Author Topic: Continuation  (Read 10669 times)

Offline Sauzer

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Continuation
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2010, 08:25 »
I dont think all the rules r very clear, for examle there is not a definition of what means "bad host / bad behaviour" or i dont like bd allowed but I find rules on leavers not bad.
Leavers r very different, but if u write a rule that allows disconnecting means that ppl have a right to disconnect and admins cant do nothing.
It's better dont give the right to disconnect and leave to the admin/mod the choice if unban or not.

A mod that have to decide an unbar req of a player that has disc 20 games maybe can refuse.

A mod is a sort of "judge"; There r judges in every Countries and u have to accept this

I dont agree all what they decide but I accept their decisions

PS:dont play only 4 stats, enjoy the game!
PPS: I find a feeder worts than a leaver and there is not a rule that allows the host to ban feeder
! PSR = Pointless System Rating

Offline lobotomy

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2010, 12:33 »
I think it's stupid to write a rule for something that is clear
we do not need a separate disc rule because there are situations that are always different, so it's good if a mod decides
its sad that some people just come here to quarrel, and inability to argue, and the first serious answer crushes them (like fnelleh)

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2010, 13:53 »
@ Negertives & co.

You seem to still miss one very important piece of the puzzle.

Loosing connection doesn't equal leaving
not on this bot.

Why? Using simple legal theory: Because the court (mods) said it. The moderators are acting (and they have always been acting) like leaving the game (voluntarily), unplugging (terminating connection on purpose) and loosing connection (due to the techincal failure) are three different things.

You may and you probably do disagree with it. However that simply doesn't matter. On this bot it is simple tradition, it can only change if either the rules change, or the mods deciding practice will change.
If you don't like court practice in your country, the only effective way to change it is to sway majority of the
parliment to your side.

Summary: From the legal viewpoint loosing connection is legal. Not completely because there were cause where you could recieve warning or even ban for multiple or suspicious dc. However it is not mention in the rules and you can't simply ban these  people (unless you can claim they have plugged, but thats different story).

It is simple as kill stealing. If there is zeus in your game who is just farming & running from fight, then using ulti 150 hp hero which you have damaged. You will hate that person, he will probably loose you the game. Bat you can't ban him neither request him to be banned, there is no mention of kill steal in the rules, therefor its legal. End of story.
Quote from: ArmyMaN^E^
in that game no mh man becaus all games in start i type -ah

Offline fnelleh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2010, 14:28 »
Wow Zerind, you score a 12 on the ragemeter! (If you don't know, a post with excessive smileys, 12 here, shows that you are raging while typing) I must have hit a very sensitive spot (was it the Asperger's, was it the worthlessness of your time? Only you and God can tell). I am definitely pleased.

I will respond to every sentence.

Let's also analyze that post while I answer, shall we?
Well done, you indeed analyzed it while you were answering. Maybe you should have analyzed it before you answered.
Stupid, useless and mindless flame.
I actually never flamed directly in my post, but you have said the following:
You are a sorry little asshole.
U are just too dumb to understand.
just idiotic, loser flames on an internet forum. Congratulations! Retard.
Please, pull your head out of Neger's ass, or get your own body for your schizo peronality
Then reread this:
I'm not a hypocrite.
Right.
That part of my post was for Nege, and for him only. U are just too dumb to understand
I responded to you as if the part of your post was intended for NEGERTIVS, as you say it was. Therefore I make no mistake at all, and your criticism is just completely based on nothing. Maybe you're the one not smart enough to understand my reply?
"Your eyesight blah-blah" you say, stupid flame again, but my "u're too dumb..." words above answered that part on its level correctly.
You're completely ignoring a point I made about several unbiased people on the forum agreeing with NEGERTIVS.

The 40% rule only applies in the first 10 minutes. After that, 4v5 is hardly ever remade. Like <5%. So, in the first 10 minutes, yes, it is remade. But that is discussed separately in my previous post. After minute 10, very few times is the game remade.
As this topic is partly about people leaving while loading, wether or not they ruin a game and wether or not a host should be allowed to ban him, my given estimated statistics were obviously about the first 10 minuts of the game.
That is nice. Thankfully, there are MANY people hosting games. So if Neger finds he has no time to wait for another 10 minutes, he can simply join a game.
If he chooses to host, guess he has time to wait.
You're missing the point completely. It doesn't matter that a host can join a game. When someone leaves early, there will always be a host in that game that loses a larger lobbytime than the joining players, in this case NEGERTIVS.
But why not let him answer that? My "opportunist" little bro.
You obviously don't know the meaning of the word opportunistic, there is nothing here which would define me as such. If you don't understand a word you see, just ignore it, don't try to use it in your own post.
Pffff u feel sorry for me? Why? U know nothing about me. I can handle my time, thx. And when I decide to waste some time on a computer game, I don't get all worked up if I don't get my dosage ASAP.
If you're making an attempt to imply that I do, you're again basing this on absolutely nothing.
You have a tight schedule? Eeeee, let me just not get started on this, and what "fun" means for you, ok?
This doesn't say anything, nor does it imply anything.
Anyway, I'm sorry if your precious dota time has been wasted a few times.
Thanks! Sometimes it sure has been.
Please, pull your head out of Neger's ass, or get your own body for your schizo peronality, or learn to step out of your brother's shadow.
You're just trying to find a weak spot of which I am insecure. You obviously fail. They are as factual as you claim my posts to be.

And don't try to answer instead of him, u just can't do that.
I'm not answering for him, I'm speaking for myself.
Sorry if I made u upset
No problem, not a single emotion was experienced. Well, apart from being pleased that is.
u made me smile
Probably in the way that enraged people smile when they think they get their revenge.
Next time, try to keep personal insults to the minimum, and stick to factual arguments. If you can't, better not say anything.
Why are you posting a reply then?

I'm not a hypocrite.
Stays funny.

I felt this needed to be done. But as I don't have a lot more to say about the actual subject in the topic, this will be my last post in this topic. And unlike night_must_fall, I am true to my word. Therefore: goodbye.

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2010, 14:38 »
@ Negertives & co.

You seem to still miss one very important piece of the puzzle.

Loosing connection doesn't equal leaving
not on this bot.

Look, i dont think everyone is arguing with that (shit happens), but only with the fact that banning a disconnecter should not be considered ban abuse. Because as niceguy said, a host cannot know if the guy disconnected on purpose or not (except of course when you see the guy lagging the whole game, complaining about delay or similar) nor does he have the time to check the players gaming history, bans, disconnects etc. Hosting a game usually takes much more time for the host than the player that just joins in,

So why should it be so hard for the disconnecter to write a simple unban request which will probably be dealed with within minutes? Admins would not have any more or less job solving those unban requests than solving the ban requests for those same disconnecters. Recently, i got disconnected from a game twice in a week, got banned both times. I wrote an unban request, the request was solved within half an hour, and I could play again. Problem solved, everyone happy.

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2010, 15:01 »
But it does work like that. Similary as to your case. The host sometimes gets banned or warned  because he lets say ban person with 20-1-45 who lost conn 10 seconds before the tree fall. In other cases u simply have to wait for unban.

But this is not the Negertivers's case. He banned person who dced immidietaly after the game start. Yes u must remake the game which u have polished in lobby for 15 minutes. Yes it is annoying.
But

When player quits right after the start one of these scenarios happened.

1) He tried to leave the lobby but didn't make it due to delay/lagg. This isn't the players fault (if he has crappy conn the host is supposed to kick him before !start), since the warcraft for unknown reasons executes the quiting animation first and then removes you from the lobby. In next bot release the countdown should be for 10 seconds solving this problem.

2) He pressed alt+f4 during load screen. This is definitly leaving and should be punished.  Rules says he will recive 1 warning. Why so little? Imo : When players starts a game there is presumption he wants to play it. Ergo sum he has no reason to press alt+f4 during load screen unless something serious has happened. If he is brain damaged retard who quits it while thinking HAHAHAHAHA ANoTHeR GaMe RuInED ME PRO, he will be warned multiple times and eventualy banned.

3) He lost the connection during the load screen.

4) There is some weird sync bug which will put you onto scoreboard right after the game loads. Happened to me twice and it always happened to some1 else as well.

Summary: Negertivs KNEW that the player didn't leave/unplug but lost connection. He banned him because his game was ruined by "some retard who can't fucking buy new pc and plays on 0.99 E adsl". This is ban abuse IMHO and should be punished. Especialy when it happens for multiple times. And night_must_fall were always punishing ban abuser harshly, i do have experience with this.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 15:05 by ArizaelCZ »

Offline DAZDINGO

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2010, 19:50 »
But if modz cant ban when they are not right then why i got banned by lilthug herhe: http://stats.playdota.eu/?p=gameinfo&gid=935301

That's clearly noty a plug i was owning.

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2010, 20:13 »
Can'T see it from the game. Post your ban request.

Offline Zerind

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2010, 20:45 »
Arizael +1
(lobotomy too, but man do you use google translator?...)

Domagoj, I absolutely agree that it takes a long time to post a ban request, but:
I still hold that if sy hosts a game, it is not just absolute power for him, but responsibilities too.
So, by hosting, he accepts some duties and responsibilities too. He accepts that he has to ban rule breakers,  that he has to take time and effort to check everyone in the lobby, to use !mute, !muteall properly and to the benefit of the game, and that in cases of doubt, he has to post a request on the forum.
If someone feels this is too much, he shouldn't host games.

Kinda like being mod: it is a lot of duties. If you don't have the time or will to do it properly, don't do it.

It is true though that host doesn't deserve 2 weeks of ban for ban abuse. Well, at first, that is. 1 day, 2 day maybe. But Neger knew the rules, he had done this before and got banned for it. He had huge arguments here about them, and he still went on and banned a DC-er. That is just being stupid, like trying to steal the gun from a police officer. In a police department building. In Kenya.
You just don't do that. Or if you do, don't be surprised if you get shot 50 times in 10 seconds.

The End, the rest is just a reply for that internet kid personality of Negertius. :)

:D fnelleh...
It is very funny how internet kids claim to know my moods, intentions, fellings etc. But this only means one thing: u feel these things, and project them on me. Nvm, I won't bother answering to your flame-rages.
If you can collect the less then 10% facts to a separate post, I'll reply. But this mumbo-jumbo of yours just doesn't worth the effort. Talking to you is like talking to my cat: I have told him a million times not to hunt for the mouse pointer on the screen, he just ignores it. His brain is too little, u know. ;)
Btw, my smileys are for real: I really AM enjoying this.
But, the rest of this community is not interested in your blank and failed tries to guess my personality, and neither are they interested in my enjoyment in mocking you.
So, if u can stay factual, I will be too, as I have been in my 1st post. If u can't, I won't, like in my second. This is not hypocrisy (boy, u must love this word). (Opportunism: u're joining games too, aren't u? So, u're the same as me. Oops.) Nvm, it is good either way. If you can be civilized, we can talk. If not, I can have good laughs.

Offline DAZDINGO

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2010, 02:36 »
I post unban request it was mod banning a disc without reason lol.
mods wont ban a fellow mod lol see topic

Offline LiLThuG

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • LiLThuG
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2010, 09:09 »
I post unban request it was mod banning a disc without reason lol.
mods wont ban a fellow mod lol see topic

I banned you for starting the game as soon as i entered the lobby and not letting me check players !sd...
Reason for your ban --> bad host

Anything else you wanna say??

Offline Geistesblitz

• Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2010, 11:02 »
These things are being worked on, I would really appreciate it if these threads stopped.