Author Topic: Improvement suggestion for bot  (Read 1423 times)

Offline Synthesizer

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Improvement suggestion for bot
« on: October 17, 2010, 17:28 »
Hello all,

Thanks for the awesome bot that allows us seperate noobs and quitters from pros.

But,

can a feature such as "setting a quote like a K/D ratio, score or W/L ratio to be accepted in game" added to bot? it will work similar to bancheck, or ping check. after the spoof is done, if the player is below the required K/D ratio, for example 1.2, will be kicked. with 50/45 as it is 1.11

It would save a lot of time and we could post it on title so ppl who know their stats wont bother to join.
Coz you know some noobs tend to accept themselves as PROs and still join PRO titled games :)

Offline dRagoLjuB

• dRagoLjuB
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Nowhere and Everywhere
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Improvement suggestion for bot
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 17:30 »
smth like this ? =

Myubernick :

We are already currently working on something similar to what you suggested, a relative ELO stats system which should put players score in perspective and resolve problems of current absolute system, it should be finished and released when this season ends. http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php/topic,5630.0.html

Every player will have a rating, and there will probably be an inlobby command !minimum <score> available to the host, so if he sets "!minimum 1600" only players with rating more than 1600 will be able to join.

Quote from: diesell on 10 June 2010, 17:19:49
On calculating Skill Points should be a big headache but once you will figure that out
If i can get a base on how to calculate Skill points

You could use some kind of Elo rating system to calculate points

Offline Synthesizer

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 18:16 »
exactly :D

Offline vaikiss

• MonsterKill Member
  • Imbalanced Gaming 4 Life
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Troll Madness Winner [UNIQUE] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • QuakeLive-Best Fps EVAH!
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 22:07 »
then why r u bothering making threads like this ?

God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Offline NEGERTIVS

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • podlac lukavi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 13:52 »
I dont think this is a good idea. It can always happen (especially when a new season has just started and stats have been reset), that you come across decent players who were just unlucky in the games they joined and consequently have bad stats. What you are proposing would basically exclude these players from all pro games for the rest of the season!

Furthermore some people, like me, prefer playing support and/or roam. A Crystal Maiden with 1-2-20 stats is better than a Crystal Maiden with 5-2-3 stats or even 20-2-1 stats. Having assists means you let your team's carries take the kills and thus the gold. Should I be excluded for doing a good job with my Crystal maiden? It seems you have the wrong idea of how dota works, since you are formulating the wrong criteria for being a "pro" player. You do not need 200 cs every game, you do not need insane killing streaks, as long as you do your job and work for the team.

Implementing this system will remove all common sense from the selection of decent players for "pro" games. It will lay the focus from working as a team and bringing down the throne/tree, to playing for stats (to ensure you will have a "pro" rating!) even more. It will mean a complete victory for the retarded statsystem and it's statwhores. !NO

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 15:04 »
I dont think this is a good idea. It can always happen (especially when a new season has just started and stats have been reset), that you come across decent players who were just unlucky in the games they joined and consequently have bad stats. What you are proposing would basically exclude these players from all pro games for the rest of the season!

Furthermore some people, like me, prefer playing support and/or roam. A Crystal Maiden with 1-2-20 stats is better than a Crystal Maiden with 5-2-3 stats or even 20-2-1 stats. Having assists means you let your team's carries take the kills and thus the gold. Should I be excluded for doing a good job with my Crystal maiden? It seems you have the wrong idea of how dota works, since you are formulating the wrong criteria for being a "pro" player. You do not need 200 cs every game, you do not need insane killing streaks, as long as you do your job and work for the team.

Implementing this system will remove all common sense from the selection of decent players for "pro" games. It will lay the focus from working as a team and bringing down the throne/tree, to playing for stats (to ensure you will have a "pro" rating!) even more. It will mean a complete victory for the retarded statsystem and it's statwhores. !NO

Well, depends. This could be a good idea if the points are distributed the way they should be. So that would mean, according to my logics, that assists would be worth just as much as kills (that would also solve the statwhores problem at least a bit, it is annoying seeing snipers and balanars lasthitting your kills). Victories and defeats shouldnt play a great part in this system, since victory/loss ratio very often doesnt reflect the players skill, but the skill of the whole team. As for the cs, i understand that good cs is important, but i also see that most of the players consider denies the most important aspect of the game, so someone with 50/11/5 is considered a much better player than a 120/1/15 although it is obvious that the 70 kills are much important than those 10 denies... Then you need to take into account heroes like techies, that die to kill and so on. This system could be great, but i doubt it will, since there are so many factors to take into account.

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 15:36 »
@ Last 2 posts:
This topic was meant to suggest something to exclude noobs from pro games.
As [4h][MarceL] quoted MyUberNick:
Every player will have a rating, and there will probably be an inlobby command !minimum <score> available to the host, so if he sets "!minimum 1600" only players with rating more than 1600 will be able to join.
Nowhere was said that the 'rating' of a player will be based on kills/deaths/assists/creeps...

Victories and defeats shouldnt play a great part in this system, since victory/loss ratio very often doesnt reflect the players skill, but the skill of the whole team.
The players' score for a game will be based on his team (probably).

Offline s4ndwitch

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 17:12 »

I wonder where have you seen this new system and how exactly it works. I'm waiting for it every day and haven't seen anything yet :(
I really don't see how it could exclude someone from "pro" games for the whole season. If a good player drops on rating, he's bound to improve it in lower ranked games.
And where exactly have you seen that assist count won't be taken into account?

What you are criticizing in your post is the current system and it's users selection for "pro criteria".
The new rules and ranking system look very promising to me, because it won't show unnecessary stats that inexperienced players interpret wrongly.

Offline yaphets_

• Nevermore Master
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 18:57 »
another spam topic :S anyway it will be end soon!
who had never made a mistake, has never tried anything new ;)~albert einstein