Author Topic: Ideas for better quality games  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Obst

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ideas for better quality games
« on: April 11, 2010, 23:07 »
Ok, so there are roughly 2 types of dota games: dota for noobs and dota for pros. My suggestion is mostly aimed at the "expert" games.

So I have created a dota "pro" game and players are joining. Now I have to check every player by typing !sd playername, then I kick the noobs out, new players join and the process repeats itself, until 10 decent players have joined. Everything usually takes ~10 minutes. Why?- because I have to write !sd, they have to check for name spoofs, etc.

My suggestion: automatically display a players stats (score included), when he joins a PD.EU game. This should be easy to implement, because bots have that function :)
I believe this would lower the amount of spam in game lobby and would help the host to launch the game faster and sort the noobs from the pros.

My 2nd suggestion: Score limit. The owner of the game could use a command, which sets a lowest score limit for players to have before joining, i.e. a player with a score -3 couldn't join a game with a scorelimit of 1. The trigger could be !limit. e.g, "!limit 1" would set the limit at 1 and only players with a score of 1 and above would be able to join this game.
This would once again help us players, looking for a good game without them noobs. The command would be optional, and would be off by default.

Discuss? :)

Offline Boramir

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • hmm?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ideas for better quality games
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 00:20 »
very good thinking.. i was thinking about that auto !sd thing also... it really makes you tired checking all the time..
limit can be for score or K/D ratio .. it couldbe command like [!kd 2] which allows people K-D>2 . or for the people who check denies only it could be [!deny 3] same type as the !kd.
Quote from: vluggejappie
omg noob bora owned us:S
[p]
i heard from several people that boramir sucks at dota and in rage he always is PLUGGER

s1ckboy

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 01:49 »
1st suggestion was already discussed and rejected, but 2nd is rly nice imho and should be implemented.

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 15:44 »
I agree with s1ckboy about second, like that we will have less request about, noobs in pro games, and about pros in noobs games!

Respect!
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 15:52 »
Actualy second is the best idea what I'd read from longer time, to prevent mega-noobs or create-new-account ppl to join games.

True. Every game I must check players score in lobby. Its my duty to take responsibility for the game. I dont want to have mega-noobs or feeders in my game whatever side they would like to play.

First idea was rejected but I still must check players manualy :P This is the same way to make spam :P

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 19:13 »
Actualy second is the best idea what I'd read from longer time, to prevent mega-noobs or create-new-account ppl to join games.

that was my idea for create new accounts pp to join games, like that we would prevent them to do stuff they like to do: plug, flame, spam, feed.......

I personally always kick ppl without at least 10 games played at pd bot!
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.