Author Topic: Another ban mod on a power trip  (Read 27146 times)

Offline NEGERTIVS

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • podlac lukavi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Another ban mod on a power trip
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2010, 17:39 »
Sad you cannot use your own commen sense/judgement when bannning people. New Rules- Mods are above all rules. You will follow it with no problem right?

Well I suppose such a rule would make life easier for the mods. Unfortunately it will reduce the community to a cesspool where mods would rule by Divine Right, again pre-revolutionary France circa 1700?

If you prefer improving your own stance instead of improving the community's stance, then all you will have done is proven that you are not a good mod.

Oh and the "nerd-rage" again. This will be the last time I point this out:
I have a valid complaint. The rules say I am right. Instead of admitting that I am right or at least trying to prove me wrong, you call me a "raging nerd". Does anyone even take you mods seriously? How did they select you, take 10 random people from the "balance" section and give them mod rights? If this thread is to die to your pathetic deflections it'd be sad, but at least people would know how utterly incompetent the lot of you really are, since apparently you are unable to professionally deal with even a simple abuse report.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 17:47 by NEGERTIVS »

Offline night_must_fall

• Night Has Fallen
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2010, 17:46 »
Man ur being ridiculed by yourself and your posts. And you still continue  with the same thing. Just cut it out before u make a total jack out of urself. I wont comment here on this anymore, our head mod has given his thoughts about this and commenting would be stupid.
One last thing about this, u tried to prove im abusing, and the only thing u proven is ur abuse as a host, trying to ban me. And you still persist with the i followed the rules thing, man use ur brain , im a mod, why would i leave a game during loading. Thats all .

Cheers

Offline iNK

• WickedSick Member
  • U.S.A
    • View Profile
    • Dotalicious
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2010, 17:49 »
You didn't answer the question. Would you follow such a rule? You treat these rules as a religious text, that  can not be open to discussion or have exceptions in different occasions. If a man kills another man in his own defense. Does the rule Thou shall not kill apply? Should that person have his life taken away from him because that rule (in your point of view) should be absolute?

Offline AliRadicali

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2010, 17:55 »
OK, apparently when you get banned, all you have to do is say "I disconnected", and then not only will you get magically unbanned, but the host who banned you will get threatened for "host abuse"????!
Where can I find this in the rules section pray tell?
There is no way a player can actually distinguish between a plugpull and a disconnect, and therefore there are NO SPECIAL RULES CONCERNING DISCONNECTS.
Check the rules; you're supposed to be the people enforcing them after all.

Furthermore, I'd like to point out that banning someone for lagging out is perfectly valid since:

a) the likeliness of him doing so again is pretty high since apparently his connection stinks.
b) the player deserves to get punished for ruining the game for 9 others, even if it's not (entirely) his own fault.

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2010, 18:07 »
Negertivs, you said this in your first post:

Quote from: negertivs
"night_must_fall" joined our previous game and cleverly decided to drop/ALT-F4 during the loading phase

and now you say:

1) Player night_must_fall has LEFT THE GAME

What game, are you so dumb to understand that he did not left game, cause the game did not even started, he lagged out/ lost connection/ dropped during loading, and you banned him without knowing the reason why he dropped during loading

So stop acting stupid and read what other ppl post you!

« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 18:13 by mrNiceguy »
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2010, 18:18 »
@Negertivs.If you give me the link of the game, and if he left game in 4 min, 5 min, 10 min, then you could call it abuse, BUT IF HE LEFT NOT IF HE GOT HIGH PING AND LOST CONNECTION!

@AliRadicali: Of course not, I HAVE SAID DURING LOADING PHASE, not after the game starts!

Once again, I think I was clear: I would ban you myself if someone else reports you for that, and HE DID NOT I REPEAT DID NOT ABUSED HIS MOD STATS!

« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 18:30 by mrNiceguy »
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2010, 18:35 »
How did he not abuse his powers? The host banned a leaver, the host can ban a leaver according to rules, so where is the "bad host" part here. None of us can know for certain if he left on purpose or got disconnected, it is up to the host to decide whether he should get a ban or not.

The host decided to ban. End of story. Lots of players get banned every day for disconnects that may or may not be on purpose, does that mean that every host that bans that player should be banned? Then this mod comes and starts threatening - abuse of power. Then, negertivs writes a polite and elouent post about it, all mods start defending Night_must whatever. Ok. Then he comes here, starts insulting right away and continues with more threats, but all mods are still on his side, eventhough all the players seem to agree with negertivs...

P.S. What Ali Radicali said about impartial unban by another host is really true. This way, every mod can leave any game he wants, and hes unbanned in 10 secs, and can go on and play another one.

P.P.S. playdota.eu.8 please stop sucking up to every mod you see, its really annoying.

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2010, 18:44 »
How did he not abuse his powers? The host banned a leaver, the host can ban a leaver according to rules, so where is the "bad host" part here. None of us can know for certain if he left on purpose or got disconnected, it is up to the host to decide whether he should get a ban or not.

ONCE AGAIN HE DID NOT LEFT GAME CAUSE GAME DID NOT STARTED DO I NEED TO DRAW THAT FOR BOTH OF YOU!

Also that can happen you to, power loss during loading and you drops during loading, host ban you and you come to us and say:" ban him he abused his pow"

About playdota.eu08 he is not sucking up, he is trying to explain you things that 15y old child can understand (it s him ) and you can not!

And about "any mod can leave game whenever he wants", dont be funny, no one is above the rules here (exception is fawkz, and myubernick) the rest need to obey rules in same way as normal user!
And if you think that if someone ban them for no reason they need to write unban request you are funny!

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2010, 19:22 »

ONCE AGAIN HE DID NOT LEFT GAME CAUSE GAME DID NOT STARTED DO I NEED TO DRAW THAT FOR BOTH OF YOU!

Also that can happen you to, power loss during loading and you drops during loading, host ban you and you come to us and say:" ban him he abused his pow"

About playdota.eu08 he is not sucking up, he is trying to explain you things that 15y old child can understand (it s him ) and you can not!

And about "any mod can leave game whenever he wants", dont be funny, no one is above the rules here (exception is fawkz, and myubernick) the rest need to obey rules in same way as normal user!
And if you think that if someone ban them for no reason they need to write unban request you are funny!

We must have a different vision on when the game starts. As far as im concerned the game starts with the loading screen, because 10+ minutes have been spent waiting for players,checking,spoofing and so on and there are people who will leave the game while loading for i dont know what reason.

Im completely aware of the power loss, and i know it can happen to me too, and i wont ask for host to be banned for that, but nevermind that.

I didnt say that mods are leaving games any time they want, im just saying that it would be possible for mods to do so since they can unban themselves the same second.

And in the end, i wrote my post just because i think that nege... wrote a completely normal post about a mod who threatened him because he got banned, then again this mod comes here and starts with the insults the moment he joins the discussion. OK, he got banned eventhough it wasnt his fault, happens to everyone, get over it, dont go threatening just because it happened, especially since youre a mod.

Offline PlayDota.eu08

• WickedSick Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2010, 19:30 »
look , if u dont understand it now than (omajgad)
Quote from: Dino-Merlin
Ne nisam ti rekao sve, jednostavno nisam imao snage za to

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2010, 19:43 »
Well for me game starts when you type mode or when first creeps spawn! <--- but again mybe it s only me i dont know!

Offline Zerind

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2010, 20:26 »
Wow, interesting. I think this concludes the lesson:
another real-world analogy, since that seems to be the only thing that people can grasp around here:
If a judge is accused of anything (regardless of if it is true or not), he is not allowed to judge his own hearing (duh).
Another, impartial judge has to decide the case, based on the evidence and the laws.

I think this whole thread was started because the mod unbanned himself. You just shouldn't do that, as you can see, it outrages the community (and the outrage is just, in my opinion).
I think he shouldn't have been banned, because although he did leave (I don't care why, nobody cares when I have power loss or my ISP fucks me), there is a rule:

Leaving (before creeps spawn)   Warn

Yes, negertivus, this is also in the rules section. You can not know if this is his first time or not, so you shouldn't ban in cases like this. Post a request in the forums, and let other mods decide if he deserves a warn, ban, or if they believe that he just lost connection.

So I say that:
  • No host should ban anyone who exits game during countdown. (Maybe, the bot shouldn't allow using ban for players leaving before the game mode is specified or before 10th second etc.)
  • Ban abusing hosts should get banned.
  • Also, host using ban without knowing and fully understanding the rules, like the one rule I have mentioned above, should at least be warned.
  • No mod should ever unban him/herself.
  • No mod should ever ban a player with whom he/she has a quarrel. An independent, 3rd mod should be asked to revise the situation, and decide on the ban.

It is common sense, man. You just don't unban yourself. Simple as that. Not even if you think the ban is unjust. Like everyone else, you have to go through the unban procedure. (And we all know you can pm another mod, and he/she will revise your unban request out of turn. So you will not have to wait one day to get your unban, like the rest of us, but somehow, that is acceptable. Or more acceptable, because it just feels like kind of corruption, not power abuse.)
Cheers!
(Playdota.eu.08... Do you want me to draw this for you?)

Offline Hakal

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2010, 20:27 »
Duh I'd suggest the moderators to lock threads like this before they escalate as from reading it i found 4 moderators being washed away by the thread starter.
Hes points = +
You guys have no points.(respect you gotta earn not force)

Offline Zerind

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2010, 20:34 »
Well for me game starts when you type mode or when first creeps spawn! <--- but again mybe it s only me i dont know!

Hmm, tricky.
Put a line in the new rules to clear this up?
Like:
Game starts when blah-blah.
Game ends when blah-blah.
Like putting down the basics.
Hmm, also define what a "game" is.
And what DotA is.

Don't forget to define what a "mouse" is.
And that you have to have your monitor on while playing.

Eee, nvm, so just common sense, but defining the start of the game might be a good idea.

Offline iNK

• WickedSick Member
  • U.S.A
    • View Profile
    • Dotalicious
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2010, 20:42 »
Wow, interesting. I think this concludes the lesson:
another real-world analogy, since that seems to be the only thing that people can grasp around here:
If a judge is accused of anything (regardless of if it is true or not), he is not allowed to judge his own hearing (duh).
Another, impartial judge has to decide the case, based on the evidence and the laws.

I think this whole thread was started because the mod unbanned himself. You just shouldn't do that, as you can see, it outrages the community (and the outrage is just, in my opinion).
I think he shouldn't have been banned, because although he did leave (I don't care why, nobody cares when I have power loss or my ISP fucks me), there is a rule:

Leaving (before creeps spawn)   Warn

Yes, negertivus, this is also in the rules section. You can not know if this is his first time or not, so you shouldn't ban in cases like this. Post a request in the forums, and let other mods decide if he deserves a warn, ban, or if they believe that he just lost connection.

So I say that:
  • No host should ban anyone who exits game during countdown. (Maybe, the bot shouldn't allow using ban for players leaving before the game mode is specified or before 10th second etc.)
  • Ban abusing hosts should get banned.
  • Also, host using ban without knowing and fully understanding the rules, like the one rule I have mentioned above, should at least be warned.
  • No mod should ever unban him/herself.
  • No mod should ever ban a player with whom he/she has a quarrel. An independent, 3rd mod should be asked to revise the situation, and decide on the ban.

It is common sense, man. You just don't unban yourself. Simple as that. Not even if you think the ban is unjust. Like everyone else, you have to go through the unban procedure. (And we all know you can pm another mod, and he/she will revise your unban request out of turn. So you will not have to wait one day to get your unban, like the rest of us, but somehow, that is acceptable. Or more acceptable, because it just feels like kind of corruption, not power abuse.)
Cheers!
(Playdota.eu.08... Do you want me to draw this for you?)
Nerdgertis-- The rules have spoken !