Author Topic: Backdoor is beautiful?  (Read 5897 times)

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Enjoyjoy your life
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
Re: Backdoor is beautiful?
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2010, 10:15 »
Why isnt tp a good solution? If it's a bothersome clinkz backdooring, TP + dust should solve it. If they picked heroes like brood or furion then simply get AoE casters to rape their creeps.

See how bd adds an extra element to the game? You actually have to think about hero picks and be wary of missing heroes like clinkz. If a bd / mass push strategy is so uncounterable, why isnt it used all the time in high profile games?
+1

This is simple how it is. Backdoor is possible, yet hard strategy, which has been integrated to the game. If enemy Furion teleports your base nad destroys tree/throne 3 seconds before you do, than you deserve to loose (you know they have furion. You have things like tp and glyph. End of story).
true story, agree every strategy is counterable counter pics and TPs, you have to predict, cause the strategies are obvious with picked heroes at start of the game, you only have to know which enemy use  8)

Offline NEGERTIVS

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • podlac lukavi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2010, 14:14 »
Backdoor is supposed to work sometimes. Otherwise it would be a useless strategy to begin with.

+1 D:

Offline IceFrog

• Advanced Member
  • Warning! Pro joined game!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2010, 23:55 »
You remember old spammers: "bd!! Fu nub bd mothefckr,idiot bd,etc... " and before without switch command? And what about(my first playing versions )  all items has yellow scroll icon?
Don't mess up with me >.<

Offline Z44gh

• Advanced Member
  • Awards 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2010, 02:04 »
I was just wondering, at this moment, is it or isn't it allowed to use BD on Furion. And if not, then is it allowed on Wisp.

Today I have found myself in a game with Wisp-riki-sniper. We got to really late game so sniper had items that made him crit 900. Now, at some point, they were losing so they figured it would be better to go backdooring to win. Usually, I dont really mind BD, but with a wisp, a TP is fairly useless. Once you even get there, the heroes are long gone or instantly rape you as they have 1000 increased attackspeed.

I am really not agreeing with worldmap TP heroes that are allowed to backdoor. It is impossible to defend, specially against a wisp. Wondering how you guys think about this.

Cheers.

ps. Link of the game if anyone is bored enough to watch the full replay ^^
http://stats.playdota.eu/?p=gameinfo&gid=1022589

Offline vaikiss

• MonsterKill Member
  • Imbalanced Gaming 4 Life
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Troll Madness Winner [UNIQUE] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • QuakeLive-Best Fps EVAH!
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2010, 02:09 »
hehe wisp is truly bd master yesterday i was playing gondar and wisp tether + att speed skill on me and we took tower down like np

God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Offline M4rkl4r

• ObeyYourThirst
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Life is like a vacuum cleaner, it sucks.
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Legion TD Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2010, 02:53 »
In some games BD is taken to a higher level, I was playing this game and i just BD'ed 1 lvl 2 bottom tower and 5 minutes later it was a backdoor war, the normal playing routine was over xD 2 Heroes defending base and 3 heroes BDing was the strategy lol.

True story: http://i.imgur.com/PrkX0.png

Longest Introduction Topic

12:34      [All]   totally_StAlKeD killed Geh.TT. :D

Offline Z44gh

• Advanced Member
  • Awards 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2010, 17:16 »
That may be, however, backdooring with heroes that can TP cross map is too lame imo. Specially with wisp as its undefendable.

Offline NEGERTIVS

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • podlac lukavi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2010, 22:45 »
That may be, however, backdooring with heroes that can TP cross map is too lame imo. Specially with wisp as its undefendable.

koop linkens! Universal solution!  ;D

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Enjoyjoy your life
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2010, 23:11 »

koop linkens! Universal solution!  ;D
linken very good on wisp, need regen and stats cause got fu low stats and stat gain and spell block is priceless to protect wisp  ;) even if wisp is support and ganker it dont need to much items that do smth cause its abilities are strong enough if used right way so linken is available 8)

Offline PerverzniUm

• Advanced Member
  • i am always right no question about that
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2010, 23:52 »
its good when it works!
ex: just yesterday i played a game 3v3 axe atro and me clinkz vs pudge veno and junero/left the game 33 min.
so my guys kept steeling my kills i ended whit like 11 assist and decided its time to stop screwing around, pudge got 2 strong and we would have lost the game but BD + ww + 1st spell and arrows ended the game well i died 4 times/buy back ofc and again BD while f axe was in woods at  like 54th min LOL and atro had no hex ... thx to bd we like won the stupidest game i ever played whit clinkz.
An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry PerverzniUm, you are banned from using this forum!
Insulting moderator
This ban is set to expire November 17, 2010, 11:05 pm.

My words:
all they do is spit on you and every1 else ! and wow what a dumb asw u got!

Offline Rocka

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • bewar doge
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 2nd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Legion TD Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Castle Fight Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2010, 22:27 »
I love backdooring. any dmg hero + wisp overcharge lvl 4 ::)
I see trees of wow
such roses too
wow very amaze
for doge and you

20:24    THELOVEBELOW    [All]    everytime you kill es you save a unicorn
20:30    jeandarc    [Allies]    an*
20:33    jeandarc    [Allies]    learn english

Offline vaikiss

• MonsterKill Member
  • Imbalanced Gaming 4 Life
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Troll Madness Winner [UNIQUE] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • QuakeLive-Best Fps EVAH!
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2010, 02:58 »
http://stats.playdota.eu/?p=gameinfo&gid=1037004

god bless backdooring and 4 retards in my team <3

God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals