Author Topic: ap mode ...  (Read 6775 times)

Offline FatalityMk

• Topic Author
  • Be Quick, Time Is Mana...
    • View Profile
    • Awards
ap mode ...
« on: December 28, 2009, 15:43 »
i have a topic about -ap modes... why do people play ap instead of any other game mode? i mean ap is for noobs and when i search for a game i find many ap games and even pubed as PRO games lol ... that is funny for me, real pros play with what they are given for example in ar mode or to choose from 3 heroes like sd mode... i realy hate ap cuz the only heroes that are picked are axe, tauren, sniper or trax, viper etc... can u people the real PROS stop playing ap games??

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: ap mode ...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 16:03 »
There is a command -random. It gives you bonus gold and that is the main reason it exists.
why do people play ap instead of any other game mode?
Not all people know to play every hero (mainly invoker). And it is good for noobs. That is why IceFrog doesn't remove it.
can u people the real PROS stop playing ap games??
Not all people are "real PROS".

Offline ramb.O

• El micro y yo
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 16:58 »
i have a topic about -ap modes... why do people play ap instead of any other game mode? i mean ap is for noobs and when i search for a game i find many ap games and even pubed as PRO games lol ... that is funny for me, real pros play with what they are given for example in ar mode or to choose from 3 heroes like sd mode... i realy hate ap cuz the only heroes that are picked are axe, tauren, sniper or trax, viper etc... can u people the real PROS stop playing ap games??

Why not? I dont like -ap but, i can play ^_^
Sometimes we play -ap games for test new heros combination. For exameple, last game, we had: seer, sandking, never, magnus & other (dont remember)..

it was gg + having fun :D
BB

Offline FatalityMk

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 19:08 »
hehe not all people are REAL PROS true, but those who play ap should not call themselfs pros... the real pros are gamers with experiance and know all the heroes, more or less... and i did not say for them to remove it, ap is for noobs to learn the heroes so that they can become pros and play ar or sd....

my quote is: AP IS FOR NOOBS :)))))

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 23:04 »
Bad words man... -ap mode its nothing else than pick any hero you want. We can say its less complicated than other mods like -rd or -sd.
-ap its really playable and you can choose opponent from the start. for example: if enemy takes rikimaru, you can take gondar or slardar for tracking him down.
Last times i dont prefer -ap couse i think other mods like -sd or specialy -rd its more exciting.

still... -ap isnt for noobs... -apem maybe.

Offline n.e.x.u.s.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 03:31 »
were rly here ok... I say DM is best but hey thats just me and i usually host ap cause noone plays dm.But a few yrs ago when we were playing on lan we were always playing dm.If ur good than thats where it rly shows.1st of all if u die u rly get a handicap so u cant do it that much.Than there are no "i read it on the forum this item is for this hero and stuff cause u don't know whats gonna happen.I say if someone knows and survives a dm he must have some skill, cause bare knowledge of items and combination's , schemes for hero's wont help.

P.S. : That's just me ofc.I still make ap mainly ... noone plays dm :(
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 03:34 by n.e.x.u.s. »

Offline Djerfi

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] Path of the King Tour 2. Place Award [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 03:54 »
For example, I play -ap mode because I want to give opponent a chance to pick a hero, and I'll do -random, to be "balanced".  ;)

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 08:50 »
To be hones i never do -random becouse consequences. Like: I'll do -random and there will be no tank in team.
Second thing is that i dont enjoy to play heros like undyind or techies.
And third thing is advantage that you have when someone else pick hero before you. I look at setup and pick counter hero.

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 10:09 »
were rly here ok... I say DM is best but hey thats just me and i usually host ap cause noone plays dm.But a few yrs ago when we were playing on lan we were always playing dm.If ur good than thats where it rly shows.1st of all if u die u rly get a handicap so u cant do it that much.Than there are no "i read it on the forum this item is for this hero and stuff cause u don't know whats gonna happen.I say if someone knows and survives a dm he must have some skill, cause bare knowledge of items and combination's , schemes for hero's wont help.

P.S. : That's just me ofc.I still make ap mainly ... noone plays dm :(
For mr -dm is also great, but as you said it is played in private games :(.

Offline [.DeitY.]

• Advanced Member
  • Just a DeitY.
    • View Profile
    • PlayDotA
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 12:58 »
ap is for noobs man,and they all take owerpowered heroes,play ar and win a game..

Offline FatalityMk

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 14:48 »
hehe i dont mean to disrespect any one but ap mode is realy for noobs like deity said... when u play ar heroes that are given are all counter to each other, ar is made to balance the heroes...how many times have u played with 4 int and 1 agi against 4 tanks and 1 agi or something like it and won?? ar is realy balanced the heroes it gives, but ap pro game that is just... and any noob can join that game and pick the hero he only knows best and owns ya :D that is just funny... i just can bare to see so many ap games when i search... and to get a counter hero in ap does mean u will own him?

Offline Djerfi

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] Path of the King Tour 2. Place Award [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 23:02 »
Do you understand that I play -AP because I want to give other team the advantage to pick heroes, while I random, because me pro, they noob? :D

Offline X-PLODE

• Pro Member
  • Jimmy Eat World!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 01:51 »
Do you understand that I play -AP because I want to give other team the advantage to pick heroes, while I random, because me pro, they noob? :D

^this

I play ap to kill people that only have 1 hero they are good at.
It's funny to kill lothar sniper with heroes he thinks are shit.

Point is heroes don't make the game, the players skill does.

Offline Z0Di4C

• Retired Moderator
  • Lets Put a Smile on That Face !
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 16:23 »
...imo -ap mode (if u are skilled or 'pro') is only there for u to try new heroes and/or try diferent fun combos with ur teamm8s ... :)

Offline raven

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Hacks staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 12:37 »
dunn agree. for me ap is good mode for all. pros can random in pubs when it is not obvious all players are good to make game more even. btw moastly as i've seen ap games are better than ar cause not so much skilled player get chars that they know not chars that they play for the first time.