Author Topic: problems with Lag  (Read 880 times)

Offline kralotlav

• Newbie Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
problems with Lag
« on: October 11, 2010, 13:17 »
Hi there, I have problems with lag when i play DOTA, where ever i check my ping and my latency they both are fine, my internet speed is 6 mbit. i`m using ADSL internet and Thomson TG782  wi-fi router. here is what i tried to fix the problem (but with no positive results)
1.  Reinstall windows
2. Optimize TCP/IP (with tcp optimizer)
3. Scanned my registry with Uniblue
4. Turned off both antivirus and firewalll
5. I also tried on other network (from my neighbour) but no difference, what mean's it's up to the game something, not the internet.
Any suggestion's please ??
thx in advance....
here is result from pingtest.et

Offline zero.infinity

• Mr.Niceguy Fan
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: problems with Lag
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 14:07 »
i see you have wireless. your problem is packet deterioration. hence lag.
nothing you can do, except connect to router diectly via cable.
try it.

if that doesn't work then i'm sorry.
Mister :(
I love you
:|

Offline kralotlav

• Newbie Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 16:30 »
:S... as i thought..... is there any way to configure my wireless usb  for better reception ? and cable... i`m gonna need a lot of cable, my router is on second floor :S

Offline fawkz

• Founder
  • F#WKz!
  • Awards LA High Staff [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 18:04 »
Well imo you should make some tests to find the best wireless configuration.

Download http://www.netstumbler.com/downloads/ and configure it to your wireless interface (Device tab).
It will detect near networks, there is a value called SNR (signal to noise ratio) you need to make that value as high as u can, even if you re using an omnidirectional antenna in your wireless interface.

Testing Options:
---------------------

-  Find that your network interface is configured @ win with the maximum power value

- Change the default channel signal (usually 6 @ router) to avoid interference with the neighboring devices.

Basically you need to test performance moving the devices & antennas, if this is not helping you you get a powerfull wireless interface (lovely ALFA NETWORK stuff) or if you can change the anntena in you current usb one, get an uniderectional one instead omni and play with netstumbler again to get the max signal/noise ratio.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 19:37 by fawkz »

Offline kralotlav

• Newbie Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 19:19 »
i understand that i need to get better reception, i was looking for something like ALFA NETWORK, but, the problem is i can't find it in local store's... (i`m from macedonia)... i guess i'll have to use ebay :D .. but the shiping is to expensive :S.. btw, at the moment i`m using TP-LINK WN422G  wireless usb adapter, if you think that i need to change something (in device setting's ) tell me... THX A LOT every one....  i hope i'll have a chance to payback...