Author Topic: Sw33t_GirL's Art Work  (Read 16998 times)

Offline sw33t_girl

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • Live Your Dreams!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Sw33t_GirL's Art Work
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2011, 01:25 »
Oh to gain depth..

Imo dont make modified renders ,cut the in best way you can,than put them on signature and than try to blend with background... dont make renders that might not fir all sigs...

Hope u understood what i meant
I understood but PLN said do it to test if it looks better or not because it would help losing edges. It would worth a try  ;)

Thank you again PLN and Icypig for constructive comments.

Edit: Personally I think I fail at Fonts, any suggestion to improove my fonts are welcome  :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 01:28 by sw33t_girl »

I quit dota :<

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2011, 01:33 »
Just keep them close to renders (imo) because renders are focal points.

Focal is main part,something you want to see first ,also fonts needs to be close ,not to mowe your look from focal ,but not to be visable than focal.

Thats pro sig art.

Offline sw33t_girl

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • Live Your Dreams!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2011, 01:39 »
Just keep them close to renders (imo) because renders are focal points.

Focal is main part,something you want to see first ,also fonts needs to be close ,not to mowe your look from focal ,but not to be visable than focal.

Thats pro sig art.
My problem is making the fonts rather than placing them.

K I made it 400x120 and a bit different;
Ur version;

My version;

I didn't do much with colours. But just to show you how its like in smaller dimension.
Compare PLN's font and mine lol u will understand what I mean

Offline Rocka

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • bewar doge
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 2nd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Legion TD Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Castle Fight Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2011, 19:30 »
Could you send me the PSD file from rylai so I can show you what I ment with the Blur?
And for the fonts. I used to add as much blending options as I could when I started. But keep it simple, don't add too many blends. I usually have 1-2 blends, or even none and change it type. Don't keep it normal, try some vivead light or pin light. Just keep on scrolling that till you find the one you like most
I see trees of wow
such roses too
wow very amaze
for doge and you

20:24    THELOVEBELOW    [All]    everytime you kill es you save a unicorn
20:30    jeandarc    [Allies]    an*
20:33    jeandarc    [Allies]    learn english

Offline sw33t_girl

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • Live Your Dreams!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2011, 09:08 »
new sig  ;D
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2011, 12:03 »
Fonts fail , depth and flow :D lets say all fail required for advanced :d but prrogres because u nmade custom bg :)

Offline sw33t_girl

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • Live Your Dreams!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2011, 13:43 »
Fonts fail , depth and flow :D lets say all fail required for advanced :d but prrogres because u nmade custom bg :)
Actually, you fail icy... what was constructive in the sentence above?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

You know I'm not seeking GFX Advanced, I'm seeking suggestions and constructive comments... lol  ;D

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2011, 14:10 »
Actually, you fail icy... what was constructive in the sentence above?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

You know I'm not seeking GFX Advanced, I'm seeking suggestions and constructive comments... lol  ;D

I said what u failed...and u have each term in resorce page ;d

Offline Rocka

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • bewar doge
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 2nd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Legion TD Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Castle Fight Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2011, 17:56 »
new sig  ;D
Spoiler for Hiden:
I like it. But you should spend some more times in finding better fonts;
http://www.dafont.com/
There are quite amazing fonts out there. You should also work on the Opacity of the less important things. Like the Clan SSFF you added. I would make it less visible so it's hard to spot but that we can still know that was something you wanted to add. You have alot of different text. Try making it 1 text, It's easy to add these things together and most of the times looks better.

This is how you made your fonts, you use in my opinion alot of blending options, and the clan tag is clearly visible. The text are at different places.

Now how I made it. More doesn't mean it will make it better. The white suits well with the signature and to have a little bit difference I changed the Adjustment from the B&U Moderator text. I also duplicated it to make it more visible. I used the same Adjustment at the clan tag, but didn't duplicate so it's less visible. This way the clan tag will get less attention. But it is still in the signature.

And you took a render with different colours than your background. The render doesn't really ''blend'' with your background. There is an easy solution to fix this. I will show one way which is pretty easy. and btw, Thumbs up for your background, it really looks nice.

Here I have one without any smudge, just a background and a render on it.

Now I duplicated this layer (the render) 2 times, and I used smudge tool on these duplicated layers.
I changed the adjustment so it would look a bit better. It's not that good as example, but it blends better with the background. Just to show you how it can be done.

Overall I think you really improved, this looks way better then your other ones. Just keep on creating and you will learn more & more. I hope you can do something with what I gave since icypig was too lazy to give any idea's about how it could be done. YES LAZY ICYPIG YOU FAILED ::) :P. Next time take your time and write positive suggestions so she can actually work on it. Not just typ ''fail'' that wont help you and it will certainly not help Sw33t.

I see trees of wow
such roses too
wow very amaze
for doge and you

Offline sw33t_girl

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • Live Your Dreams!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2011, 19:13 »
YES LAZY ICYPIG YOU FAILED ::) :P. Next time take your time and write positive suggestions so she can actually work on it. Not just typ ''fail'' that wont help you and it will certainly not help Sw33t.
+1  ;D

This time i avoided blending options compared to sigs before and tried to keep it as simple as i can. Also because you all whined about dimension... this one is 400x120.

Well I wanted Clan SSFF to be noticable  ;D ;D ;D

The render is pretty much colorful which made me like it. But mainly you can see focused colors are pink & blue others are little.

I saw that blending technique before on your work but I did not want a "fancy" sig just a simple one so i did not do it :)

thank you for all of the suggestions and comments also the work u spent to give me examples  :)

P.S: Icy failed LOL

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2011, 19:55 »
I have no time to make pngs to show step by step..i can explain it in words...

I say what u failed and said at least what it should be done  u need to figgure out more by your self...

I keep repeating myself that some of you need to practise fonts position (pln is imba now) to be close to render (imo one my fav rules)

Also i said how to gain depth 5 times at least.... duplicate render layer smudge it outward and change adjustment on it like overlay or something...

Flow - hard to explain ,but deal is that each part of sig needs to be in some line ,or flow... and i mean brushes ,smudges (more less) c4d or something

Light sources - you need to see from where light comes from and to make some light source in many ways like :

Add flashlight effect or you make with soft white brush (also posted tut for that)

Offline Rocka

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • bewar doge
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2011, 20:16 »
Well I wanted Clan SSFF to be noticable  ;D ;D ;D
It can also be noticable and nice at the same time just scrolling down the adjustments is the solution.
I saw that blending technique before on your work but I did not want a "fancy" sig just a simple one so i did not do it :)
All that I really do is changing the adjustment. Just like I said above, scroll down all the adjustments and see if theres something you like. If you like something but it is hardly visible just duplicate the layer. If that is too much change the opaticy or change the adjustment of the duplicated one. Just try it out   ;)
I see trees of wow
such roses too
wow very amaze
for doge and you

Offline Rocka

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • bewar doge
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2011, 14:37 »
good job man keep better  ;) ;D
Could you please stop this bs spam? And did you even READ.
*Points at topic name: Sw33t_GirL's Art Work*
I see trees of wow
such roses too
wow very amaze
for doge and you

Offline Roronoa^^Zoro

• Revenge is like the sweetest joy next to getting..
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2011, 14:38 »
good job man keep better  ;) ;D

just lol'd

Offline sw33t_girl

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • Live Your Dreams!
    • View Profile