Author Topic: I AM FED UP WITH UNBAN REQUESTS  (Read 1974 times)

Beasthunter

I AM FED UP WITH UNBAN REQUESTS
« on: October 11, 2010, 01:02 »
Dear and Precious Support Team!

There have been a few times I mentioned the 3-button bans ( as i call "!bl" ) and the disgrace its causing for your dearest moderators in my unban requests but NOTHING seems to happen or done about them. And this is for me now the top of the top. Meaning the wrong way of course. Every time I lose connection (for whatever the reason, I am no plugger - I mean I have the balls to leave if something is wrong) I get banned straight away as leaver/plugger.
   Now first of all. Let's get things straight. I didn't think I had to introduce You guys the ingame rules, but since nothing has been done about this I certainly feel tied to do so! As I read it - no matter the mode (-so or not) - if enemy team has at least 3 players than its free to leave the game. That's not the case with my bans but even if it was could you please MAKE SURE THAT ANYBODY WHO IS ALLOWED TO HOST A GAME KNOWS THAT!!! On the second hand when I happen to loose connection (unfortunately once in every 8-12 games) the host doesn't even care to look at it and 3-buttons me again ( "!bl" ).
   And guess what?
   I have to come here every time and type an unban request for something that is not a ban reason WHATSOEVER!
  And that's what I call a D-I-S-G-R-A-C-E.
  I mean I don't wanna give advices away for free, but You guys want to get yourself together, because it ain't working well. Imagine somebody taking you to court for something you did not do and then YOU HAVE TO PROVE THAT YOU DID NOT DO IT... I mean its worse than the most pityful joke I have ever heard, you got me?
   And just for the record: If not even this time you take the chance to do something about it (or thinking about not even coming back to me with some sort of ANSWER), I will make sure that this forum will not be the only place I have posted it.
   I asked nicely, I asked many times. Stop being ignorant!

Regards

Offline Quon

• Hand of The King
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • garekds9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: I AM FED UP WITH UNBAN REQUESTS
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 01:14 »
We gave power to host to ban all leavers due to reduce number of ban requests, but we increased number of unban request which r faster and easier to solve.

If u have random DCs you should buy better net connection or reinstall windows or buy new pc. We dont need laggers and players with lame net connection either.

All u can do atm is to write unban request. There r 20 staff members and it should not take too much time to be solved.

regards

Offline Geistesblitz

• Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 01:48 »
This should be under feedback too.

Usually unbans don't take more than 1-3 hours to be resolved.

Offline Boramir

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • hmm?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 08:44 »
There is also punishment for ban abuse. If a game owner is typing !bl randomly, he will end up getting banned eventually.

!bl should be used responsibly.

Even the best connection may lose packets and send you back to channel.

In the end, like all abuses, this is up to people. It doesnt matter you implement the best rules, there will still be abusers.

Quote from: vluggejappie
omg noob bora owned us:S
[p]
i heard from several people that boramir sucks at dota and in rage he always is PLUGGER

Offline AliRadicali

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 13:50 »
Actually bro, the rules don't explicitly say that lagging out is allowed. The mods seem to have an unwritten rule whereby people who probably lagged out get unbanned, but the rules don't mention such a thing.

Furthermore, if you lag out every 8-12 games, you should stop playing online dota till you get your net fixed. A 10% chance to drop (thereby RUINING A GAME) is unacceptable. IMO, a ban would be more than justified in your case, since apparently you frequently ruin games by joining with a shitty connection.

Beasthunter

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 21:05 »
Dear Support and Moderators!

Let me grab this opportunity to express my thoughts on the replies given to me. First and foremost of all I would like to thank Boramir for being an adult and having a professional attitude towards my query. I would like to highlight one of his sentences to you, Mr. "quon", so that your fellow colleague might be an example for you in the future... The sentence is:
   "Even the best connection may lose packets and send you back to channel."

You see when you have problems with the gps on your iPhone 1 and you walk in to an Apple service (or even write an email) I honestly do not think that they will tell you that you should buy an iPhone 2 or 3 or any edition... Because if we bought something new every time we had a problem with it, the biggest warehouse wouldnt be enough to fit a kitchen in there for two...
   Therefore I believe telling me what I SHOULD buy (because you "believe" thats the solution...) is not appropriate at all - and please excuse my honesty. Instead - esp. as a moderator - you should ask yourself what you could DO about it since I believe its part of your job (whether its voluntarily or paid for).
   I think all of us would agree that a 7 YEARS OLD game (no matter the patches/update) shouldn't have any problems running online with my 6 months old net connection and 2 years old desktop... Because if we dont then its pointless. But maybe instead of asking you just pretended that i play on a Commodore 64 with a broadband of 64kB... Is that the case?

I do have random service pauses, I mean who doesn't? Nothing is perfect, my friend. The only difference is how often you get it, that what makes a service excellent. I mean there are so many things to it. There literally can be hundreds of thousands of reasons that leaves you without connection for a brief period of time (5-10-30-60 sec) on a daily basis. Area, weather, servers, downloads, uploads, threats, viruses, hazards, protection, updates, a nearby plant, sign disturbulance, wires, poltergeist, curses and bad wishes, disbelief or simply a bad day for the technician on duty and I could go on forever, but I think you know all that don't you?
   So if I may ask you kindly, before you post a reply telling me what I SHOULD do just take your time and think about what you SHOULD say, as I did the previous and this time. In the end of the day all what matters is how many people you have made happy and the bad news is yourself is out of that count...
   And telling me what players you need and do not need was a bad move I have to stay. Just for the record, please let me tell you: PLAYERS ARE EVERYTHING YOU NEED. Because they pick where they play not vice versa. And if they wouldn't play this very website wouldnt exist...

On the other hand I do understand the power that have been given to hosts but I still think they should be appropriately noted whether to ban a leaver or not in certain circumstances - according to the Ingame Rules. And I did check on the speed of the unban procedure (my last one got solved in 3 min), so fair play to you on that side - it does have speed and is satisfying indeed!

P.S. : "In the end, like all abuses, this is up to people."

Thank You and Have a Good One!

The Beasthunter

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 21:26 »
I would like to negertivs read this post and tell us his opinion about the same!
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline Quon

• Hand of The King
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • garekds9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 21:44 »
This ban system works more than fine. If u dont like it here go install ggc or rgc and play their pub games. Atm we wont change anything only cause of u. If u have concrete proposal, post in feedback section. If host bans u w/o reason go report him. 3minutes being banned is not such a big deal, go post unban request every time u get banned cause of DC. 

No1 likes lagers, players with wooden pc and dial-up connection.

Beasthunter

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 22:20 »
Quon,

Man, you are a stubborn kid. You are arrogant, ignorant and disrespectful. But its cool nowadays, isn't it? Your mind is simple so as your English. You just don't want to understand the world because you think the world does not understand you. I can feel your everyday frustration shining through the words of your comments. You should do something that make you feel better - first and foremost about yourself.
   I would not say that the ban system works more than fine (all right?) but my wooden pc and dial-up does very well indeed - I am laughing out loud reading you.
   And if you don't like me you can do me a favor... Get off the bitter end, will ya!

Sweet Dreams Pup

Offline Quon

• Hand of The King
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • garekds9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 00:05 »
W/e dude