Author Topic: Defense Of The Ancients  (Read 2091 times)

Offline Canin

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Defense Of The Ancients
« on: April 19, 2010, 12:49 »
I have watched my share of Dota videos and I'm curious to hear other people opinions about it. To make it more clear I want to know what do you guys think about the music, video effects, video content, the intro, video length etc... or the lack of the things I mentioned.

Personally my own opinion is, to make a good dota video it doesn't require to be a skilled player, even a beginner can do it, as long as he knows his way around the software. In most videos people comment on the players skills but that doesn't show anything now does it (This of course explains the 21st century cinema)? You watch a  10 minute video from 10-20 (give or take.) games and most people come to the conclusion that the guy is a really good gamer when it comes to Dota. Perhaps in 1 out of 10 videos you find a person commenting on issues not involving the skill, which is good, shows one intelligence.
Example of a videos with plenty of video effects, editing, music, good intro etc

Job well done.

On the other hand, the videos who don't have or lack of video effects, editing, intro, music(or a poor choice of music) and so on, even tho the gamers may display good skills, large and organized fights, it still makes it a very boring video and those few minutes seem like hours and most of the time you don't even watch it to the end.

Naturally, this is for people who enjoy watching videos on youtube or similar sites.

Offline Canin

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Defense Of The Ancients
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 20:22 »
I opened an interesting thread(in my own opinion.) for people who enjoy and are willing to discuss dota videos along the things that comes with a video, so I don't really see why would anyone hate me for it, is that I linked your video but failed to provide the necessary information? Well all you have to do is click on the link below the video and you'll be redirected at youtube, thus your account profile. Simple.

fuck you, i see why deathfiend hates u now.

Oh yeah, why do you both hate me so much?

(noun). Calculated and/or intentional intense dislike; an intensified and elevated level of anger; an unnatural emotion (i.e. hate is something that is derived from natural emotions such as anger or fear); learned dislike or loathing of another person, group, or thing.
-Taken from urbandictionary.
So you guys hate a person on the internet.

Please tell me you see the irony in my last sentence.

You know, Irony? I don't mean

Unless you have something to contribute to the topic I suggest you buss off.

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 20:44 »
Explode there's no room for such posts outside the flame room, stop flaming on the forums, i deleted your post.

Offline Deathfiend

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 12:08 »
lol i dont hate you. i find your fails and need of attention hilarious :)
on topic : that "luck is no excuse", is pretty random, except some nice parts like kev's puck and hexor's axe at min 6 ( luck was an excuse here, that cent of enchantress ran out of life right when it was about to kill him )
and the other one is the same, except #1 which was nice
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 12:18 by Deathfiend »

Offline Canin

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 20:57 »
lol i dont hate you. i find your fails and need of attention hilarious :)
on topic : that "luck is no excuse", is pretty random, except some nice parts like kev's puck and hexor's axe at min 6 ( luck was an excuse here, that cent of enchantress ran out of life right when it was about to kill him )
and the other one is the same, except #1 which was nice

Right.

And you totally missed the point of the thread.

Reading comprehension.

Offline _AKI_

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 01:18 »
Nice videos, I liked "EXTRAS :)" specially.

Check this one

Offline hotbarbecue

• Advanced Member
  • ♫ Cucurucucuuuu ♪♫
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 10:10 »
Hmmm that puck rampage after veno's ulti... it's all set up IMHO. But Nice vid.

Offline hunter^^^666

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 14:47 »
what deos mean  :o