Author Topic: Another ban mod on a power trip  (Read 28771 times)

Offline stuiterbal

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Another ban mod on a power trip
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 16:11 »
Wow  i saw this just now. A wise man said that "the only thing larger than universe is men stupidity"

I think you mean: Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and i'm not sure about the universe. Einstein said that. Men stupidity isn´t even English.

How stupid can one be to say so baldly that i alt+f4 on loading screen, really (i expect an answer from the above to this  ) . Who do u think u are ?? God?

Please, point out where in the screenshot it states that you'd alt-f4'd. Nowhere! Learn 2 read, please. (oh and don't say: Leaving during loading means alt-f4. Even mice would laugh at the stupidity of such logic)

Next part:
I wont even try to justify my disc, lol i unban ppl every day for disc , and a user driven by rage comes here to tell me i shouldnt join games if i could possibly have disc from internet. IM really sad to say this but are you that stupid? Do u think im responsible for my internet provider ?

In some sense, yes. Pardon me, but if it's that bad, why don't you switch providers? You aren't responsible for your provider, but you are for your internet itself!

I politely asked  u why u banned me and you baldly say i alt+f4 , man who do u think u are.

HAHAHHAHA. Politely? Really? Lmao.

Offline [Shady] Polska

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 16:15 »
This apparent ban mod who goes by the nickname of "night_must_fall" joined our previous game and cleverly decided to drop/ALT-F4 during the loading phase, leaving the rest of us, nine players all in all, with a good 15 minutes of our lives ruined.

That is for you stuiterbal

No one is responsible if there computer crashes, internet goes down. If this would be true then we should not unban anyone.

Offline night_must_fall

• Night Has Fallen
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 16:19 »
I will say this now, next time u ban smn for disc , and it isnt a clear plug u will get a ban for sure.

I should make this my signature  ;D
Sure , let it all out , if it makes you feel better, but its not here you should write essays , school (i bet primary) is for that ;D
Again who are you?

Offline PlayDota.eu08

• WickedSick Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2010, 16:24 »
i rly dont understand u -.-
no point (for me)

he lost connection (why should he ALT+F4 lul ?) while loading
and u banned him ( no reson ofc )
btw u should check his ping before u start ... use next time !open <slot> / !ping #

he should make unbanreq ??? LOL . he ll get unbanned there too ...
btw gamelink :O ?

what about this

pro in noob game games :

http://stats.playdota.eu/?p=gameinfo&gid=513029

http://stats.playdota.eu/?p=gameinfo&gid=512822

http://stats.playdota.eu/?p=gameinfo&gid=504552

http://stats.playdota.eu/?p=gameinfo&gid=148153

[16:29:55] playdota.eu whispers: Warning Number 2, User: negertivs, Points: 1, Date: 2010-04-12, Admin: quon, Reason: flame
[16:29:55] playdota.eu whispers: Warning Number 3, User: negertivs, Points: 1, Date: 2010-04-24, Admin: TheForce, Reason: stats abuse
[16:29:55] playdota.eu whispers: Warning Number 4, User: negertivs, Points: 1, Date: 2010-05-10, Admin: quon, Reason: skill abuse - pro in noob game
[16:29:55] playdota.eu whispers: Warning Number 5, User: negertivs, Points: 1, Date: 2010-09-21, Admin: ksv, Reason: Bad host

idc about datum ... u played them and u got no ban/warn ( u got only ban for one of these) be lucky
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 16:29 by PlayDota.eu08 »
Quote from: Dino-Merlin
Ne nisam ti rekao sve, jednostavno nisam imao snage za to

Offline stuiterbal

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2010, 16:35 »
@pd:
http://stats.playdota.eu/?p=gameinfo&gid=748834

Took me a while to find it though

I will say this now, next time u ban smn for disc , and it isnt a clear plug u will get a ban for sure.

I should make this my signature  ;D
Sure , let it all out , if it makes you feel better, but its not here you should write essays , school (i bet primary) is for that ;D
Again who are you?

Oh please almighty tell me how to distinguish an ordinary plugpull and a loss of connection

@ below: I said that (i'll say it literally): If you have a bad provider, try switching. If you can live with a bad provider so be it, but don't expect everyone to agree with you. Expect that most will hate it, for you will drop sometimes, or often. I did (playing UT2k4 wiht 800 ping wás funny though), I upgraded my internet  and now I don't drop because of the provider. I might because someone is messing with the router, though.

Oh his first sentence: Leaving during loading. I think you mean the third sentence of his post, which is irrelevant in this case, because the politely (quote below) was meant at the screenshots.

I politely asked  u why u banned me and you baldly say i alt+f4 , man who do u think u are
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 16:48 by stuiterbal »

Offline night_must_fall

• Night Has Fallen
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 16:36 »
Wow , this keeps getting better and better . here comes a dude which says i should make sure that Deutsche Telekom provides me with a 100 percent secure line , and that i am responsible for it. Did u even think for a sec to what did u say???

Politely  ?? Is there something wrong in how i asked him ????
And pls dont tell me to read , u should be the one to read more carefully before u attack me! . Read his first sentence  :o 

Offline night_must_fall

• Night Has Fallen
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2010, 16:49 »
Man , first why should i plug , if i wanted to leave i would exit at countdown/lobby , second im  in this position because im the one who enforces that rules should be followed not broken, third in that game everyone knew i was mod , especially host who obviously couldnt w8 an opportunity to come spit on mods. and pls i dont have the need to plug , if i wanted to abuse i would leave , and unban myself and continue like nothing , Again i will say how senseless this really is
And really do u think i would come in the same game after i plugged and asked host why did he ban me . Do u see how stupid this discussion really is ?

The only thing u managed to accomplish is that  the matter of abusing host (and by that i mean ban abuse ) will be penalized at max in the future. Thats

Offline night_must_fall

• Night Has Fallen
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2010, 16:56 »

Oh his first sentence: Leaving during loading. I think you mean the third sentence of his post, which is irrelevant in this case, because the politely (quote below) was meant at the screenshots.

I politely asked  u why u banned me and you baldly say i alt+f4 , man who do u think u are

You are totally missing the point.  In ur post u ask me to point where did he stated that i  alt+f4 ?? The screenshots are irrelevant , are u blind that all his post are based on " alt+f4" , so he banned me coz he assumed that i left during loading. 

Offline AliRadicali

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2010, 17:00 »
The rules apply to EVERYONE, INCLUDING MODS/ADMINS. Ban mods receive special powers to do their job: to enforce the rules. They do not receive their powers for personal use.
To draw an analogy here:
Policemen and soldiers have the right to use deadly force to to their jobs.
They are not allowed to commit murder.

Yes but do police not DRIVE 100 MPH IN A 65MPH??. Do they not get tickets when they flash there badges.
In normal countries police vehicles have to obey the traffic laws unless they turn on their siren, which they are only allowed to do in emergencies (pursuit, having to get to a crime scene fast, etc.). You shouldn't have policemen driving 100mp/h to pick up doughnuts, that's abuse of power, albeit relatively minor.

So stop acting like unbanning yourself is such a crime, because then we should not UNBAN anyone that has lost connection, and makes a unban request.
The thing is, any normal player who gets banned has to request an unban and have an impartial mod decide whether it's a justified ban.
Just because a mod has the power to unban anyone, that doesn't mean he can decide for himself that the ban is unjust, considering he's most certainly not impartial. In this case, the correct thing to do would have been to have another mod decide whether or not the ban was justified.
If we take a look at  the rules, then the ban was completely justified since the rules do not say that disconnecting is fine.
1 question, where does it say anywhere that MODS have to make unban request.
When a mod is playing DotA, he is for all intents and purposes another dota player. Ergo, when he gets banned, he should follow the procedure that every other DotA player has to follow.

another real-world analogy, since that seems to be the only thing that people can grasp around here:
If a judge is accused of anything (regardless of if it is true or not), he is not allowed to judge his own hearing (duh).
Another, impartial judge has to decide the case, based on the evidence and the laws.

And I must say that while this discussion is amusing and all, until "night_must_fall" produces a rule stating that a disconnect is not a bannable offense, nothing he says will change the fact that his ban was done in accordance to the rules.
Discing causes you to leave. Leaving is a bannable offense.
night_must_fall disced => he left => he got banned.
It's not rocket science. We don't care if it was a plug or a disc because the outcome is the same.

Offline hotbarbecue

• Advanced Member
  • ♫ Cucurucucuuuu ♪♫
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2010, 17:04 »
Banning people who dropped during the map loading is especially stupid.   :-\

Offline NEGERTIVS

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • podlac lukavi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2010, 17:05 »
I did not "base" my post on the count of you ALT-F4'ing, I based my post on the count of you LEAVING.

You have come up with a good deal of bullcrap spew, such as "omg this all so senseless", and apparently we are "nobodies" who don't deserve to voice a valid complaint. Is the hierarchy of this bot modelled after pre-revolutionary France circa 1700?

Again, you have provided me neither an apology for your misconduct, nor a valid reason that should excuse you for being banned for leaving, backed by a RULE. Instead you keep on blabbering on how this is all so unfair and how we are out to get you. I tell you again: according to the rules, it is irrelevant whether you leave voluntarily or disconnect. You did not go through any channels to get yourself a warranted unban, and you unfairly threatened to ban me.

Im getting tired of explaining the same things over and over again. Anyone smell Asperger's?

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2010, 17:13 »
To cut the chit/chat!

Negertivs dude, HOW IN HELL YOU CAN KNOW THAT HE LEFT ON PURPOSE DURING LOADING??

That is why he banned you, and I would ban you myself if someone else reported your for banning like that!

It is very tricky even for us to divide those who left on purpose from those who lost connection!

What if he had power failure during loading ?? What about that, have u ever thought that could happen?

And, here is the rule for that, cause you say that does not exist:

Quote from: Rules
  NOTE: Abusing ban command is not allowed.

You abused ban command cause ONCE AGAIN YOU CAN NOT BE SURE THAT HE LEFT ON PURPOSE OR HE HAD CONNECTION PROBLEMS!

I think I was very clear with explanation!

Cheers!
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline iNK

• WickedSick Member
  • U.S.A
    • View Profile
    • Dotalicious
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2010, 17:20 »
On topic now, i wont comment those utter rage sentences , i shall stick only to these ones.
How stupid can one be to say so baldly that i alt+f4 on loading screen, really (i expect an answer from the above to this ;D ) . Who do u think u are ?? God?
I wont even try to justify my disc, lol i unban ppl every day for disc , and a user driven by rage comes here to tell me i shouldnt join games if i could possibly have disc from internet. IM really sad to say this but are you that stupid? Do u think im responsible for my internet provider ?
And please embarrass me ? I will say this now, next time u ban smn for disc , and it isnt a clear plug u will get a ban for sure.
      I politely asked  u why u banned me and you baldly say i alt+f4 , man who do u think u are.

This just goes to show how utterly incompetent you are. I banned you for leaving (Player must not leave). I stuck to the rules. There is no rule that excuses you. Go ahead, try to find one! Whether or not you disconnected is impossible to determine, and therefore not my problem as a host. Threatening to ban me for rightfully banning you is nothing short of power abuse.

Instead of providing me a valid reply referring to a valid rule, you call me stupid, raging and somehow God-complexed. You did not politely ask me why I banned you, you bluntly asked me and then proceded to threaten me with a ban. Yes you clearly are a superb role model for all mods!

I have done nothing wrong. I have validly banned you in accordance with a rule, and since you clearly abused your power and threatened me I felt it necessary to expose that to the public. Instead of trying to prove me wrong, you simply call me names. "Are you God? Your argument is invalid.". Wow. Ill just conclude that you are desperate and are groping for anything which might excuse you. Well done, incompetency proven.

And again you threaten me with a ban. Did your mod rights come in a cereal box? Im at a loss why this guy is still a mod.

I don't understand, you trying to demoralize/embarass a mod is publicly addressing an issue?

Him becoming "demoralized" and/or "embarassed" is irrelevant. I have pointed out a couple of problems, none of which you have given adequate answers to. Instead you call me a "rage-nerd" and a "nobody". Again, instead of trying to prove me wrong you cheerfully ignored all my points and proceeded to protect your mod friend by trying to discredit me, scolding my motives. I have nothing to add to your post.
First of all he is not my "friend". I don't even think we have spoken since I became a mod. 2nd if I see a mod abusing I have and will surely let him know about it. But this is ridiculous, you ban a person from dcing when game is loading? Talk about stupid. Tell me what is his motive for ruining that game? You do not even give him the benefit of the doubt knowing that he is a mod.
I did not ignore your your points I did address them. But again we don't answer to you, so when you make smart comments like that telling us to do your bidding, your just asking for it.
Like I said I have not see any of you posting suggestions on feedback thread of you concerns of making pd any better. So please if you can tell me where were you on the forum before your nerd rage I will be happy to look into it.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 17:23 by i_N_K »

Offline NEGERTIVS

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • podlac lukavi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2010, 17:28 »
Okay. Apparently this is not getting through to you all, so I will state it again. Simply.

1) Player night_must_fall has LEFT THE GAME

2) The rule "Player must not leave" applies, night_must_fall must be banned.

3) I do know know if he left intentionally, but there is NO RULE THAT EXCUSES LEAVING

4) Player night_must_fall has been banned

5) The rule "Abusing ban command is not allowed" CAN NOT apply, because night_must_fall was banned for a VALID REASON, IN ACCORDANCE WITH A RULE

6) He abuses his powers, I report his abuse on this forum, providing CLEAR evidence, and I get spewed on and ridiculed by mods who cannot work the rules out (like Ali said, it's not exactly rocketscience).

The rules have spoken. It seems a lot of mods do not abide by the rules but insist on adding a few of their own. banning me for banning a leaver is in direct violation of the rules that you claim to uphold.

I would be the first to agree that the rules need to be expanded and improved. Ive been told they are being reworked. I hope, in the future, to be able to host a game without needed to worry about being banned for things that are not set down in the rules, like that preposterous "you dont know if he disced you a bad host durr" idea you all seem to have.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 17:34 by NEGERTIVS »

Offline iNK

• WickedSick Member
  • U.S.A
    • View Profile
    • Dotalicious
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2010, 17:33 »
Sad you cannot use your own common sense/ just judgement when bannning people. New Rules- Mods are above all rules. You will follow it with no problem right?

I hope in the future we don't have to come into forum and read nerd rage like this.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 17:39 by i_N_K »