Author Topic: 2 questions  (Read 7357 times)

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 2 questions
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 19:16 »
What i wanted to point out with homeless shelter is that we are free in response to what aliradicali posted. There are no customers here, there are no paid jobs here, there is no quality of service that you can demand here.

But we are trying to compete with other DotA communities by making a better rules and better bots. As i said above, we will update the rules and the bots extensively sometime this month.

Offline AliRadicali

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 23:26 »
What i wanted to point out with homeless shelter is that we are free in response to what aliradicali posted. There are no customers here, there are no paid jobs here, there is no quality of service that you can demand here.

But we are trying to compete with other DotA communities by making a better rules and better bots. As i said above, we will update the rules and the bots extensively sometime this month.
What exactly is pd.eu's objective, if not to provide casual DotA players with a place to play DotA?
Assuming that that IS your objective, why would you want to ignore feedback from said casual DotA players? No-one's demanding anything here, I'm merely curious why I get labeled "spammer" for disagreeing with certain rules. As far as I can tell, my suggestions would have a positive influence on the overall enjoyment of pd.eu DotA games, and implementing them is a matter of copypizza, so the real question would be why NOT implement them.

Offline Geistesblitz

• Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 01:50 »
What exactly is pd.eu's objective, if not to provide casual DotA players with a place to play DotA?
Assuming that that IS your objective, why would you want to ignore feedback from said casual DotA players? No-one's demanding anything here, I'm merely curious why I get labeled "spammer" for disagreeing with certain rules. As far as I can tell, my suggestions would have a positive influence on the overall enjoyment of pd.eu DotA games, and implementing them is a matter of copypizza, so the real question would be why NOT implement them.

Because I can't always be right and even when I am right I still have to understand other people's points of view and get to an agreement. I can't push people to do my bidding.

Offline MastrOFDisastr

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 01:51 »
In this topic http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php/topic,24342.0.html quon said that
# If 40% of users in game complain about unplayable conditions (with !rmk) in the first 10 minutes of the game, all players have to leave (and game owner can rehost the game).
does not apply anymore???

Is it possible to make a rule to stop intentional ally sabotage, eg. tiny tossing you to the enemy, someone force staffing you itd,....

u can type -helpdisable    or -disablehelp  (I do not remember which is the command of these two,but 1 is for sure),-and nobody will be able to push u whit force staff or tossing,or healing :)

Offline [Shady] Polska

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 03:38 »
Trust us, we do not ignore your feedback, or suggestions. But when you have heard the same thing over and over and over again, all you want to say is I GET IT, and we are working on it, but that is just plain rude

On Topic, the rules are vague because in pub games every situation is different. If you put to specific rules then you have arguments among the players and staff. If you make rules too vague you get people reading between to lines and cutting corners, and abusing loop holes.  As a public bot, putting rules isn't the easiest thing to do. It took America very long to have our present day constitutional laws, and which they are still changing as years go on.  In my opinion I do not really care for rules. Banlist was made so that people wouldn't play with laggers and game ruiners.  There was no sd back then and people actually enjoyed playing the game. There were few leavers when I played on random hosted games then there are on pd. A issue of this is because all people care about is there stats. If you did not care about your stats, you would not care if you have a leaver on your team, nor someone farming the whole game. Things that are wrong is controlling your character selling your items, purposely feeding. Which I understand ban, but because there is a noob in pro game. I am rambling on more then making my point, but the problem lies in the !sd command. And with then new relative score system many of these issues will dissolve away on there own.

So can we realize that there is no point in arguing, and accept that we need to wait longer for perfection. Patience is virtue, or as my father would say "Patience my boy Patience"

Offline zero.infinity

• Mr.Niceguy Fan
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 07:58 »
I have a solution.

Lets pay to play on PD!
Only then, it can grow up from a homeless shelter to a nice restaurant.

I vote !Jes

:-\

.p.s. and tips for waitor if good :|
Mister :(
I love you
:|

Offline Boramir

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • hmm?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 12:21 »

Because I can't always be right and even when I am right I still have to understand other people's points of view and get to an agreement. I can't push people to do my bidding.

Geist said it nicely.
Quote from: vluggejappie
omg noob bora owned us:S
[p]
i heard from several people that boramir sucks at dota and in rage he always is PLUGGER

Offline NEGERTIVS

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • podlac lukavi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2010, 13:54 »
I agree with polska. The biggest of PD's problems seems to be the attitude of most of the players, which seems to be caused at least partly by the !sd system. Instead of players pooling their talents in pursuit of bringing down that throne/tree, we have an endless stream of stat-related whining, defeatism when their team is down just a couple of kills, self-votekicking, and most importantly, the wrong idea of how dota is supposed to work.

People tend to pick "imba" killsteal heroes such as Gondar, Balanar, riki, etc etc instead of good team picks. And then they end up feeding, because they will lane 2 melee carries. Then the whining starts. Not that this is not a problem in other pubs, but it always strikes me as weird how the level of play on PD.eu is relatively high compared to the rest of eurobattle.net, but people still play with the "apemso" idea of dota.

I think the !sd system also puts a lot of pressure on the host. For every game I host, I have to statwhore for ~15 minutes. I dont require players to have godlike stats to join a "pro" game. A couple of denies and a non-feeding score is enough for a pub game imfo. I myself dont often make it past 30 creepkills because I always roam and/or support, and I get kicked from almost every PD lobby I join because apparently you must farm 3 buriza's to be a "pro" player. People in pubs will always find reasons to flame the host or their team, but I think the !sd system just gives them too good an excuse!

so on to the TL;DR ; could you tell me how this new system will work? I read somewhere on this forum that it might be based on some sort of ELO formula. But will it be focusing on wins/losses? kill/death ratio? Will assists play a role? Will creepstats play a role? Thanks in advance!

Offline Quon

• Hand of The King
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • garekds9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 12:13 »
This system and ELO system are based on fact that WIN brings major part of won points. Kills will be almost irrelevant

Offline Cupomax

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 21:20 »
@ AliRadicali

This system IS working fine else here wouldnt play 90% population on bnet. Just as I sad before, I will say it again:

If u have productive idea, plz share it with us at our feedback section else dont post crap like playdota.eu is shit and finish your story there. If u dont like here, plz be free to play at other realms.
I do have productive ideas, they just get locked because you ignore them. Just like you ignore my several complaints. Part of your JOB is to listen to customers' (AKA players) complaints and to improve the services you provide. But instead of listening to complaints and seriously trying to adress the issues brought up, you respond with one-liners like "rules are fine", "if you can't understand the rules don't host" and best of all "If you don't like it go play on another server". LOL!

Let's draw an analogy here:
I'm a customer in a restaurant. I think my food tastes a bit plain, so I ask the waiter for some salt. Should the waiter:
a) Tell the customer to go eat somewhere else if he doesn't like it.
b) Give the customer some salt.
Well?

I have made a complaint about the aforementioned "40% rule" in another thread, and it got pointedly ignored. I'll make my suggestion again:
Add an exception to the rule: "Hero picks do not count as an "unplayable condition."
Why? Because "our team has a (insert hero here), REMAKE!" should obviously not be considered a proper reason to remake a game.

Now are you going to tell me to go find another restaurant, or are you going to give me my damn salt (or at least explain why you can't give me any)?

Oh.. and yes, our system works fine
a) I disagree with you. The rules are too vague and open to multiple interpretations, and several of the most common scenarios aren't covered by the rules. The fact that disconnecting is not mentioned in the rules at all proves this point perfectly IMO.
b) Even if that were true, that doesn't mean things cannot be improved. The T-ford was an amazing vehicle when it was introduced, but that didn't mean that people went around saying "OMG this car is fine, no need to change it! LOCKED!"
Would you rather drive this:

or this:

What if I need pepper ?

and yes i would prefer to drive Ford T instead of the fucked up Lamborghini Diablo

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2010, 22:39 »
And yes I think this thread should be locked.
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2010, 00:27 »
Regarding courage of topic creator and force which he backs up his own opinions yes it should be locked.
Quote from: ArmyMaN^E^
in that game no mh man becaus all games in start i type -ah

Offline T-Bag

• also known as Teddy Bear
  • Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Awards Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Timbersaw Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2010, 00:52 »
for some guys whos not happy with these rules { man, who talked about restaurant and some salt....} as them guys said, u dont have to play here.... In restaurant u dont get any meal unless u not gonna pay.
These guys are doing it for free, actually even some1 has to pay server rent, etc... did u ever sponsor pd.eu? Not? why u are crying here? u should be happy thats u can play for free...

If u not happy, my advice is: dota.fr  there is really good system, but... if u want to play more than 1 game, u need to pay for it...

Is it problem? ....no? nobody catch u.

bb

PS: Im NOT happy with pd.eu on 100% until they get fcking Gproxy support.... btw it should be in next bot release...

bb have a nice day/ night ...

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2010, 13:42 »
If you are not happy with system just report what you dont like dont talk about mods doing nothing..beleive me admins are working best to help improvment but they have lives as well.
You have nice ,well moderated place to play,if you want visit gangrena they just change back grounds of garena and beg for gold memeberships...
Still think about it what you have not and you might not have

Offline yaphets_

• Nevermore Master
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2010, 19:12 »
PS: Im NOT happy with pd.eu on 100% until they get fcking Gproxy support.... btw it should be in next bot release...

bb have a nice day/ night ...

man lol....I can't bieleve you still complaining,,,, They Told you a word <<IN the next bot released it will be change some things>> So why are you still complaining for nothing :o
who had never made a mistake, has never tried anything new ;)~albert einstein