Author Topic: About ingame rules  (Read 2274 times)

Offline maxmadness

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
About ingame rules
« on: April 15, 2010, 16:05 »
I think some radical changes needs to be done here on ingame rules.

You see I played many games on PD.eu and in some games you have situations like you have one noob/tard
in team and he is feeding like 0-7 in 15 min so you want to votekick him and you writte !votekick, you get 4 votes
from your team which is insuficient for kick because players from opposing team need to vote as well and there is the problem
they dont want to kick him I mean why should they? He is feeding them they are getting stats and they are not
obligated by rules to vote for kick so they dont vote and the other team continues to play lost game with excessive feeder

And that is one of the thing that needs change I mean why ask opposing team to kick noob from "our" team
when they dont have any reason to kick. So if sentinel wants to votekick player from their team scourge shouldnt be asked to vote for such action.

There is another thing I'd like to add.

It is new command to forfeith game it works like rmk but only players from loosing team should use it when they
are sure they already lost game like they are having 5 late gamers versus 5 early pushers or team score is 25-7 in 17 min of game or whatever the situation is,
game is lost and they are wasting and time feeding as the opponent team doesnt really rush with ending game (collecting stats) so here is where !ff command is needed. The command should end game when everyone from one team vote, all stats are collected and the game is finished as the team who voted for ff lost the game ofc.

I think this command will improve quality of PD.eu games a lot as "we" really felt it missing in certain games.

Thank you for reading and patience.

Offline X-PLODE

• Pro Member
  • Jimmy Eat World!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: About ingame rules
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 16:15 »
!sprout

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 16:16 »
Forfeit command is oversuggested and discussed.
About the vote kick: It is a vote.

Offline mojoritarian

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 21:07 »
EKO so why do you think !ff shouldn't be implemented?

Or if it is already discussed could you kindly provide a link to that discussion?

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 21:33 »
!ff command was already implemented long time ago but

Stats can't be saved correctly easily when you use !FF command, that's why it's been removed.

The !FF command is definitly needed. Imagine: no kills at fountain, ability to end the game when plugger/noob in team etc.

Problem is it's very hard (maybe impossible) to save stats when game is ended with !ff command.

DotA map sends stats data to the bot when throne/three is destroyed. Implementing a !ff command is easy but when scourge/sentinel use !ff to forfeit the game and players leave throne/three is still not destroyed and DotA doesn't send stats data to the bot meaning... you got no stats to save.

According to ATeaMPlaYeR this could be changed soon: http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php?topic=2778.0

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 09:57 »
Is it possible after either team decide to !ff and game comes to the end, dota map sends incomplete data to the bot?
It may happend when !ff command passes.

Offline mojoritarian

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 11:47 »
!ff command was already implemented long time ago but

Stats can't be saved correctly easily when you use !FF command, that's why it's been removed.

The !FF command is definitly needed. Imagine: no kills at fountain, ability to end the game when plugger/noob in team etc.

Problem is it's very hard (maybe impossible) to save stats when game is ended with !ff command.

DotA map sends stats data to the bot when throne/three is destroyed. Implementing a !ff command is easy but when scourge/sentinel use !ff to forfeit the game and players leave throne/three is still not destroyed and DotA doesn't send stats data to the bot meaning... you got no stats to save.

According to ATeaMPlaYeR this could be changed soon: http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php?topic=2778.0

This clears it up.
What about disabling the !ban command after one team ffs? Just an idea. Other team could then rush throne fast...

Offline maxmadness

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 11:41 »
This clears it up.

In fact it doesnt.
You see in SS where i played long ago same !ff command was implemented without negative effect on stats.

So, my friends admins and mods seems to me like you got a job to do.