Author Topic: What playdota.eu really became!  (Read 4026 times)

Offline Dark_Servant

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
What playdota.eu really became!
« on: March 27, 2010, 15:43 »
Since ladder restarted I've never seen so many pluggers and I'm fucking tired of making all ban requests. And especially hosts, who should be an example to others, plug too, for the reason they know they wont be banned, at least not immediately, or maybe others will forget about this game!

Since then I often find myself in position to play 3v4 in 17th min, with at least one noob (who is the reason why others plugged) on my side. So !rmk command is total FAILURE in this case coz there are only few "normal" ppl with dignity that will actually do !rmk then win game in this conditions.

Such as this http://stats.playdota.eu/?p=gameinfo&gid=68082

Such occasion occurred 3 times in a row today and last time I got fucking pissed and left the game and whoa!!!! I got banned for leaving 3*v4 in 17th min. Not to mention host and other players who "lost connection" (read: plug) weren't banned.

I won't bother with posting another ban and unban req, this time I want to see some justice be served!

Note: I think most of us like it better as it was in old days.. Rules of partidilla and all that stuff.. I gave my money for brighter future of these bots, and now when I see what it became I regret every donation I made..
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 16:31 by Dark_Servant »

Offline Quon

• Hand of The King
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • garekds9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What playdota.eu really became!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 19:32 »
I agree with this.

There should be penalty points for leavers/plugers/lost connections/etc as additional punishment. Only ppl who care about stats do plugs. So punishment should be harder. My proposal is -2 points for not finished game. 

What about those who have net problems? Why should other 9 players have bad game cause of this 1? Get another provider and net problem solved.

Good side of PD is that number of noobs is reduced in games. Keep continuing improving quality of games  ;)

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 19:49 »
100% agree with Dark_Servant
!rmk command - complete failure...  there must be so many votes that some ppl decide to plug instead! Really!
pluging - this is method how to leave game hosted by pd.eu bot and dont get banned. Only small % of plugers are reported. Noone want to waste time to report every pluger, every game. Why we got so many plugers? Read above :P
I remember old parti days. No plugs, different game style. Now all play for stats wich means pick deadly hero and pwn...

Where the hell is !ff command. It was way easier to finish game without !rmk if either team looses hard.

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 20:37 »
I think MyUberNick is working on something for the next version of bot.

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 23:37 »
The !FF command is definitly needed. Imagine: no kills at fountain, ability to end the game when plugger/noob in team etc.
Quote from: ArmyMaN^E^
in that game no mh man becaus all games in start i type -ah

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 00:42 »
The !FF command is definitly needed. Imagine: no kills at fountain, ability to end the game when plugger/noob in team etc.

Problem is it's very hard (maybe impossible) to save stats when game is ended with !ff command.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 12:05 »
well once reconnection tool is implemented (hopefully soon), pluggers won't have excuse, and can be banned normally

Offline Dark_Servant

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 12:17 »
The link I posted before was a game where HOST plugged and made through without any consequences. Then some of scourge set !owner to himself and soon another one from my team plugged, again went without consequences. I started !rmk which all my team and 1 from scourge accepted but some of them wanted to continue even though 3v5 is considered FAIR game. So, when I realized that they gonna stall to get better stats and went rosh instead of finishing, I left the game.

And I get banned for 14 days. Nice. Rly no fucking comment.

I've done a lot for this community as well as some other ppl too, and I never wanted something in return. Well, now it's the time for you (admins) to do something for the sake of common sense. I wont post UNBAN req on purpose.

Or at least tell me being contributor means nothing if the situation is like that so I won't bother anymore.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 12:33 by Dark_Servant »

Offline Dark_Servant

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 12:25 »

Problem is it's very hard (maybe impossible) to save stats when game is ended with !ff command.

Is it possible to make something like that HOST can use !ff command only if there is one less vote for !rmk?
So if for !rmk needs 7 votes and there are only 6, the bot automatically whispers to how that now he can use !ff command.

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 14:27 »
well once reconnection tool is implemented (hopefully soon), pluggers won't have excuse, and can be banned normally
You can always loose your net connection,power,or your computer can simply restart. But you are right,thats why we have the unban thread.

Is it possible to make something like that HOST can use !ff command only if there is one less vote for !rmk?
So if for !rmk needs 7 votes and there are only 6, the bot automatically whispers to how that now he can use !ff command.
The !FF command is there for the LOOSING side to end the game,and save their time and nerves.I´ve seen enough retarded hosts,who woudnt simply end the game,when they are winning. Also the votes for !ff comman should go only from the ffing team.

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 15:37 »

That's sad :(
Like here: http://stats.playdota.eu/?p=gameinfo&gid=64751 completly rude, abusive and rules breaking host with intention to get some stats woudnt finish game by !rmk even whole scourge said that condition is unplayable. We (whole scourge) waste 12mins to wait behind the fountain until sentinels finished game 5/0. Noone even moved from fountain becouse we all refused to play. But noone wants to get banned by this stupid host either...
!ff would be a better way.

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 16:02 »
Shoudnt that host get banned?

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 16:20 »

Yeah i realize the importance of !ff command it's high on my todo list.

Also !rmk command is going to get updated soon, moved expire time for !rmk from 1 minute to 3 and going to lower votes needed for !rmk from 90% to 80% or 70%

Offline Dark_Servant

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 00:23 »

Yeah i realize the importance of !ff command it's high on my todo list.

Also !rmk command is going to get updated soon, moved expire time for !rmk from 1 minute to 3 and going to lower votes needed for !rmk from 90% to 80% or 70%

Tnx for listening. Pls notice us when this update comes.  ;)

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 00:28 »
Shoudnt that host get banned?

I reported that here: http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php?topic=2537.0
Admin decidision was huge disapointment. Punishement missed player who deserve it most.