Author Topic: Change !bl  (Read 3669 times)

Offline Beli13

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Change !bl
« on: February 05, 2011, 14:43 »
there are many players that abused LOST CONNECTON before by just turning off their router cause they couldent be baned but now when they can players that lose their connection for real get banned for nothing.can you make a rule that only players with bad score can get baned cause thats obvious that they dc on purpose and the players with good scores not get banned.I got baned 5 times for nothing i mean i never leave on purpose just have net problems sometimes.So if some host bans someone for no reason he could be baned aswell so he can learn not to do that again.

Offline XenyStyle

• WickedSick Member
  • Waarsshhhgggg!!! khm...khm..khmm damn this cold
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Change !bl
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 14:47 »
there are many players that abused LOST CONNECTON before by just turning off their router cause they couldent be baned but now when they can players that lose their connection for real get banned for nothing.can you make a rule that only players with bad score can get baned cause thats obvious that they dc on purpose and the players with good scores not get banned.I got baned 5 times for nothing i mean i never leave on purpose just have net problems sometimes.So if some host bans someone for no reason he could be baned aswell so he can learn not to do that again.

how would a bot know that u have good or bad score in the game? o.O
shit happens,write unban req and wait

Offline DuffMan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 15:04 »
Its not about score, its about proper hosting. If u got reliable, responsible hosts they will ban only ppl who obviously "plug out their cable in rage" not ppl who leave after 1 hour of balanced match, or ppl who left in 5 min after they kill somebody etc.
Youre right that hosts are really irresponsible and imho they abuse their powers in 75% of cases, but u cannot solve it by rule u suggested. Btw i cannot imagine how u fancy such rule - how will it work?

Offline Beli13

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 15:49 »
it would work.then you could request a ban for such host and now you cant you can only request a unban request as you said.

Offline Beli13

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 15:50 »

how would a bot know that u have good or bad score in the game? o.O
shit happens,write unban req and wait
[/quote]

and its not about the bot knowing its about the host.he should know that he cant just ban everyone for no reason!!!

totally_screwd

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 15:52 »
what if i have 8 0 and rest of my team is with bad score and I feel we will lose and plug?

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 16:04 »
Perhaps you should read rules again. If host bans person which had no reasons to leave or in other words - plug , host will get banned

Offline XenyStyle

• WickedSick Member
  • Waarsshhhgggg!!! khm...khm..khmm damn this cold
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 16:12 »
it would work.then you could request a ban for such host and now you cant you can only request a unban request as you said.

u can post a ban request for host for bad hosting,power abuse,bla bla

Offline DuffMan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 16:12 »
read rules properly. If host abuse his powers and ban u for no obvious reason - u will get unbaned and he will get baned. The real problem is - it take some time and somebody's effort to report, solve it - thats the real problem which cannot be solved by rule u suggested.

Offline Beli13

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 16:28 »
what if i have 8 0 and rest of my team is with bad score and I feel we will lose and plug?

thats true i think but there must be some cind of a solution to this problem!!

Offline DuffMan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 17:35 »

thats true i think but there must be some cind of a solution to this problem!!

The solution is that u have to make hosts more responsible. Nowadays noone cares about ban - coz u make new acc without problem and keep playing and being host. Think about this: http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php/topic,45593.0.html

Offline Beli13

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 19:01 »
i read that i think its good but still even if someone has expirience in dota doesent mean that he is not a TARD!!

Offline TiNisiDinamo

• Pro Member
  • Nothing smart written here
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 19:08 »
i read that i think its good but still even if someone has expirience in dota doesent mean that he is not a TARD!!
hm if he has more than 20 games means he thinks about stats so he dont do stupid things like someone with  0 games
Nothing smart written here too

Offline DuffMan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 20:26 »
hm if he has more than 20 games means he thinks about stats so he dont do stupid things like someone with  0 games
Finaly another person who know its not about number of games played, but about fear of being baned and being not able to host for some time.

Offline SwenCro

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2011, 17:56 »
Almost every host who banned me for losing connection,got banned for abuse of host power...