 10, 9, ..., this should give you enough time to leave the game if you don't want to play.

- !mute command has been removed.
You can now stop spammers/flamers or w/e individually with a set of !ignore commands.

!ignore <name>stop receiving chat messages from a player (it tries to do a partial match)
!ignorelistdisplays a list of players you are ignoring and a list of players ignoring you
!unignore <name>start receiving chat messages from a player that you previously !ignored (it tries to do a partial match)

- !rmk/!checkban commands are not spamable anymore.
- !statsdota/!sd - removed 5 seconds block, you can now check stats faster.
- !kick command is now enabled in lobby.
- !owner command has been fixed, when host leaves first player that uses !owner will become the new game owner.

- Bot will now save stats for your hero only if you're in the game.
In other words, if you DC at 20 minutes bot will remember what items/kills/creeps/etc. you had when you DCed and will save that to your ladder(!sd) stats. Your teammates won't be able to feed with your hero and increase your deaths or any other stat in the stats anymore.

- Added support for !hcl command for custom games and !hcl/!mode command for ladder games.

- Other bug fixes and command improvements that i forgot to mention.

New stats website

Made a new stats website, http://playdota.eu/stats
All those replay missing bugs, hero missing, items missing, no chat log, etc. bugs should be fixed now.

Feel free to post your comments, feedback and questions in this topic.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 16:31 by MyUberNick »

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New bots and stats system
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 01:31 »
TEST BOTS

We have placed 10 new bots @ channel "pd test", you're welcomed to /join pd test and test the new system till we finally release it soon in the official pd channel. You can create a game by whispering the testbot in channel, /w testbot01 !gopub <test game>.

Follow this thread for further news, if you wish to comment post here, if you encounter any issues or bugs with the new bots please be so kind and report it in this topic.
You won't be able to ask for unban/ban over these bots yet.

Offline LexMonster

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: Lexy
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 01:32 »
1st comment. thats all i want to say! :)

Offline Juggernaut99

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 01:46 »
anything added about who can host? or anyone can host a game?

Offline dRagoLjuB

• dRagoLjuB
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Nowhere and Everywhere
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 01:59 »
very nice :)

could u add colors @ lobby log and chat log , would look better :d

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 03:50 »
anything added about who can host? or anyone can host a game?
Anyone can host atm, just like on the current bots, but we like this idea and something like that will probably be added.

very nice :)

could u add colors @ lobby log and chat log , would look better :d
yea, on todo status

Offline ¶ÑÇƦ€Ƿ¦ßŁΞ

• Pro Member
  • good evening ladies and gentlemen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 04:39 »
Great improvement to the community, a lot of new features added that reduce low quality Dota games.
I like new ladder page, there is Lobby chat implemented now, so host can't change game name at the start.
And there is !mode, so you are able to see whether host will put game name he was advertising.

GProxy excellent feature, people wouldn't plug anymore, because it is useless.

Autoban command, I really like it, now there won't be host abuse and lack of host knowledge about rules.

I have question about game you have played at new ladder system:
Code: [Select]
1502 / +18 7 10 18 81 4 16 3 23
You gained 18 points from that game, yet your team mates gained 17.
Why?

Game link: http://playdota.eu/stats/game/9/sola-1
In short, if I traded you for shit, I would lose the container I brought you
in. Otherwise, have a good day and keep enjoying your pitiful PD world.

dolmel

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 04:55 »
I have question about game you have played at new ladder system:
Code: [Select]
1502 / +18 7 10 18 81 4 16 3 23
You gained 18 points from that game, yet your team mates gained 17.
Why?

Game link: http://playdota.eu/stats/game/9/sola-1

PSR gain is calculated separately for each player.
MUN had lower initial PSR rating than others.
he had 1484 while others from sentinel team had default 1500.

try to test it with simulator from first post

Offline ¶ÑÇƦ€Ƿ¦ßŁΞ

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 06:08 »
Does test games affect your stats or when bot start working stats will be reset?

Offline deadinformator

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 07:29 »
great job - i need to go to work now but i will definitely play some games later

Offline so.cool^^

• Advanced Member
  • Ruska <3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 08:08 »
good job :)
Ruska <3 <3 <3 only one :)

acc name: so_cooI^^

NEVERMORE and nothing More

*Proud Forum Troll*
***Dont Worry, Dont Cry...Take Extasy And Fly*

Offline ¶ÑÇƦ€Ƿ¦ßŁΞ

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 09:27 »
One thing I don't like it is from last test game I have played.
Basically it was balanced game 4v4 from 30min, at the end when we have already destroying opposite base in 40 min of game their player left, I know he reached auto ban, but we didn't get our PRS because he left the game and it was fair game till end.

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Enjoyjoy your life
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 10:32 »
Enabled GProxy++ support.
You can now reconnect into the playdota.eu game after you get disconnected
good to hear I like that a lot leavers and pluggers will be revealed easily cause if you DC you want reconnect as fast as possible at least its pc or prog crash not internet ;)

If you are inactive and not playing any ladder games for a while your PSR will start to decay automatically and you will lose position in the ladder.
this I dont like too much I dont know how others like it but me playing for last half year not much just if I had time and so on so loosing points just for not playing is not so good  :-\ on the other hand I know that if you want reaching through ladder its obvious to playing
but question how long is the time when my points are dropped how long period in which I have to play at least 1 game to not loosing points?

but at all GRAET JOB PD I m glad that it will be here finally and thank for improving the bot a lot to better gaming place it will be worthy of the hard work youve made 8)

Offline NiGhT^^StAlKeR

• Safelist Administator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Geh.TT. / Rockasaurus / Nox.Interfector
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Rubick Tournament Winner Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] Mirana 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Path of the King Tour 1. Place Award [LEGENDARY] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] Tiny Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 10:53 »
First of all i want to say very good job i like changes and it will make this better place to play dota for sure.
I just have one question . For example if i get disconnected what will happen with autoban/gproxy and how much time do i have to reconnect and what will happen if for example i cant reconnect because of electrical failure for example?
Dota - Pick me 0:51  SF :)
Dota - Symphony of skills 4:23 SF :D
Dota - Light the torch 2:12  SF :D
Dota - Keep ownage 0:25-1:25 Naix :D
WoDotA 8)

Offline ukn.maddoc

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 11:23 »
Thank you very much for your new implememntations.
1 question...

Will everybody start with 1500 PSR? is there a way to implement current stats?