Author Topic: The comprehensive guide to public games (Part 2)  (Read 1792 times)

Offline maxmadness

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
And here come the second part of the comprehensive guide to public games and once again all credits go to Negi the original creator of these guides, enjoy reading :)

Foreword

Okay, here I am with part 2 of the guide to public gaming!
To continue, you are required to have thoroughly read the first edition of this most excellent guide or you would not grasp jackshit.
But my guide is so famous, I bet you have read it already anyway!

So you've served the pubstompers single handedly. However, game versions have changed, and solo carries are less effective than before, so we will have to garner a phenomenal unprecedent new technique in public games: TEAMWORK!

Chapter I: Understanding your team

Communication is a very important part of DotA. That is why many leagues require vent, so they can hear your little gay <insert racial slur here> voice.

For the lesser mortals, typing is the next best resort to convey your strategies, thoughts, emotions and suicidal tendencies to your team.

Every game has unique terminology, and DotA is no exception. Allow me to debrief you on deciphering the garbled messages that public game players often type:

Hi/Sup/Yo: Look at me, I know how to speak english!

Pick <HERO>: I heard that <HERO> is good, but apparently I suck at him.

Solo top/bottom: I've every intention of getting raped.

bbbbbbbb: I've got your back - oh wait, you're dead.

All missing: You are 5 milliseconds away from death by a 4 man gank.

Go heal at fountain: Don't bother, you'll revive with full hp and mana in a few seconds anyway.

Don't let <HERO> farm: <HERO> is now unstoppable carry.

No backdoor: I do not want you to win the game.

I'll ban you: Time to waste a few seconds of my life...

Come mid lets push: Come mid, let's all get raped.

<Pinging on minimap> + enemy pushing mid!: Someone else take care of it.

Come let's gank: Come, let's waste exp and gold going on a wild goose chase.

Stun <HERO>: Shit, <HERO> escaped again!

Heal me!: We don't have a healer.

Use AOE on their push: Don't bother, just lost our raxes.

Your hero imba: You picked the hero I wanted, good job!

WTF KS: Oh no, we should have let him get away!

Dota is a team game: My team covers up for my lack of skill.

Deny creep/tower: Give them another reason to leave.

<EXPLETIVE> YOU!: Well done, we've cut our losses - don't help me again next time.

WHERE THE #@Q$ IS MY TEAM?: I waltz into 5 enemy heroes.

Enemy at roshan COME: Let's all walk into a trap.

GG noobs you suck: I just won a pub game *orgasm*!

Chapter II: Picking heroes

Picking heroes in public games is a far more complex endeavour than picking heroes in private games.

The essence of victory hinges on making the correct picks.
There are a few roles in dota, and some heroes fit more than 1.

They are: Push, Carry, Support, AOE

The recommended pub team goes like this:
Carry
Carry
Carry
Carry
Carry

A very strong team would be: viper NS bloodseeker drow clinkz

Go figure.

Chapter III: Advanced concepts in laning

Going into a dual lane is more difficult than attempting a solo lane in pubs.

The reason why your team loses in lane control is because many players have the wrong mentality: That is, the point of you going to a dual lane is to assist your partner in dominating the other heroes.

BULLPOOP.

My view is that the objective of you gracing a dual lane with your presence is to outfarm and outdeny your ally.

Therefore you should always aim to:
1. Get more last hits than your ally
2. Deny more than your ally
3. Don't let your ally get any cash whatsoever

The rationale is simple, any cash that goes to a pubber instead of you is A HUMUNGOUS WASTE OF CASH!
And:

4. Make him leave because he cannot farm - ONE LESS PERSON TO CARRY!

Chapter IV: Advanced concepts in ganking

There was once a guy called dark knight gary. At first I thought he was homosexual from his playing style, but now I know that he is actually a very intellectually gifted player and I respect him a lot.

He plays rhasta, and he always gets dagger. He never, ever uses mass serpent wards if there are enemy heroes in the vicinity because that puts him in the line of fire. Count on him never to use shackle unless it's a 3v1 situation because things may go awry.

The only thing he ever does is farm and use fork lightning to get last hits on heroes. He builds up to aghs and refresher and then suddenly wins the game single handedly.

This, good pubbers, is the epitome of a smart ganker.

A few rules:
1. Even if you are a strength hero (eg. NS), you are never the cannon fodder.
2. Go in last.
3. Get dagger and blink out when you hit orange.
4. Don't buy desolator - it makes enemies attack you (ooh look, lets kill the guy firing RAINBOWS!)
5. Always take the runes. Always take regeneration, even if you are at full hp and mana, so you can spam more(that was old reg :) ). Always take invis, even if you are sa, because chances are, if your ally takes it he will screw up his attempted gank and die anyway. You're doing him a favour.
6. Allied heroes tank towers better than allied creeps.

Chapter V: Miscellaneous guidelines

1. When your team is attempting to roshan, stop attacking him once he hits red. Prepare yourself to last hit and get the aegis as fast as possible.

2. Do not make yourself a target. If you and your ally get ganked, don't stop to throw a stun. Run for your life into a fogged forest dead-end and use the tp scroll. I hope you have tp scrolls.

3. Most importantly - IF YOU DIE IN A PUB, YOU DIE IN REAL LIFE. DO-NOT-DIE!

(This will be updated with more helpful strategies as I acquire more time and ideas)

Happy pubbing!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 17:45 by maxmadness »

Offline FatalityMk

• Be Quick, Time Is Mana...
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The comprehensive guide to public games (Part 2)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 16:31 »
soo basically what are you trying to proove ?? this guide by my thoughts is just a waste of time reading...although i have to admit there are funny things to read :) and there are also some wrong things written and you should not waste ur time doing something stupid as this...

p.s. all of these things u meantioned u have experianced first hand :)

Offline maxmadness

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 18:25 »
These guides are the epitome of dota my friend they are apsolutely hilarious, I nearly fell off chair in laughter while reading.
There are a lot of these "guides"  and I have read most of them as I'm old forumer but not everyone know about these guides so I will add them here.

Of course most of these guides will be considered crap by some, but hey, they ultimately define us and we should at least recognize if not celebrate it.

Offline Canin

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 19:01 »
LMAO

Offline FatalityMk

• Be Quick, Time Is Mana...
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 19:25 »
hehe well yeah it is hilarious, 90% of what is written is true, it happends all the time...
and dont get me wrong i dont think guides are crap at all, i think they are very usefull for some people if the know how to use it..

but this is not a guide, this is merely a way to show reality :D

did not mean to hurt in any way, maybe you should change the name of the topic :D