Author Topic: Host with PlayDota.eu. What am I doing wrong ?  (Read 2259 times)

Offline Sats

• Newbie Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Host with PlayDota.eu. What am I doing wrong ?
« on: February 01, 2011, 20:36 »
Hi! I know there's alot of guides on how to host with PlayDota.eu and so on, and I've read them all... but I can't get it right  :-\

I log in, enter the PlayDota.eu channel. Then I write "/w PlayDota.eu .map Legion TD War 2.8.w3x"
The map is loading, and I write "/w PlayDota.eu !gopub Legion -armmhgcbx3"
 I'm in the queue, and after a while I get a message: "Creating public game [Legion -armmhgcbx3] started by [Sats]" 
Then I go to the Game Lobby (I click G) and click on the game that I've created. It seems to work, but then I'm back at the Channel screen again...
Everything seems to work as I said, but I can't join the game... (I can join other games)

(I'm playing on Eurobattle.net btw)

Please some help! What am I doing wrong ?  ;)

edit: Forgot to say that I haven't opened any ports in my router.. but the guide doesn't says anything about that! Might that be the issue ? :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 20:44 by Sats »

Offline Psesz

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Host with PlayDota.eu. What am I doing wrong ?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 21:06 »
Im not sure and im too lazy to find right answer... but IMO u shoudn't cr8 game with "!gopub" command, but with ".gopub" command, i.e. ".gopub Legion -armmhgcbx3". Because I think u are creating DOTA maps with "!gopub" command and u dont have dota map so bot just kick u out[bot doesnt allowe dl DOTA maps].

So try ".gopub" instead "!gopub" after u set map by ".map" .

Remark: Im not experienced with custom maps, but in looby of game bot's commands should be with "." instead "!", i.e. ".pub", ".p", ".open" etc. As i said, im too lazy to find right answer[on this forum] or try it to myself... so... just try it yourself.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 21:15 by Psesz »

Offline MaNiaC

• Izvuci dim tebra , postani Deo Klana
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 21:23 »
That is custom map , If u wanna cr8 u need .gopub "game name" no !gopub , that is for Dota .

A.C.A.B.

Offline Geistesblitz

• Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 21:24 »
Post above is right, you must use .gopub instead of !gopub for custom games.

Offline Sats

• Newbie Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 23:09 »
Im not sure and im too lazy to find right answer... but IMO u shoudn't cr8 game with "!gopub" command, but with ".gopub" command, i.e. ".gopub Legion -armmhgcbx3". Because I think u are creating DOTA maps with "!gopub" command and u dont have dota map so bot just kick u out[bot doesnt allowe dl DOTA maps].

So try ".gopub" instead "!gopub" after u set map by ".map" .

Remark: Im not experienced with custom maps, but in looby of game bot's commands should be with "." instead "!", i.e. ".pub", ".p", ".open" etc. As i said, im too lazy to find right answer[on this forum] or try it to myself... so... just try it yourself.

Haha, no problem.. Don't spend your time on me ;)
BUT THANKS, it worked :) Very nice of you!

Offline tightrope

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 00:02 »
so this guy was using !gopub and pubbing dota games, but he coudln't join 'cause he doesn't have dota map. Case solved now, kewl

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 00:05 »
As i said, im too lazy to find right answer[on this forum] or try it to myself... so... just try it yourself.

Why would he search the forum? I mean why, it is dumb to search to forum, I will rather be "smart" and open new thread and waste more time than I need to search tech support and see everything there.
Hell why would I search there man, I wont see some other stuff there like:hosting ports, or how to connect to fawkz server when xpam is offline, or why would I search General forum thread, I mean I wont see there: HOW TO HOST GAMES WITH PLAYDOTA.EU BOTS topic, and I wont see there that our bot is availble somewhere else then bnet.
I mean why would I search the forum when I can post and pray that someone reply on my thread.

:P :P :P :P what to say than this: sarcasm rules.

Over and out I go sleep now :D.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 00:07 by mrNiceguy »
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline MaNiaC

• Izvuci dim tebra , postani Deo Klana
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 00:06 »
U didnt understand , He wants cr8 map Legion , and when he wanna start he use !gopub instead of .gopub , !gopub is for dota , and .gopub is for customs map.
A.C.A.B.

Offline Rocka

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • bewar doge
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 2nd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Legion TD Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Castle Fight Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 16:39 »
U didnt understand , He wants cr8 map Legion , and when he wanna start he use !gopub instead of .gopub , !gopub is for dota , and .gopub is for customs map.
Man you should become mod, youre so smart
I see trees of wow
such roses too
wow very amaze
for doge and you

20:24    THELOVEBELOW    [All]    everytime you kill es you save a unicorn
20:30    jeandarc    [Allies]    an*
20:33    jeandarc    [Allies]    learn english

Offline Sats

• Newbie Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 16:48 »
Hahaha... I really HATE all guys out there who think they're cool and rule the forum... I'm just asking a simple question, and hope that someone have the answer? What's wrong with that? That's what forums are for - getting answers!

Come on guys...

And btw, Thanks to all of you who answered kindly and helped me solving this easy problem :)

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 17:25 »
The problem is solved and just to prevent any future spam, I'm locking the thread.