Author Topic: Suggestion for !sd command and adding on one addiction feature to the same  (Read 2488 times)

Offline Canin

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Heya,

I think it will be better if you disable !sd in the lobby and in-game but don't get me wrong, I don't mean everything just few features such as kills, deaths, assists, creeps killed, neutrals killed, well 2/3 lol. I'll explain better below.

The features from !sd I've mentioned above are useless in game & lobby, stats are irrelevant... dota is a team game so whenever you have 21/0/random or 2/11/random(kills,deaths,assists) means absolutely nothing, it shows that you like the steal kills or not wanting to sacrifice for the team(see below for more details, examples). I must admit tho, when I check for the stats of some player, the first thing I look into are the kill/death/assist and deny ratios, a big mistake but that's how the system seems to be working.

So the game I had few moments ago, one player checked the stats of another player and he told him, "Hey man, awesome kill ratio" on Serbian language, this only proves that most people in this community including myself fall for the same thing over and over again, again dota is a team game and people should stop paying so much attention to the stats.

Kill steal:
If you kill a player on low hp while your team mate is literally on his back often you're subdued to well questions and even insults because you decided to kill him. Well speaking from my own experience I had tons of people escaping from certain death because of this, I didn't want to steal, I couldn't care less about the kill, but because the drama that comes afterwards.
Same thing if you just watch and the enemy team mates arrive and help him escape.

Dying:
Perfect example for this is a game that I played about a week ago. We had a player playing the naga. Long story short: he never used his ultimate to our advantage as a team, only to save his "behind", people forget that sometimes it's best to sacrifice yourself so the rest of the team can escape, but I don't mean like feeding them lol.
Also, in team fights you can see people staying back or retreating prematurely because they don't want to "die" seriously, it's a game, nothing will happen to you in real life unless you have a heart condition.

I don't see a reason to go into more details about the other features
assists: Eww I have 17 assists and only 4 kills(figure it out why he says that.)
Creeps killed: lolfarmer
Neutrals killed: --^

Like I said, adding a new feature

"Disconnects" It would be nice if you can add such feature, being able to check and see who's a potential plugger, leaver or a guy with a bad connection.

I "came up" with this suggestion mostly thanks to Garena and their ladder system, they only have wins/losses/disconnects as far as I know lol.

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A player can check the stats with "/w playdota.eu !sd...", so this is useless.
About the idea - I don't like it.

Offline FatalityMk

• Be Quick, Time Is Mana...
    • View Profile
    • Awards
dude this is stupid...

i personally check the creep deny ratio to determine who is pro.... but i also go on forum and check to see if he plays noob games besides entering pro games...and then i see who i have to kick out and who i let to play... i also check the assist stats before i see what kills/deaths ratio he has...

ur idea sucks (no disrespect) but u will never find balanced games...

often 3-4 even 5 friends make a game and pick semi-pros with bad stats to play against them so they can be the best...

such things can never be balanced, u cant have white but not have black, u cant have good but not have evil...

accept the things as they are and try to make the best of it...

p.s. garena sucks soooooo hard!! :) 99% of the players use cheats...

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I think its good idea. Like Wins/Looses/Assists/Leaves( in % of played games).
We have this information from WWW statistics page... so why do not implement it into !sd
Another great weapon against plugers who dont want to ruin their stats.
Just imaginge "PRO" with score 8.4 / 3.9 / 9.2 / 12,4% . From now everyone know, that when he starts to loose, he will plug.

+ for Canin.
I believe this idea is VERY easy to implement and it may change players attitude while loosing (play to the end instead of pluging - more woth it).

@FatalityMK: you didnt get the point.
@ek0: you should like it. More useful info = less ban req (another pluger-game ruiner) and unban req (sorry! my mommy just cut power of becouse I was in school last time 2 weaks a go!)

Remember! Every single step to improve this bot, its a step into the better future of pd.eu.
So easy and simple things to implement can be added right away. No kilobytes of code and hours of work needed.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 21:43 by Resor »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    • Awards
No way this idea sucks. Stats say alot of things about a player believe it or not. Even if a player is 2/11 if he has decent k/d ratio and denies he should still be allowed to play. But most people with 2/11 W/L will have K/D ratio of 1-3/7-11

Offline Canin

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A player can check the stats with "/w playdota.eu !sd...", so this is useless.
About the idea - I don't like it.
Well disable that as well and btw, I didn't know that I can check someones stats by pming the bot so I'd imagine most players don't know that. So how many people who use this public bot know that you can whisper the bot and check for someone stats? 1% maybe 2%? Most people learn the commands by watching others, they don't bother to make accounts on the forums and become part of the community.

W/E, you think it sucks, I think it's useful.

@FatalityMk,
Like Resor said, you totally missed the point for this topic. Balance in the game had nothing to do with it, but with the statistics and players obsession with them.

Offline Canin

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
No way this idea sucks. Stats say alot of things about a player believe it or not. Even if a player is 2/11 if he has decent k/d ratio and denies he should still be allowed to play. But most people with 2/11 W/L will have K/D ratio of 1-3/7-11

I agree and disagree with you. People are just too obsessed with the stats, that's the whole idea of this thread and the stats are easily abusable.
If the make the command only with wins/losses/disconnects, denies and whatnot, I really think it will make the games more enjoyable.

Edit:

http://stats.playdota.eu/?p=gameinfo&gid=135600 Like that? the moment I joined that game they started it and since I can't leave the game when the countdown starts I had no idea whom I'm playing with.

If it was a regular game, it would have ended in uhm 28th minute instead they decided to farm for their stats.

So should I "cry" about being camped on the fountain and demand they get banned and/or hunted down in real life and have their throats cut infront of their families?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 23:08 by Canin »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    • Awards
well i dont think your solution for stats will solve problem, they are what they are. However, I think score system should be tweeked, and their should be some kind of auto balance implemented in bots, with the ignore slot parameter still in place for friends and such.I know most host wont take the iniative to balance on their own, and this should give this incentive on keeping noobs out of pro games.

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Im lost... We talking about aditional Leaves/Disconnects stats box? Or about balance games wich had no any connection with leavers/pluggers.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    • Awards
Heya,

I think it will be better if you disable !sd in the lobby and in-game but don't get me wrong, I don't mean everything just few features such as kills, deaths, assists, creeps killed, neutrals killed, well 2/3 lol. I'll explain better below.

The features from !sd I've mentioned above are useless in game & lobby, stats are irrelevant... dota is a team game so whenever you have 21/0/random or 2/11/random(kills,deaths,assists) means absolutely nothing, it shows that you like the steal kills or not wanting to sacrifice for the team(see below for more details, examples). I must admit tho, when I check for the stats of some player, the first thing I look into are the kill/death/assist and deny ratios, a big mistake but that's how the system seems to be working.

So the game I had few moments ago, one player checked the stats of another player and he told him, "Hey man, awesome kill ratio" on Serbian language, this only proves that most people in this community including myself fall for the same thing over and over again, again dota is a team game and people should stop paying so much attention to the stats.

Kill steal:
If you kill a player on low hp while your team mate is literally on his back often you're subdued to well questions and even insults because you decided to kill him. Well speaking from my own experience I had tons of people escaping from certain death because of this, I didn't want to steal, I couldn't care less about the kill, but because the drama that comes afterwards.
Same thing if you just watch and the enemy team mates arrive and help him escape.

Dying:
Perfect example for this is a game that I played about a week ago. We had a player playing the naga. Long story short: he never used his ultimate to our advantage as a team, only to save his "behind", people forget that sometimes it's best to sacrifice yourself so the rest of the team can escape, but I don't mean like feeding them lol.
Also, in team fights you can see people staying back or retreating prematurely because they don't want to "die" seriously, it's a game, nothing will happen to you in real life unless you have a heart condition.

I don't see a reason to go into more details about the other features
assists: Eww I have 17 assists and only 4 kills(figure it out why he says that.)
Creeps killed: lolfarmer
Neutrals killed: --^

Like I said, adding a new feature

"Disconnects" It would be nice if you can add such feature, being able to check and see who's a potential plugger, leaver or a guy with a bad connection.

I "came up" with this suggestion mostly thanks to Garena and their ladder system, they only have wins/losses/disconnects as far as I know lol.
The whole point of this topic is to make some way to make games more balanced

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    • Awards
The whole point of this topic is to find some way to make games more balanced.

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Wasnt it about additional future for !sd? It have nothing to balance...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    • Awards
maybe making stats more balanced? :-\
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 21:27 by Anonymous »

Offline Canin

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
maybe making stats more balanced? :-\

My point was, taking few features off the command because people are to obsessed with the stats but I guess no one cares/is interested.

Offline asd999

• View Profile
    • Awards
its true,people think stats say something but if u take a bunch of stealers against team players who dont give a fuck about stats guess who wins?I ignore stats,I dont even check them in my games,this is why this idea is great so u can really make something useful about those stats