Author Topic: Make ban mode harsher  (Read 3713 times)

Offline nicu

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Make ban mode harsher
« on: February 08, 2011, 21:55 »
The ban mode is to soft make it harsher.  For Leaving  and AFKing with reason make 2 warns system then perma ban.

For rest of rules make directly perma ban, they spam and mh with consciousness so for me is shame shit, there is no difference, they spam or ruine a game for ex...  cos they know they will recive accounts back after a while

Why i want that? cos they can make many accounts and they don't give a shit for current accounts if i leave i recive one weeak ok? so what ? i put in on 'pause mode' i creeate another account and play one week, after that  my best account is back and i play again with him so i dont lose nothing...

But if i have one warn(i chose two warns cos maybe first time we leav for a real problem)  i think again if i want to leave, next move is perma ban so i whold care more about my account i don;t want to start again from the begining with stats...

Many ppl don;t care about ban cos they wi'll recive accounts back and they dont lose nothing...

P.s. sory i know my english is bad, but i hope you understand the point.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 21:57 by nicu »

Offline Juggernaut99

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Make ban mode harsher
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 22:43 »
and if someone is getting a ban for >2weeks im really sure that 90% of people will cr8 new account so it doesnt matter if its 1week 2 weeks or 2months  im pretty sure they create new account, someone will create new account even if he gets banfor 10 minutes!
anyways you have good idea but in the new season everything will be changed, everything from the begining :D
hope it comes asap bcos im waiting for 3months for new season!!
regards

Offline nicu

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 08:13 »
if they recive always perma ban they shold care more about their accounts....
but maybe admins are afraid cos they lose players in this case, but instead many and retads is better few players and serious

Offline MiZiGe

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Spit on my karma!
  • Awards Patreon Supporter [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Eurobattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 12:19 »
I think that every moderator here can tell you, from experience, that even a one day long ban has a good effect on the player.

Offline kingW3

• Partimanijak
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 13:13 »
not for every player

Offline nicu

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 13:29 »
I think that every moderator here can tell you, from experience, that even a one day long ban has a good effect on the player.

you kidding right? you think they wait ban to expire? be serious man tell me now how many accounts do you have?  ;D

Offline kingW3

• Partimanijak
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 13:36 »

you kidding right? you think they wait ban to expire? be serious man tell me now how many accounts do you have?  ;D
he have 1 don't mess whit him he can ban your ip on server

Offline nicu

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 13:39 »
omg.. for no reason? i just speak with him... but things are not like he supposed they are....
 all players on pd have more then one account maybe admins and moderators don;t have...

Offline kingW3

• Partimanijak
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 13:50 »
i make new acc when i go low stats :):)

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 23:43 »

He does not need more accounts 2 reasons:

1. He is moderator on this bot

2. He is admin on bnet

So think again.
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Enjoyjoy your life
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 00:22 »

like button on this  ;D

Offline prins

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 00:16 »
I think he is right. Bans should be harder.

I play dota for many years. 5-6-7, dont now how long. I quit for a month and played 3games recently and i'm sure i wont play again for months. There is just no fun anymore because of leavers and flamers. ban their ip and make it weeks or months. Not a day or so

Offline LondonezZu

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 00:20 »
if they spammed and receive 2 warns.. they ban permanently?..

Offline nicu

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 19:24 »

He does not need more accounts 2 reasons:

1. He is moderator on this bot

2. He is admin on bnet

So think again.

i dont have account on bnet forum and i didnt know he is mod on this forum. Under his nick name is write... "xpam coordinator" seems like Spam coordinator? i mean coordinator of spammers?   ;D .. i joking

man londonez, that was my ideea but i think they are afraid to lose players (80% leavers mh-ckers, spamers, afks retards... ) if they ban in this mode.... few and betters than many and idiots, that was my point.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 19:27 by nicu »

Offline NEGERTIVS

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • podlac lukavi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2011, 12:54 »
I dont agree on harsher bans. After all the PD.eu justice system is not designed to keep every little rulebreaker out of the community for good, but rather to encourage them to learn and change their ways. Even with decent people it can happen every now and then that they leave or afk. Shit happens, do these people deserve long bans for that? I dont think so.

The real assholes - eg test mode abusers, hard spammers, serial leavers and MHers - already get long or permanent bans. Im not going to permban someone because he muted wrongly for the second time or something, it's way too harsh and even if it might be a good deterrent, permbans for basically nothing will happen. These people I imagine will be extremely angry and will not be keen to accept our rules and follow them in the future, but rather more inclined to say "fuck it" and go all out with their rulebreaking. Or leave the PD community, which will cost us many otherwise fine players who sometimes make mistakes (that's what our ban system is for, to correct them not expel them!).

Multiple accounts are a plague yes, but right now there is no reliable solution for that. IP banning might seem like a good idea, but isnt because of dynamic ips. Banning a whole IP range for a MHer means that half the MHer's city probably cant play on our bot again. Using really harsh bans will lead to us losing otherwise perfectly fine players and creating more rulebreakers instead of less.