2 (100%)
No, not everything is true.
0 (0%)
No, I already know this things.
0 (0%)
I didn't read it.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Chaos Knight - Nessaj  (Read 5710 times)

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Chaos Knight - Nessaj
« on: May 14, 2010, 09:22 »
As discussed in this topic, I think guides by the players can be created.
So I will start posting topics like this one. Every week I will post a new topic with a new hero. Every member can suggest item build, skill build, gameplay... (and other). I will edit the first post with the best suggestions.
The next hero will be Nessaj.

Chaos Knight - Nessaj

Stats
At level 1At level 25Gain per level
Strength2190.62.9
Agility1464.4[/b]2.1
Intelligence1644.81.2
Damage46 - 76115 - 145
Armor411
LocationScourge Strenght
Dark Tavern
Movespeed325
Attack range100 - melee
Sight Range1800 / 800
Hero introduction
The Chaos Knight has one of the highest damage potentials among strength heroes. He is capable of dealing out a lot of punishment with his powerful critical hits and illusions. In addition, he offers good mobility and a strong stun. Chaos Bolt, as indicated by its name, is a strong but random ability. It deals a random amount of damage over a set range, and stuns the target for a variable length of time based on the level of the skill. It can either be very effective or mediocre, depending on the Chaos Knight's luck. Similarly, his critical strike has a fairly low chance of activating, but the damage payoff is the highest of any non-ultimate critical hit. The Chaos Knight is quite mobile for a strength hero. With Blink Strike he can instantly teleport to an enemy unit, dealing extra damage. Blink Strike can also be used to teleport to allied units. Finally, the Chaos Knight's can use his Phantasm skill, which summons several illusions of the caster. Each illusion deals the full damage of the Chaos Knight. The amount of pain these images can dish out is among the highest physical damage potentials in the game, especially with Critical Strike. If surrounded by these phantasms, just hope Nessaj's luck doesn't hold.
Background Story
A disciple of Mithras, the God of Chaos, Nessaj has utilized the powers bestowed upon him to further the cause of Chaos and Evil. He stands opposed with all his might against the powers of Order and Good. He uses his ability to call upon chaotic energy to damage and stun an enemy for a random length of time in conjunction with his power to rip holes in space to instantly strike down all that stand against him. His powers culminate into the terrifying Phantasm, creating avatars of himself who do full damage to all those who oppose him, confusing the battlefield and wreaking havoc amongst the forces of Good.

Skills
Chaos Bolt
Type: Active
A mysterious energy bolt is thrown at an enemy. It stuns for a random amount of time. Deals random damage between 1-200.
Mana Cost: 140. Cooldown: 10. Casting range: 500.
LevelDuration
11-2
21-3
31-4
42-4
This skill deals 1-200 magical damage.
Reality Rift
Teleports you, any images you have and the target unit to a random point along the line between the two of you. Gives you bonus attack damage for one attack.
Mana Cost: 50
LevelCooldownCasting RangeBonus damage
Critical Strike
Type: Passive
Nessaj's mojo gives him a chance to deal bonus damage.
Chance to deal bonus damage: 11%
LevelTimes normal damage
Phantasm
Summons several copies of the Chaos Knight from alternate dimensions. The illusions deal full damage, but take extra damage.
Duration: 20
Normal damage taken by illusions: 200%
LevelMana CostCooldownImages
This skill will remove the buffs from Nessaj.

When to...
When to pick Nessaj
Nothing written, yet!
When to repick Nessaj
Nothing written, yet!
When to ban Nessaj
Nothing written, yet!

Skills build
Level 1 - Reality Rift / Chaos Bolt
Level 2 - Chaos Bolt / Reality Rift
Level 3 - Reality Rift / Chaos Bolt
Level 4 - Chaos Bolt / Reality Rift
Level 5 - Reality Rift / Chaos Bolt
Level 6 - Chaos Bolt / Reality Rift
Level 7 - Reality Rift / Chaos Bolt
Level 8 - Chaos Bolt / Reality Rift
Level 9 - Critical Strike / Phantasm
Level 10 - Critical Strike
Level 11 - Critical Strike / Phantasm
Level 12 - Critical Strike
Level 13 - Phantasm / Critical Strike
Level 14 - Phantasm / Critical Strike
Level 15 - Attribute Bonus
Level 16 - Phantasm
Level 17+ - Attribute Bonus
Item build
Start with something to solve your mana problems - Perseverance (can be upgraded to Battlefury) or Soul Ring.
Ring of Basilius is an other useful item and can be improved to Vladmir's Offering.
Don't forget to buy boots while you are building the above item(s) - Power Treads (Strenght).
You can always buy Yasha if your enemy is running away. Later you can improve it to Manta Style.
If something goes wrong, Armlet of Mordiggian can help you.
Next you need a nice orb:
Diffusal Blade - Buy this if you are a facing an intelligence team. Also, this works nice with your illusions and against them (and all summons).
Stygian Desolator - Buy this if you are facing a team of tanks.
Helm of the Dominator (later Satanic) or Mask of Madness - Buy this only of the enemy has many carries and/or nukers.
Sange and Yasha - A nice orb if you already have Yasha.
After you have an orb, a good item is Assault Cuirass.
Maybe Cranium Basher if you have a bad time killing and good time farming.
And finally, a few Divine Rapiers don't hurt.

Gameplay (5 vs 5)
From level 1 to level 5
Nothing written, yet!
From level 6 to level 10
Nothing written, yet!
From level 11 to level5
Nothing written, yet!
From level 16 to level 25
Nothing written, yet!

Cgangelog:
2010-05-14: The first post.
2010-05-21: Added skill buid.
2010-05-21: Added item build.
2010-05-21: Released.

Some pictures are from the Official DotA Website.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 20:10 by ek0 »

Offline FatalityMk

• Be Quick, Time Is Mana...
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Unfinished :: Chaos Knight - Nessaj
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 12:16 »
Ahh you made it. Did not see it, to many posts above him.

Nevertheless here is my say: Max out Bolt spell as fast as you can, that means till level 8 you got to have 4 levels of bolt and 4 levels of Reality Rift. I never do learn ulti at level 6 because it is useless at early game where  you don`t have enough mana, hitpoints, attack speed etc...

Ulti should be learned after lvl 12-13, where you have good, strong items...

And for items: Hmm... Everyone goes for battlefury, it is not a bad choice, it provides enough mana and hp regeneration. Make MOM or Helm Of Dominator that can later be upgraded to Satanic and also Yasha is a good choice item that gives you more movespeed and some attackspeed needed for Nessaj...

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 13:20 »
This was posted ~1week ago...

About what you wrote, I will update it when I have time.

Offline appleBite

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 16:22 »
Nevertheless here is my say: Max out Bolt spell as fast as you can, that means till level 8 you got to have 4 levels of bolt and 4 levels of Reality Rift. I never do learn ulti at level 6 because it is useless at early game where  you don`t have enough mana, hitpoints, attack speed etc...

U r absolutely right!
- User is not allowed to use !rmk more than once in 5 mintues
- User is not allowed to use !checkban more than once in 5 mintues
- User is not allowed to use !votekick more than once in 5 mintues (what a bullshit lol)

Offline hotbarbecue

• Advanced Member
  • ♫ Cucurucucuuuu ♪♫
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 11:25 »
Start with stout and helm of dominator so you can jungle easily, capture some good creep (furbolg or troll who cast Net), and you're a stabbing machine. Later you can disassemble Helm to make vladmir + Armlet, 2 items that will greatly benefit to your illusions.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 17:28 by hotbarbecue »

Offline midoelbasha

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 22:01 »
well for nessaj,
manta for sure but i dont finish it till i'm about to hit 16 to get ulti lv 3, just yasha till then.
as for orb, diffu if lots of mages or medusa / deso if many tankers (vlad for the former ofc) / mom-satanic if most r carry (heart to go along with it).
treads + bfury (for easier n faster farming)
last but not least, radi :p

bolt > blink > crit maxed then i get ulti.

with 5 ilus + you, radi makes ur crit dmg too epic to any hero n with deso tankers cant stand for more than 4sec.

that's how i play anyway
you suck and you know it!

Offline iPlayForFun

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 22:47 »

And for items: Hmm... Everyone goes for battlefury, it is not a bad choice, it provides enough mana and hp regeneration. Make MOM or Helm Of Dominator that can later be upgraded to Satanic and also Yasha is a good choice item that gives you more movespeed and some attackspeed needed for Nessaj...

If u are farmer type with nessaj like me u get crit lvl 4 till lvl 7 u have 2 lvls of stun and 1 lvl of Rift.....Ofc ulty u get on 14,15, 16 lvl....Btw for nessaj u can make what ever u want it is so good hero...Battlefury-good choice, manta not so bad, mom-useless, helm best, assault-gr8, mkb-good, basher-nice, buriza-useles, shivas-after satanic assault and mkb it pwns (cant kill u, u have more armor and u have slow) that is iteams for pwn....

It is only my play, maybe good maybe bad, but i play like that....... :)

SmudzoFTW: i want your mount in my dick

Offline BJSV

• Pro Member
  • I have a dog
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 01:00 »
When i play with nessaj i max out bolt and rift till lvl 8, than 4 lvls of crit one + and than 3 lvls of ulti. Works fine. Cause ther is no need for ilusions if they cant do thier best. Its like takeing ulti with luna and not the first spell (the bigest fail ever).

Oh and in the start buy soul ring and spam stun+rift, and try to w8 for enemy heroes to get close to tower tha you just rift them loseer to tower and stun. FB in 60% of games.
Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again!!!

THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!

Click me

Offline FatalityMk

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 12:09 »
When i play with nessaj i max out bolt and rift till lvl 8, than 4 lvls of crit one + and than 3 lvls of ulti. Works fine. Cause ther is no need for ilusions if they cant do thier best. Its like takeing ulti with luna and not the first spell (the bigest fail ever).

Oh and in the start buy soul ring and spam stun+rift, and try to w8 for enemy heroes to get close to tower tha you just rift them loseer to tower and stun. FB in 60% of games.
I couldn`t agree more...

If u are farmer type with nessaj like me u get crit lvl 4 till lvl 7 u have 2 lvls of stun and 1 lvl of Rift.....Ofc ulty u get on 14,15, 16 lvl....Btw for nessaj u can make what ever u want it is so good hero...Battlefury-good choice, manta not so bad, mom-useless, helm best, assault-gr8, mkb-good, basher-nice, buriza-useles, shivas-after satanic assault and mkb it pwns (cant kill u, u have more armor and u have slow) that is iteams for pwn....

It is only my play, maybe good maybe bad, but i play like that....... :)
Well, that was a nice set of play :P haven`t tried it but i will give it a shot next time i get the chance...But the thing is i don`t farm that often. I do gangs more then i do creep killings, that is why my creep kills ratio is so low. I ussually go for woods where all heroes are missing or our creeps have pushed to far up front.

Offline FatalityMk

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 12:16 »
This was posted ~1week ago...

About what you wrote, I will update it when I have time.
Dude i totally forgot, i was on forum posting other things, then i realized i forgot to check the guide section. Once i searched i found nothing, but when you are persistant you get results :D

Offline Sword_Master

• My death grinned at me in the mirror
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 16:33 »
One of the most underused, undertalked, and underestimated heroes would be this knight. Able to chase down from screen to screen, this hero is capable of dealing massive blows, comparable as that of PA's. With one of the longest stun in the game, the enemy is put in place as you duplicate yourself for slaughter. This strategy is composed of taking advantage of his Imba MS, the highest initial ms of 325. Utilizing full potential of his skills, a 2-4 sec stun, a damaging blink, an IMBA x3 crit(lvl 2 of mortred's ulti?!) and his ulti, the thing everyone's afraid of, imagine 4 of yourself, dealing same damages, whacking someone for 4 seconds with 500+ damage on red showing on your screen...
Out in the night madness lay in ambush,waiting for me

Offline FatalityMk

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 16:50 »
One of the most underused, undertalked, and underestimated heroes would be this knight. Able to chase down from screen to screen, this hero is capable of dealing massive blows, comparable as that of PA's. With one of the longest stun in the game, the enemy is put in place as you duplicate yourself for slaughter. This strategy is composed of taking advantage of his Imba MS, the highest initial ms of 325. Utilizing full potential of his skills, a 2-4 sec stun, a damaging blink, an IMBA x3 crit(lvl 2 of mortred's ulti?!) and his ulti, the thing everyone's afraid of, imagine 4 of yourself, dealing same damages, whacking someone for 4 seconds with 500+ damage on red showing on your screen...
Go write a book please, i will be the first one to read it :D hehe and ofcourse you are absolutelly right...Give some insight, help, tricks for this hero...

Offline BJSV

• Pro Member
  • I have a dog
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 17:53 »
Chaos Knight is too cool to be true. I killed with caos knight a troll 2 or 3 lvls higher than me adn + he had divine xD
Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again!!!

THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!

Click me

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Chaos Knight - Nessaj
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 20:36 »
Updated.

Offline FatalityMk