Author Topic: Change !bl  (Read 3751 times)

Offline Shadow

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Change !bl
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2011, 18:14 »
I think that your suggestion has no point. Its all about removing hosting right from kids, or contant leavers.

Offline M4rkl4r

• ObeyYourThirst
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Life is like a vacuum cleaner, it sucks.
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Legion TD Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 20:21 »
I think it's better that you wouldn't be able to ban anyone who loses connection, but if you are almost sure that he plugged that you should post ban request and let the moderators take a look + it solves the ban abusing. It's like the opposite of how it is now, now you should post unban request and let the moderators look into it too to decide if you plugged or lost connection and got banned for no reason.

One of the bad things about this idea is that you have to post a ban request and aren't always in the mood to do it and the ones who actually got plugged would get away with it then.

An other one is an epic increase of ban requests.

But the way it is now is fine enough for me. Mostly your unban request gets dealt with pretty soon after you post it.

True story: http://i.imgur.com/PrkX0.png

Longest Introduction Topic

12:34      [All]   totally_StAlKeD killed Geh.TT. :D

totally_screwd

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 23:20 »
I think it's better that you wouldn't be able to ban anyone who loses connection, but if you are almost sure that he plugged that you should post ban request and let the moderators take a look + it solves the ban abusing. It's like the opposite of how it is now, now you should post unban request and let the moderators look into it too to decide if you plugged or lost connection and got banned for no reason.

One of the bad things about this idea is that you have to post a ban request and aren't always in the mood to do it and the ones who actually got plugged would get away with it then.

An other one is an epic increase of ban requests.

But the way it is now is fine enough for me. Mostly your unban request gets dealt with pretty soon after you post it.

First I thought same like this,remove ban to disconnects like votekicked ppl from hosts and let mods dedice,

then I realized it would increase the pluggers 3 times more(imagine till a guy gets banned he can plug 10 games in 2 days) and most ppl don't want to spend time making requests,best thing is current system imo if you lose connection wait few hours maximum for that account to get unbanned,most pluggers do not make unban requests cause they know it would be rejected,

Best solution is banning every disconnect/plug ( i mean regular hosts) and making unban requests for those who lost connection,we allready ban the abuser hosts if a guy discs with 3 0 in 5th minute  and gets ban and they started to learn I guess.

Like I wrote removing the !bl command for connection loss is dream of cheaters ^^

Ps: I like it this way cause disconnecting ruins games also,either way plug or disc ,you change the game critically and I do not unban many disconnects( I dont mean pluggers I mean people with poor internet who discs 1 2 times per day) cause they ruin many games even they dont want to.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 23:28 by totally_screwd »

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2011, 23:21 »
@M4rk1y0: A few months ago, the game owner was unable to ban a player that lost connection. People wanted it changed and so it has changed. Also, it has decreased the number of ban requests. I doubt that PD will look back to the old times.

On topic: If somebody can define 'good score' and 'bad score', it would be nice.
But I doubt that it will help. DotA is a team game.

Offline M4rkl4r

• ObeyYourThirst
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Life is like a vacuum cleaner, it sucks.
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Legion TD Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 01:19 »
Yeah, i think it should stay this way. Hosts should just think before they ban instead of 'Someone left... YES I CAN BAN!' but unfortunatly not everyone thinks that way, telling the host not to ban in certain situations where it's almost certain that it was a DC helps sometimes too i have experienced. But people can abuse that too... =/ by yelling 'BAN' while it's defenitely just a DC and the other way around (mostly when it's friends playing). It's hard to find a water proof solution to the DC or Plug problem..

True story: http://i.imgur.com/PrkX0.png

Longest Introduction Topic

12:34      [All]   totally_StAlKeD killed Geh.TT. :D

Offline Juggernaut99

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 17:43 »
what if i have 8 0 and rest of my team is with bad score and I feel we will lose and plug?
indeed smartguy!
when i got banned is some unfair way i post unban/ban request for me and host.
Almost every host who banned me for losing connection,got banned for abuse of host power...

y they got banned only one host that abused his powers he didnt get banned because the mod said that he has no warns and we will let him go this time....
im getting offtopic but thats why i posted banreq to get him a warn -.-

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Enjoyjoy your life
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 18:53 »
the nowadays system is the most stable if DC you post unban req and most of them are unbanned but in some case is hard but replay show the truth cause in most cases unplug is after some cruel lost battle or gang when score drops low and DCs are in most cases random during game like you just walk or in middle of fight where is mass you dont know result and data is high for some1s net or with positive score and winning game
in that case good host recognize that  or if thare is friend of DC guy just say he lagged of cause their skype or TS felt down and good host can do that but theres a lot of kiddies and they ban everybody but DCs got always good arguments to unban req and a lot of them play here for a longer time then the new ppl who are trying what this server can tolerate
so nothing to change until new bot release ;)

Offline kingW3

• Partimanijak
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 22:12 »
they should disable !bl so that they need to post ban request so leavers that leave almost every game don't get  warned

Offline dRagoLjuB

• dRagoLjuB
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Nowhere and Everywhere
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2011, 22:41 »
not everyone would post a banrequest

But if they would post a banreq. for every leaver mods will have much more banrequest to solve (70-80% are leaving on purpose)
So its better to !bl ( almost ) everyone , and if he feels unfair banned he ll write a unbanrequest  90%
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 22:51 by dRagoLjuB »

Offline konjusina

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 09:57 »
Almost everyone is getting banned for dissconnect, regardless of the score or game situation. I had net problems these days, got dc 3 times and got banned all 3 times, though I never pluged. So i had to make 3 new accounts to play dota ffs, got really annoyed. But i guess there will always be retard hosts, wouldn't know how to solve this...hosts with 50+ games rule is a good start.

Offline dRagoLjuB

• dRagoLjuB
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Nowhere and Everywhere
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2011, 12:33 »
so , try to fix ur net problems or wait for new bots ( gproxy )

Offline [db]stygian

• the ashes fell like snow...
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2011, 16:32 »
every host bannplayers  for losing connection,got banned right?