Author Topic: !drop / .drop  (Read 2397 times)

Offline rocknrolla

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
!drop / .drop
« on: May 15, 2010, 22:02 »
What is the use of this command ? I can find none. I was dropped twice in one day, due to my ISP issues. I have spikes, I get the Waiting for host screen ,but I don't lag out.. and the host drops me. Not to mention he can ban me after, which he did.

Offline KillMasterCZ

• Well, why not?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: !drop / .drop
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 09:47 »
Well, it may be a little usefull in the end of the game when its clear who is gona win and someone of the losing team starts lagging. Than the host may type !drop/.drop , so everyone doesnt have to wait.

Offline rocknrolla

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 01:34 »
Well, it may be a little usefull in the end of the game when its clear who is gona win and someone of the losing team starts lagging. Than the host may type !drop/.drop , so everyone doesnt have to wait.
So for a few seconds of waiting, some must suffer ?Think it could happen to you ? Would you still think the same ? I don't care about stats that much, but I don't like wasting time ..and when I play 30 mins in vain ...this I really don't like .

Offline Satnspawn

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 02:17 »
I also see no use for that command. It does more harm than it is useful. Actually, it isn't useful at all. If you really have to wait, and plug is obvious, you can always !synclimit max and you don't have to wait.

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 17:13 »
I also see no use for that command. It does more harm than it is useful. Actually, it isn't useful at all. If you really have to wait, and plug is obvious, you can always !synclimit max and you don't have to wait.

I see your point, it never crossed my mind to remove !drop, it isn't a bad idea at all.
It can be abused very easily and if you're annoyed by the lag screen, you don't even need it, host can simply increase synclimit. I think I'm going to remove it.

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 11:42 »
It's particuraly useful in rpg games. When somebody lags frequently you can get rid of him.
The situation is ofc different in dota (who for the fucks sake would like to disbalance team) and abusable especialy with ban. However while !synclimit solves the lagg screen,occasionaly desync can and did happen to me. So i think people should rather "suffer" 40 sec game break then setting sync to 30000 and than loose whole game.
Quote from: ArmyMaN^E^
in that game no mh man becaus all games in start i type -ah

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 12:01 »
So i think people should rather "suffer" 40 sec game break then setting sync to 30000 and than loose whole game.
You have a point, but isn't the maximum synclimit 10000, not 30000?

Offline Quon

• Hand of The King
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • garekds9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 12:03 »
So i think people should rather "suffer" 40 sec game break then setting sync to 30000 and than loose whole game.
You have a point, but isn't the maximum synclimit 10000, not 30000?

y

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 15:03 »
Synclimit can't cause desync as far as i know.

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 23:34 »
I can hardly call myself network expert. Do you have any info about desynchronization? As far as i though raising synclimit (and the time to lag screen initation -> synchronization of game) can increase the possibilty of game split.
Quote from: ArmyMaN^E^
in that game no mh man becaus all games in start i type -ah

Offline Djerfi

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] Path of the King Tour 2. Place Award [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 16:20 »
http://www.codelain.com/forum/index.php?topic=10655.msg79221#msg79221

So in my opinion, when the player gets the lag screen if you put synclimit too high it will only make the things worse, or do nothing at all.