Author Topic: Continuation  (Read 10519 times)

Offline vaikiss

• MonsterKill Member
  • Imbalanced Gaming 4 Life
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Troll Madness Winner [UNIQUE] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • QuakeLive-Best Fps EVAH!
    • Awards
Re: Continuation
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, 18:25 »
If they have lame connection why they r playing mp games and wasting time of other players as i said before if u cant ban plugers make them bannable by request only like before

God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2010, 18:36 »
If they have lame connection why they r playing mp games and wasting time of other players as i said before if u cant ban plugers make them bannable by request only like before
Yes, I agree that such players should be banned, only if they join and ruin many games.
But if it happened only once, I don't know why should the host waste your time writing an unban request.

Offline vaikiss

• MonsterKill Member
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Troll Madness Winner [UNIQUE] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 18:41 »
Personaly i dont have much patience so if it takes 20 mins in lobby  to start obviously that il ban guy who wasted 20+ mins of mine and 8 other players

Offline fnelleh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 18:44 »
Personaly i dont have much patience so if it takes 20 mins in lobby  to start obviously that il ban guy who wasted 20+ mins of mine and 8 other players
Agreed. If you have a shitty con, or get disconnected by coincidence, and you ruin the lobby time for 9 other players the least you can do to make up for this is post an unban request for yourself.

Offline fnelleh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 18:46 »
What do you think that we cant ban your ip and track all of your nicknames if you made mistake? You are wrong, we can do that in like second but we rarely doing that cause we think that everyone (except MHckers) deserve second chance.

From now on I will ban anyone from forum who insult contributor here.
Welcome in China everyone!

PS Edit: Sorry for doublepost.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 18:48 by fnelleh »

Offline AliRadicali

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 18:52 »
Yes, I agree that such players should be banned, only if they join and ruin many games.
But if it happened only once, I don't know why should the host waste your time writing an unban request.
Guy, if you agree that a bad connection is something the player should be held accountable for, then why don't you let us ban them? They can still post unban requests so if it's their first time, they can get an unban. But at least this way all cases of leaving are recorded.

I don't think it's fair to force a host to post a warn request to get a lagger punished for ruining games.

Offline NEGERTIVS

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • podlac lukavi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 19:31 »
Repeating myself again ek0:
A player's connection and computer configuration should be his responsibility. Ofcourse it's the player's fault if he expects to play dota with videocard drivers from '94 and a 64k isdn or an 8 euro/month crappy ADSL conn and then drops. A bad connection or bad equipment is a players own fault.

Now I'm not even opposed to giving a warn for a first offense, shit happens. The rules don't say anywhere that a disconnect is a valid reason for leaving. So it all comes down to interpretation of a rule that is not vague at all: players must not leave. Even though this player might not leave deliberately, he is still a leaver, and he is still responsible for ruining the game for nine other people. So let's look at the two options we have for dealing with this kind of leaver:

Option 1: The host or one of the other players whose game he just ruined have to take an extra 5 or more minutes (in addition to the 15 minutes it already cost them) to post a banrequest for him, sometimes even only for a warn.
Option 2: Have the leaver go through the trouble of requesting an unban, making him see that he in fact did ruin a game for 9 other people, and encouraging him to improve his connection, hardware, or configuration.

So would you rather make the host or one of the other players make a banrequest, thereby punishing them for this player's failure to have the adequate equipment? It's his own responsibility, if anyone should go through extra trouble, it's him. Also, what host or player would make an entire banrequest just for a warn? This way early leavers won't ever be punished at all, because who would bother?

Also: hotbbq said "threatening people for ban abuse bans", not actually banning them. Ofcourse having a rule against ban abuse is necessary and important. Threatening people with bans however is absolutely retarded and unneeded.

------------------------------------------------

@hotbarbecue: Ohhh so that's what a "contributor" is. Since you have zero actual content to contribute I shouldve known it was about cash. So if I spend like 10 euro's I'll get complete immunity from the rules and I can get people banned when they get annoyed as I spam them? Sounds like a good investment for trollin', which seems to be what you are doing. It also sounds like corruption. Please keep "yo momma" and your serbian insult dictionary, don't need either of them.

Half your post was not relevant, the other half has already been addressed in previous posts.

------------------------------------------------

Tracking ips? Baseless ban threats? Giving people rule immunity for money? Welcome to DPR Korea indeed.

Offline XenyStyle

• WickedSick Member
  • Waarsshhhgggg!!! khm...khm..khmm damn this cold
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 19:40 »
+1
i love this man

Offline vaikiss

• MonsterKill Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 19:50 »
Make it +2 now lets w8 for the replay of goverment

Offline XenyStyle

• WickedSick Member
  • Waarsshhhgggg!!! khm...khm..khmm damn this cold
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2010, 19:56 »
we r going to jail if that happens...
Btw,dont pick up the soap,i heared ppl who do that will be punished...

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 20:16 »
Negertivs has a point there, why should it be so hard for the banned player who disconnected during loadscreen to waste a minute or two to write an unban report, if there were 9 people who probably lost at least 10 minutes just to rmk the game at beginning. I also got banned two times (it think) last month, when i was having some problems with the ISP. Wrote an unban request, and in half an hour i was able to play again. Problem solved, no hard feelings, no need to ban the host. Ban abuse, in my opinion is valid in situations where host bans a player that excuses himself before leaving, or has the approval of the rest of the players.

Offline PerverzniUm

• Advanced Member
  • i am always right no question about that
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2010, 20:26 »
+ i agree on all points

oh i wanted to add , one more thing about rmk/host game.
for example a game has been hosted 15 min in game and host leav  wut to do now?
1. before it was able to !setowner player name and ban him  now not any more = was great option in my opinion
2. u go www.playdota.eu and make a ban request to get him banned but there is a disadvantage in this who has the will to do it and / who will remember to do it, takes to long when ur allrdy pissed cos that mfo left
An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry PerverzniUm, you are banned from using this forum!
Insulting moderator
This ban is set to expire November 17, 2010, 11:05 pm.

My words:
all they do is spit on you and every1 else ! and wow what a dumb asw u got!

Offline vaikiss

• MonsterKill Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2010, 23:32 »
So conclusion: we need "plugers" 2 be banned by request only and !owner comand when host leaves

Offline yaphets_

• Nevermore Master
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2010, 08:24 »
NEGERTIVS  you talk alot!!!....

Youre target is to spamming here.....
who had never made a mistake, has never tried anything new ;)~albert einstein

Offline vaikiss

• MonsterKill Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2010, 10:27 »
NEGERTIVS  you talk alot!!!....

Youre target is to spamming here.....
go to google and read what spam is nab